Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349490 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5445 on: September 29, 2009, 02:08:32 am »

I am now back from Vegas.

More details!  SPILL
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5446 on: September 29, 2009, 02:23:57 am »

More details!  SPILL

There's really nothing to tell. I went to see Penn & Teller w/ a guy who lives out there now, lost some money at craps, and saw a couple of cover bands. That's it, really.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5447 on: September 29, 2009, 05:22:11 am »

I occasionally watch Penn's You Tube Channel.  He's a pretty interesting guy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5448 on: September 29, 2009, 02:37:03 pm »

Did they do the bullet catch?  Their version of that is the most mystifying magic trick I've ever seen.  I have no goddamn idea how they do it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5449 on: September 29, 2009, 03:00:21 pm »

Did they do the bullet catch?  Their version of that is the most mystifying magic trick I've ever seen.  I have no goddamn idea how they do it.

They did. And the one guy they pulled up from the audience wouldn't give them straight answers. Whenever they'd ask him if something was real or whatever he would say "it would appear so" or something like that. Not that I can blame him.

I'm more interested in how they did the bit with the joke books.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5450 on: September 29, 2009, 03:07:38 pm »

Not familiar with that one.

BTW, I don't feel the need to start a new topic for this:  I met Jough weekend before last in Chicago.  He has the photographic evidence.  The tale of my Chicago weekend is on ye olden FoolBlog of olde.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5451 on: September 29, 2009, 03:32:04 pm »

Not familiar with that one.

It's their way of showing that John Edwards etc are fakes. They hand out joke books to the audience then figure out what particular joke each person will select. For the first guy Penn explained how he did it but for the other two it was more confusing.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5452 on: September 29, 2009, 03:37:20 pm »

I have never had so many problems with my papers coming out too long. I guess my brain is more full of ideas than it used to be? Also, who decided 12 is standard font size? 10 is so much better looking on the page.

John Edwards is a fake because he cheated on his dying wife. I didn't know he did mind-reading stuff too.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 03:41:52 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5453 on: September 29, 2009, 03:39:08 pm »

...crash my bike during a race.  

I managed to hit a deep rut left by the motorcross races that take place on the same track.   Usually you have to time them, and sail through them without pedaling as they're deep enough to let you through, but too deep for you to spin your pedals while going through.  I hit this one at an angle, which jerked my front wheel very suddenly 45 degrees to the left.  Whoopsie-daisy-owl!

I totally rolled on the bike while clipped into my pedals.  I was also fairly certain there was a bike right behind me, ready to run into me.  Somehow during the ensuing scramble to not die and then get back up my chain came off.   In the time it took me to shift it back onto my chainring, I went from middle of the pack and gaining places to DFL.  (A Technical term: Dead fuck*ng Last)

I rode hard afterward, and while being alone for a good portion, I caught the tail of the race and finished ahead of 4 or 5 people.

Not an awesome finish, but I feel pretty awesome about what I did with a really shit situation.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5454 on: September 29, 2009, 03:42:59 pm »

wrong john edwards dude, google "crossing over"

Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5455 on: September 29, 2009, 04:00:27 pm »

Also, who decided 12 is standard font size? 10 is so much better looking on the page.

10 pt probably looks great to your youthful eyes, but 12 is probably better for your middle aged professor.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5456 on: September 29, 2009, 05:12:45 pm »

10 pt probably looks great to your youthful eyes, but 12 is probably better for your middle aged professor.

I think it depends on the font. To me Arial in 10 and Times New Roman in 12 look about the same size. But Arial 12 looks huge and TNR in 10 is a little small for comfort.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5457 on: September 29, 2009, 05:30:47 pm »

Not an awesome finish, but I feel pretty awesome about what I did with a really shit situation.

Now we drink! We feast! We spit in the face of death for another day! BAH!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5458 on: September 29, 2009, 06:49:53 pm »

Did they do the bullet catch?  Their version of that is the most mystifying magic trick I've ever seen.  I have no goddamn idea how they do it.

i wonder if its anything like they show in 'the prestige'?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5459 on: September 29, 2009, 07:53:34 pm »

10 pt probably looks great to your youthful eyes, but 12 is probably better for your middle aged professor.
Now we drink! We feast! We spit in the face of death for another day! BAH!
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 878   Go Up