Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348515 times)

0 Members and 214 Guests are viewing this topic.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5430 on: September 25, 2009, 01:17:54 pm »

... Not even contemplate studying for a Sworn Translator exam I'll be having on Sunday. It's legal English, the mere concept of which makes my brain try to escape through my ears. Why the fuck did I even applied for this? (Oh yeah, because sworn translators get so much money, nickels fly out of their nostrils when they sneeze...)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5431 on: September 25, 2009, 01:55:15 pm »

a Sworn Translator exam I'll be having on Sunday.

Is this a test covering all the dirty words in a foreign language?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5432 on: September 25, 2009, 01:57:51 pm »

It's very evil to tease people with amazing concepts that can never be, you know...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5433 on: September 25, 2009, 03:07:26 pm »

Is this a test covering all the dirty words in a foreign language?

Is that the one you take before you can be a translator at a kid's birthday party?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 04:25:02 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5434 on: September 25, 2009, 04:20:40 pm »

Is that the one you take before you can be a translator at a kid's birthday party.

THAT'S ONE THING YOU CAN'T SAY IN HEAVEN.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5435 on: September 26, 2009, 05:16:22 am »

...start an Internet Vacation. That's a vacation from the internet, not a vacation on the internet.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5436 on: September 26, 2009, 06:34:59 am »

...start an Internet Vacation. That's a vacation from the internet, not a vacation on the internet.

So, uh, how's that working out for you?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5437 on: September 27, 2009, 12:23:01 am »

On the Internet, every day is a vacation.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5438 on: September 27, 2009, 12:41:11 am »

ungh.

I am refraining from typing out my whole day here. Horrible horrible date because the birthday girl's sister was in town, no internet, my roommate is being a dick, it's raining and muddy.

ok, maybe I fucked up some aspects of the date thing on my own.

highlight of the weekend, though:
visiting sister (drunk): "sorry, dude, what's your name again?"
me: "Daniel."
Sister: "OH! *to sister* this is Daniel!"
then non-visiting sister turned bright red and slapped her.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 06:09:21 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5439 on: September 27, 2009, 06:51:01 am »

Today:  Sausagefest!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5440 on: September 27, 2009, 07:31:24 am »

eww, ima gonna have a tofurkey sausage.  went to a party played guitar in basement the whole time.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5441 on: September 27, 2009, 09:44:38 pm »

Alexandria, VA = drunk white people dancing
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5442 on: September 27, 2009, 11:00:20 pm »

eww, ima gonna have a tofurkey sausage.  went to a party played guitar in basement the whole time.

Our store finally got Soyrizo, which I had for breakfast today and it was fuck*ng excellent.

Alexandria, VA = drunk white people dancing

Sounds like a...great time?

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5443 on: September 28, 2009, 12:38:32 am »

that is exactly what Alexandria is like.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5444 on: September 28, 2009, 06:58:37 pm »

I am now back from Vegas. Considering how many free drinks are about I ingested a very small amount.

All this Alexandria talk has made me want to rewatch the Arlington Rap.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 878   Go Up