Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347375 times)

0 Members and 179 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5460 on: September 30, 2009, 04:03:29 am »

Not familiar with that one.

BTW, I don't feel the need to start a new topic for this:  I met Jough weekend before last in Chicago.  He has the photographic evidence.  The tale of my Chicago weekend is on ye olden FoolBlog of olde.

Oh god that pizza looks fuck*ng magical. Glad that you guys had a fun visit!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5461 on: October 01, 2009, 02:59:06 am »

Working at the radio station constantly teaches me that fucked up spoiled 19 year olds have really weird ideas about how to get what they want.
My previous favorite was implying "you aren't going to give me this position because you only give jobs to people who fuck you."
Which, like, yes, someone ended up getting that job who was also someone's girlfriend. But she also like... put in hard work and wasn't a bitch.
Also, what is the thought process that goes into "I just gave this really mediocre interview where I essentially said that I'm too lazy to do this job, now I'm going to accuse the GM of only giving jobs to people who suck his dick. That'll make him think i'm a good candidate who works well with people."

my new one though, is today.
"DB told me I was doing something wrong, so I went through his playlists from over a year ago and found a mistake he made, and reported it to the General Manager. Now everyone will know that I am awesome and he sucks."
also: this person is theoretically my subordinate. I don't really interact with her, but like... on the chart of the station management, I am directly above her.

also a couple of weeks ago she did something that was arguably... i don't even know the word for this.
using her limited power in her volunteer position to get money by tricking DJs into reading an announcement on the air for the company she works for.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:20:30 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5462 on: October 01, 2009, 05:00:16 am »

Today I'm going to kick my head until I remember not to argue with people about abortion.
It wasn't about whether abortion is desirable etc (I know enough not to try changing people's minds about that) but rather on how we are taught about it. We had a seminar where we had talks from teen mothers, people from the adoption department of the state government, a counsellor who specialises in teen pregnancy and a lady who runs an abortion clinic.
A girl in my study group was annoyed that the lady who runs the clinic acted like an abortion is no big deal and the women just go in and out and are fine. The girl's argument was basically that the abortionist should have brought up the mental trauma and the morality of it and so on. Except that the counsellors had already covered that stuff and the abortionist was there to specifically speak about the process an abortion which is, physically, fairly straight forward.
She finally said that she was annoyed because no one was there to speak about why abortion was wrong. Except no one was there to speak about why it's right either, because as professionals the judgement call is not ours to make, it's the patient's. Anyway, the whole conversation triggered my 'trying to impose your values on a patient' anger button and... I got a bit yelly. Which annoys me because I'm normally better than that with my emotions.
Anyway, study time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5463 on: October 01, 2009, 08:23:30 am »

the other day we saw an ad for the new Michael Moore movie, and we agreed that I would be the one guy who would be so upset by his shenanigans that I would go along with it.

"You're.... you're right Mr. Moore. I'm history's greatest monster. I surrender, take me to jail. Take me to jail... here, here are my hands, cuff me. I'm... I'm so sorry for stealing all of this money from the starving children. *sob*"

in other news, things are getting to a point where...
well, even McGuyver had to fail sometimes, right? Eventually they took the show off the air and stuff. Sometimes the odds are so stacked against him that he can't do his McGuyver thing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5464 on: October 01, 2009, 08:38:56 am »

Sounds like that Kids in the Hall skit where the one fella apologizes for causing cancer, somehow.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5465 on: October 01, 2009, 12:52:18 pm »

Sounds like that Kids in the Hall skit where the one fella apologizes for causing cancer, somehow.

Well not quite, because the premise of that sketch was that Bruce McCulloch actually did cause all that cancer. He just didn't realize what a horrible disease it was.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5466 on: October 01, 2009, 01:35:07 pm »

Inevs had sex, guys.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5467 on: October 01, 2009, 01:42:07 pm »

in other news, things are getting to a point where...
well, even McGuyver had to fail sometimes, right? Eventually they took the show off the air and stuff. Sometimes the odds are so stacked against him that he can't do his McGuyver thing.

Quote from: JorgeFabregas
Inevs had sex, guys.

Hmmmm...  you may have something there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5468 on: October 01, 2009, 01:43:26 pm »

Nah, it'll be one of those two part episodes where it looks like he's going down but he'll pull it out in the first five minutes of part two.
McGuyver I mean.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:00:59 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5469 on: October 01, 2009, 04:29:25 pm »

Today I'm going to kick my head until I remember not to argue with people about abortion.
It wasn't about whether abortion is desirable etc (I know enough not to try changing people's minds about that) but rather on how we are taught about it. We had a seminar where we had talks from teen mothers, people from the adoption department of the state government, a counsellor who specialises in teen pregnancy and a lady who runs an abortion clinic.

The only right way to have a conversation about abortion is to light the thought building on fire, and sit outside with a "no" gun, and shoot to kill any pieces of conversation trying to escape their fiery death.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5470 on: October 01, 2009, 05:07:45 pm »

Inevs had sex, guys.

Oh come on I wasn't born yesterday.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5471 on: October 02, 2009, 01:46:59 am »

...hang out in downtown Annapolis all day today and film sailboats. Then eat some friggin' amazing lamb gyros. Better than all the sex TheInevitable isn't having.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5472 on: October 02, 2009, 02:11:33 am »

The only right way to have a conversation about abortion is to light the thought building on fire, and sit outside with a "no" gun, and shoot to kill any pieces of conversation trying to escape their fiery death.

You see I know this and usually act to this dictum but on this occasion reason abandoned me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5473 on: October 02, 2009, 04:02:47 am »

Well Mr. Letterman, that was terribly awkward. It took the audience entirely too long to realize he was not telling a joke.

Edit: I'm not entirely sure how I would react if I found package full of embarrassing things I've done, in my car, at 6 AM.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 05:20:39 am by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5474 on: October 02, 2009, 05:17:27 am »

Hmm.  Awkward.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 878   Go Up