Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343889 times)

0 Members and 181 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5730 on: November 03, 2009, 05:14:22 am »

either you saw bruce springsteen tonight or clarence clemons was on the phone and totally cut you off in traffic
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5731 on: November 03, 2009, 05:19:34 am »

If Clarence Clemons had cut me off in traffic everyone would have cheered, because apparently no matter what he does, everyone goes wild.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5732 on: November 03, 2009, 05:22:44 am »

well he is the biggest man you've ever seen
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5733 on: November 03, 2009, 02:32:54 pm »

Clarence Clemons and I have the same birthday.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5734 on: November 03, 2009, 06:12:12 pm »

lately ive been building these BAMFs with my bare hands:





Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5735 on: November 03, 2009, 06:18:05 pm »

Actually, it would be much more impressive if you did it with gloves on.  Boxing gloves.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5736 on: November 03, 2009, 06:37:32 pm »

Post unhappy crap about my marriage on an internet chat board about cartoon cats, feel angry and nauseated, get in a relationship-altering fight with my best work friend, and cry at my desk. 

In other news, how was the interview, RB?

In yet other news, I am a proud recipient of one of those BAMF scarves and it's beautiful. 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5737 on: November 03, 2009, 07:04:17 pm »

...Get a bit annoyed that I can't get really annoyed at not passing the Sworn Translator exams. I would be entitled to some fun-size annoyance, had I studied, but I didn't. But the weird part is that I got a decent score on the subject I thought I'd flunk (legal English), and then I got a ridiculously low score on the subject I thought I'd ace (human English). Come again, Trade Chamber bureaucrats?

This whole thing seems rather... esoteric to me, so I won't even bother looking further into it. Other people are also complaining, for the average grades are very low, and no one seems to have passed... oh well. Looks like it won't be this time that I'll be able to get some slack on the rat race...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5738 on: November 03, 2009, 07:25:52 pm »

[crochet pics]

Cann'd for handicrafts.

I'm a knitter. You on Ravelry?

Also: do you and BlueMoon know each other IRL, then?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5739 on: November 03, 2009, 07:26:32 pm »

...Sworn Translator....llegal English...human English...Trade Chamber...

Dang, man, what are you studying, how to be an ambassador between alien and human worlds?
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5740 on: November 03, 2009, 07:31:25 pm »


Also: do you and BlueMoon know each other IRL, then?

We are as good of friends as two people can possibly be who have known each other for about two months and have not actually met.  I consider him an IRL friend, yes, despite the above-mentioned not meeting IRL yet.   He is dear to me.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5741 on: November 03, 2009, 07:46:47 pm »

Dang, man, what are you studying, how to be an ambassador between alien and human worlds?

Sworn translators translate the contents of legal documents from one language to another, and they are liable for anything that might happen because of the inaccuracy of their translations (think one zero to the wrong side of the decimal point, for instance). Usually they can charge kidneys for their services; also, they work mostly with legal documents (wills, deeds, contracts etc), so they have to know a lot about Law and legalese (which I, in my post, contrasted with actual human, colloquial English, which, until today, I thought I knew pretty much alright, you know.)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5742 on: November 03, 2009, 07:48:41 pm »

actual human, colloquial English, which, until today, I thought I knew pretty much alright, you know.

You had us fooled. I think you were here for a year before I realized you weren't a native speaker.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5743 on: November 03, 2009, 07:54:33 pm »

I agree, that is wrong that you would not pass that test. And I would totally have guessed that you are human, roo.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5744 on: November 03, 2009, 07:55:30 pm »

get in a relationship-altering fight with my best work friend...

I swallowed my pride, wrote her a note of sincere apology (even though the fight was only about 25% "my fault"), she called me crazy, I called her a rude bitch, we said we loved each other, hugged and made up.  I feel better.  :)
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 878   Go Up