Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348521 times)

0 Members and 214 Guests are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5205 on: September 10, 2009, 06:06:35 am »

Oh wow. I had no idea that ghost bikes were a thing. I just thought Lyle made up some words. But upon Googling, that strip now makes so much sense.

Education.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5206 on: September 10, 2009, 06:10:46 am »

I had heard of them, but I saw my first in Baltimore just the other day. It was on Maryland just south of North Ave. Definitely made me stop reflect for a while there.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5207 on: September 10, 2009, 06:17:08 am »

my previous two watches have cost 9$ each. I am thinking about upgrading to something in the 40$ range.
My wrists are skinny, I like incredibly simple looking watches. Like, a knob to set the time, 2 hands, flat face.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5208 on: September 10, 2009, 06:21:29 am »

Have you looked at Skagen watches? They're a little bit more than that (I think around $50-70) but they have very thin faces, most are made of titanium so they are very light, and the design is extremely simple and clean.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5209 on: September 10, 2009, 06:30:09 am »

Right there with you.   There are a couple six ghost bikes stashed around Portland.  They give me the creeps.   Makes me feel like there's a right-hook out there somewhere with my name on it.

Oh shit. I saw one of those in Colorado Springs. I wondered, "why is that bike locked up and painted all white?" It was right near Colorado College. I had no idea what it symbolized. That is hella creepy.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5210 on: September 10, 2009, 06:35:10 am »

Trout-- some of these are just what I want. some are way too "modern" looking, though.

that 9$ watch was just so good... I wish I could find a nice version of it, or something. White face, silvery body, green crappy plastic mesh band.
the first one lasted exactly a year, and then I was doing a vulgar "fisting" hand motion and broke it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5211 on: September 10, 2009, 07:16:32 am »

Oh shit. I saw one of those in Colorado Springs. I wondered, "why is that bike locked up and painted all white?" It was right near Colorado College. I had no idea what it symbolized. That is hella creepy.

At least he got out of Colorado Springs.  knowwhatimsayin'

Not as creepy as Colorado Springs.  zing

But yeah, saw one in Denver or Boulder recently, those are creepy.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5212 on: September 10, 2009, 07:36:46 am »

The day I gave in and got a cell phone is the day I stopped wearing watches.

I mean, built into my cell phone is all the function of a watch and I have to carry it with me, anyway.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5213 on: September 10, 2009, 12:32:42 pm »

I like vintage Timex watches, especially the automatic ones.  I have several.  I normally wear an automatic from 1977 -- still keeps perfect time.  Probably cost $30 or so in '77.  I paid around $20 for it on E-bay.

Today I'm wearing my wind up Mickey penis Timex from 1971.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5214 on: September 10, 2009, 12:55:37 pm »

I have a horrible sense of time so I'm always looking at my watch. I like that I can do so more subtly than pulling my phone out of my pocket.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5215 on: September 10, 2009, 01:48:44 pm »

well yeah, i've always used my phone to tell the time. this watch is more of just jewelry (which i have never worn), a reward to myself for actually getting somewhere in professional life. The fact that it happens to tell time is just a nice function. I work hard and its nice to have nice things. Ash buys an RV, I buy a watch.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 01:55:32 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5216 on: September 10, 2009, 04:41:12 pm »

I would be likely to smash up either an RV or a fancy watch. I stick to expensive chocolate, which is basically supposed to be destroyed in the course of being properly used.

I did get a nice watch at Target lately though. It has a little lizard on the second hand that goes round and round.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5217 on: September 10, 2009, 05:24:04 pm »

you guys buy watches and RVs, i buy shoes and throw dinner parties. also i'm an anachronistic luddite or something.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5218 on: September 10, 2009, 05:27:07 pm »

hookers, books, vodka, pot \o/
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5219 on: September 10, 2009, 05:54:52 pm »

Theres a ps3 on the trading floor. I dont know if this is a sign of continuing recession or improvement, but GTA is kind of fun. Tonight when you hear the stock market news, think of the 30 year old dudes playing gta with their trade-stations on auto-pilot. Michael Moore could probably use this scene in his new movie.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:59:23 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 878   Go Up