Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348032 times)

0 Members and 189 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5400 on: September 22, 2009, 04:29:09 am »

i have a leatherman, as well.  i didnt pay for it, though. 
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5401 on: September 22, 2009, 02:38:02 pm »

Quote from: Paul via FB
Anyway, if I had of gone and I wasn't in jail I would have loved to take in a Nats game with you.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5402 on: September 22, 2009, 02:46:05 pm »

Wait. What?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5403 on: September 22, 2009, 05:14:39 pm »

Wait. What?

Unrelated to going to see the Nats play I was invited to go to Washington DC to participate in a parade for the H Street Festival (Is that the right name?).  I didn't go because I couldn't afford it, but had I gone I could have taken in a Nats game with Carlos.

Also had I gone I might have been arrested because of the super tight security in that area.  Two of my artcar friends who were in attendance were detained and one was not allowed to participate because the authorities thought their cars looked suspicious.  My car, which is waaaaaay scarier than either one of those would have surely been impounded and I might have been arrested in the process.  I mean, check out  what happened this past weekend at the beach.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5404 on: September 22, 2009, 10:14:02 pm »

I find people's credit cards on the ground in gas stations a LOT. Why does this happen so often?

I mean, I guess it's only happened to me twice, but, that seems pretty frequent considering I've been driving for 4 years, but haven't had a car for the majority of the last 3.

Yesterday this girl did a broadcast that broke like 100000 of our rules. I sent her an email, and we had a nice chat. She wasn't aware of some of the rules, etc. No big deal.
So why is her lil BITCH friend sending me facebook messages saying "KWUR doesn't have to be hipster shit all the time man"

my favorite part is that the exchange started out with like, her apologizing for sending me a bitchy email. and then she started bitching at me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:44:37 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5405 on: September 23, 2009, 12:50:25 am »

Unrelated to going to see the Nats play I was invited to go to Washington DC to participate in a parade for the H Street Festival (Is that the right name?).  I didn't go because I couldn't afford it, but had I gone I could have taken in a Nats game with Carlos.

Also had I gone I might have been arrested because of the super tight security in that area.  Two of my artcar friends who were in attendance were detained and one was not allowed to participate because the authorities thought their cars looked suspicious.  My car, which is waaaaaay scarier than either one of those would have surely been impounded and I might have been arrested in the process.  I mean, check out  what happened this past weekend at the beach.

Oh, you should have come. Or at least I should have gone to that festival. Even if you weren't there, I could have seen an artcar with a nose and fancy glasses.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5406 on: September 23, 2009, 01:33:51 am »

yeah, I mean, actually she is also a DJ. But whatever. It became very clear that she was not thinking reasonably.

Also she got mad because I kept pointing out that words didn't mean what she was using them to mean.
In a way that initially felt pedantic, but like... her arguments were based on mis-using words.

In all, working at the radio station is making me realize that a lot of people seem to think that the way to get what they want is to be a bitch. I guess I knew this, but it's pretty intense how rapidly people move into bitch-mode after a really generic email. Even like, a reminder email that was sent to everyone gets weirdly aggressive responses.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5407 on: September 23, 2009, 03:28:32 am »

Oh, you should have come. Or at least I should have gone to that festival. Even if you weren't there, I could have seen an artcar with a nose and fancy glasses.

Those are all friends of mine.  The car with the nose and glasses is Bonnie Blue from Houston.  She's an artist who paints portraits of peoples faces on rocks.

The first picture is Chris Hubbard and the Heaven and Hell car.  His was one of the cars that got detained.  There's also pictures of the Laster Blasters Inner Galactic Love Shack-a-LLac.  Those crazy Jesus Freaks stayed with me at my house when they came to the big parade here in Houston back in May.

They say they are gonna do it again next year so.  Hell I'll risk Guantanamo Bay to meet you Wombat.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5408 on: September 23, 2009, 12:19:36 pm »

Well if you don't make it, at least next year I'll know to go and tell all of them that I know you. "Hi, I am Paul's imaginary friend from the internet, do any of you have cars that spit fire too?"
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5409 on: September 23, 2009, 12:57:26 pm »

Well if you don't make it, at least next year I'll know to go and tell all of them that I know you. "Hi, I am Paul's imaginary friend from the internet, do any of you have cars that spit fire too?"

About two weeks ago I received a call that started with, "Hi, this is [redacted]. From the internet."
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5410 on: September 23, 2009, 04:14:19 pm »

Have you told her to go eat a bowl of dicks yet?
Hard to think of a more unsettling mental image than a bowl of dicks.  Let alone an invitation to eat them.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5411 on: September 23, 2009, 05:04:39 pm »

Hard to think of a more unsettling mental image than a bowl of dicks.  Let alone an invitation to eat them.

And yet, it seems so... practical.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5412 on: September 23, 2009, 08:32:21 pm »

About two weeks ago I received a call that started with, "Hi, this is [redacted]. From the internet."

Hahahaha, tiny can. Awesome.

Have you told her to go eat a bowl of dicks yet?
Hard to think of a more unsettling mental image than a bowl of dicks.  Let alone an invitation to eat them.
And yet, it seems so... practical.

Many years ago, I heard a good friend back home utter the phrase, "they can go eat a bowl of dicks" when I told him that I had been rejected from my top choice grad school. I have used it ever since. Some of the dudes that I work with find it offensive.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5413 on: September 24, 2009, 01:17:31 am »

I think the distinction between eating the dicks and sucking them makes this interesting. Usually in the communication of an insult, one is told to suck a dick. The Introduction of Cannibalism is jarring in an effective way, that commands the attention.

But wait, in my assumption that the dicks were human, have I been too hasty? They could certainly be animal dicks. And this raises an interesting point: It is not okay to suck an animal dick, but it is socially acceptable, though strange, to eat an animal dick.

Also:
Many years ago, I heard a good friend back home utter the phrase, "they can go eat a bowl of dicks" when I told him that I had been rejected from my top choice grad school. I have used it ever since. Some of the dudes that I work with find it offensive.
If I may say, those dudes can go eat a bowl of dicks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 01:20:59 am by Toaster »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5414 on: September 24, 2009, 01:42:27 am »

That's an interesting point, because it means that some of the dicks in the bowl may be... barbed.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 878   Go Up