Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349094 times)

0 Members and 202 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5265 on: September 14, 2009, 04:53:46 pm »

Woot, indeed!

...tody I'm doing the suffer ridiculous pain thing. Took a new hoss out for a trail trial yesterday and he...failed horribly.

He did well on the ground and had manners but I was iffy on him because his back end pasterns were too long and put his heels too far under his butt, making him walk on the frog of the foot, which ain't a happy making foot thing.

Got him out on the trail and when I put the go-juice bump to him to check his paces he went slanted on me and we had a little rodeo on the trail. I did my eight seconds and stayed the saddle but somewhere in the middle of the dust kicking something went pop! in my lower back. Took him back to the barn and told the lady she could keep her damn fancy leopard appaloosa 'cause he had poor manners.

Probably didn't help things that I went stubborn and mucked out my hosss stall and paddock after that. Or that I had to carry a saddle and lead my hoss up a quarter mile hill to get out of there.

I went and threw a sauna at it later in the afternoon but something has gone wrong. Locked up on me while trying to sleep and is kinda loosening up this morning.

Fuckit, getting old ain't for sissies anyways.

I've heard that pop before.  Ow.  Sounds like a job for Flexeril and Naproxen!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5266 on: September 14, 2009, 05:33:42 pm »

aspercreme has a new icy-hot style with a sponge applicator, it works great for muscle aches. (not cream-ist)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5267 on: September 14, 2009, 09:38:05 pm »

That is all well and good, but the real question is whether you would eat gunpowder if you were having a heart attack. because that would be a great story for the grand kids.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5268 on: September 14, 2009, 09:39:04 pm »

Does that... help? I don't see why you wouldn't if it did.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5269 on: September 14, 2009, 09:48:15 pm »

Nitrocellulose ≠ nitroglycerin
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5270 on: September 14, 2009, 09:53:17 pm »

Nitrocellulose ≠ nitroglycerin
damn. oh well. What about dynamite? Can you chew on dynamite if you have a heart attack?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5271 on: September 14, 2009, 09:54:33 pm »

Johnny was the chemist's son
Johnny is no more
What Johnny thought was H20
Was H2SO4
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5272 on: September 14, 2009, 11:25:22 pm »

Shhh!  You're letting out the secret to gun-nut longevity!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5273 on: September 15, 2009, 01:36:54 am »

(is decommissioned the word? Drilled and made harmless)

The word I've heard most often is "demilled," probably short for demilitarized.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5274 on: September 15, 2009, 02:41:19 am »

Coors??? 

Dude, I'm so disappointed.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5275 on: September 15, 2009, 02:51:45 am »

don't shit on coor's. it's better than pabst, like a cowboy miller high life.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5276 on: September 15, 2009, 03:07:47 am »

My cheap-ass beer of choice was always Labatts Blue. I have no idea why.

Coors tastes like water with rubbing alcohol in it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5277 on: September 15, 2009, 03:19:08 am »

In 5 minutes I'm going out for drinks with one of my lady friends and I'm debating what to get. I have not gone out and had a drink in about 2 months. This is going to be great. What should I get? I'm thinking maybe a margarita (rocks), or maybe a G&T, since I just started liking those. At home I usually have a beer, or a glass of red wine, or scotch on the rocks.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5278 on: September 15, 2009, 03:21:11 am »

when we did a blind taste-test of cheap beers, something really weird came in first place.

to be fair, by the time we got the whole blind-taste-test apparatus set up, the beer was all lukewarm and mostly flat.

Stag came in last place. PBR came in 3rd or so... it is bugging me now that I forget what else did well.

I don't think we included coors. Miller High Life did pretty badly, which surprised me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5279 on: September 15, 2009, 05:25:28 am »

Miller High Life tastes awful, the only other beer, besides bud light, that I truly don't understand how people can drink.

Coors is decent, though I haven't had it since I was like 17, Coors light? awful.

Also, fuck you, that is my water buddy. 

Also also, labatt blue isn't cheap at all.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 878   Go Up