Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348783 times)

0 Members and 219 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5295 on: September 16, 2009, 04:52:32 am »

Why do I get such shitty service from female staff in bars? I got 2 gin and tonics, and they were both so pathetically weak I should have just sent them back. I guess they figure that I'm not going to tip well. Ugh.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5296 on: September 16, 2009, 04:53:21 am »

so did you tip them well?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5297 on: September 16, 2009, 09:02:49 am »

I am writing an essay about seeing pictures of a good friend from high school dressed up in a Confederate uniform. on a plantation.

I feel like as pissed off as I was about this at the time, I am only now realizing how many levels of Fucked Up are going on there.

It was always interesting to me in high school that the same fucktards who yelled about Respecting the President and the Troops and Love it or Leave It had confederate flag bumper stickers.

I thought I had convinced this guy to take the pictures down when I relayed my dad's message "you will never, ever, ever get a job if people see these pictures of you," but they are still up.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 09:17:42 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5298 on: September 16, 2009, 12:57:06 pm »

Why do I get such shitty service from female staff in bars? I got 2 gin and tonics, and they were both so pathetically weak I should have just sent them back. I guess they figure that I'm not going to tip well. Ugh.

I have often read that waiters have the stereotype that women don't tip well. This pisses me off, because I always have to check the Technical Staff's tip to make sure he is not being a cheapskate. He has never had a job like that and has no sympathy, I think.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5299 on: September 16, 2009, 12:58:44 pm »

Whenever I go into a place on half-price burger night or something I feel like I need a sign that says "I am not a crap dude and will tip you on the original amount if you are a decent waiter. Please do not make me wait 20 minutes for a refill on my Coke."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5300 on: September 16, 2009, 01:09:52 pm »

Yeah. There needs to be some secret hand signal that a waiter can teach a person once they've proven themselves to be a good tipper.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5301 on: September 16, 2009, 01:35:43 pm »

I am writing an essay about seeing pictures of a good friend from high school dressed up in a Confederate uniform. on a plantation.

I feel like as pissed off as I was about this at the time, I am only now realizing how many levels of Fucked Up are going on there.

It was always interesting to me in high school that the same fucktards who yelled about Respecting the President and the Troops and Love it or Leave It had confederate flag bumper stickers.

I thought I had convinced this guy to take the pictures down when I relayed my dad's message "you will never, ever, ever get a job if people see these pictures of you," but they are still up.
Is he a reenactor?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5302 on: September 16, 2009, 02:07:16 pm »

no, he is in a douchey southern fraternity. every year their formal is "Old South" themed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5303 on: September 16, 2009, 03:42:53 pm »

My kneejerk reaction to this concept is "man, we just did not go far enough with Reconstruction, did we? Europe got it right, throwing you in jail for even suggesting that the Nazis might not be all bad, this is definitely part of why Europe has their shit together compared to us, these days."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5304 on: September 16, 2009, 03:47:16 pm »

Quote from: linnea
Why do I get such shitty service from female staff in bars?

Easy.

They are jealous of your good looks.

This is the best answer to all questions like that and even if it is not always true, it will make you feel better even when it is not.

Except in your case, of course, where it is always true.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5305 on: September 16, 2009, 03:53:10 pm »

My kneejerk reaction to this concept is "man, we just did not go far enough with Reconstruction, did we? Europe got it right, throwing you in jail for even suggesting that the Nazis might not be all bad, this is definitely part of why Europe has their shit together compared to us, these days."

We can blame John Wilkes Booth for this. He is directly responsible for this.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5306 on: September 16, 2009, 03:56:13 pm »

And when I say "we" I mean "you guys".

My various ancestors were still in southern and eastern Europe sticking berries up their nose at the time.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5307 on: September 16, 2009, 04:04:29 pm »

I am not pro- jailing people.

I just want to scream "TRAITOR!" at them.

Like, I think that is pretty literally true. They explicitly support a group who took up arms against the US government.

additional horrifying fact: this guy's parents moved to Charlotte from THE NORTH.
It is not like he has some sort of thing going on where his parents named him Robert Lee ____ or talk about the War of Northern Aggression.
He went to my high school, I know that they had that talk in 11th grade where the teacher said "hate to tell you guys, it was kind of complicated, but basically the southern states explicitly said "we are seceding because we want to own slaves." and then showed the class quotes where they said that. Also, people in the south weren't really that into the Confederate Flag thing until the civil rights era."

man, I am sure I was really rude when I talked to him about this, but the more we talked the more it became apparent that he just had no idea what he was doing.
"Dude, you know they owned black people? that's how they had those plantations. they owned black people. you participated in nostalgia, where the thing you were nostalgic for was "remember when we owned black people"."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5308 on: September 16, 2009, 04:23:36 pm »

the current crop of ding-dongs people
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5309 on: September 16, 2009, 04:32:14 pm »

Poetry touches me is all
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 878   Go Up