Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344180 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5760 on: November 04, 2009, 03:27:22 am »

Smick and inev: you are good men.  BTW, they know how you feel.  Women always do.  It's their loss if they don't make the right decision.  You'll find women who appreciate your goodness, I promise. 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5761 on: November 04, 2009, 05:32:07 am »

Oh, no... My ladyfriend isn't going anywhere.

She's not going anywhere, is she?!

WHAT THE HELL BLUEMOON?!  WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!  TELL ME WHERE SHE'S GOING!

IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING YOU'D BETTER TELL ME RIGHT NOW!

Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5762 on: November 04, 2009, 06:13:15 am »

Cann'd for handicrafts.

I'm a knitter. You on Ravelry?

no, ma'am.  i only learned to crochet like, a week and a half ago.  the scarf i sent to bluemoon was created with (the smallest)one of these:



the smallest also makes a swell infant/baby hat.

but i digress, ive only mastered the single stitch.  once i get good at a double, i may look into making something that involves a pattern....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5763 on: November 04, 2009, 06:16:43 am »

also:

420, female dogggggs!

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5764 on: November 04, 2009, 06:31:42 am »

I hurt my feet on those crochet things SO OFTEN.

My (long-suffering) girlfriend has perfected all arts and crafts except for knitting and so I am familiar with that crochet ring thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5765 on: November 04, 2009, 07:06:36 am »

Is there some way we can work in how someone I know just died and I feel funny about deleting her number from my cell phone? It's relevant because she was kind of aggravating and now I wonder if I should have been nicer to her.

No weirder than me IMing a dead person when I can't figure out who else to talk to.  Still have that phone number saved, too... and it'll be three years at the end of the month.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5766 on: November 04, 2009, 08:20:18 am »

Smick, I too have recently learned that I hate that activity. Except eventually I told her a boring (soothing?) story from my childhood, which is when she fell asleep. I am glad my boring stories have found their true purpose.

Awesome.

Is there some way we can work in how someone I know just died and I feel funny about deleting her number from my cell phone? It's relevant because she was kind of aggravating and now I wonder if I should have been nicer to her.

We should probably be nicer to everyone, but I wouldn't put it all on yourself.


Today I landed my first nice clean canulation, which is not a huge thing, but nice.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5767 on: November 04, 2009, 01:41:10 pm »

Oh, no... My ladyfriend isn't going anywhere.

She's not going anywhere, is she?!

WHAT THE HELL BLUEMOON?!  WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!  TELL ME WHERE SHE'S GOING!

IF YOU KNOW SOMETHING YOU'D BETTER TELL ME RIGHT NOW!

LOL!  Whew, I'm glad I was wrong...I must have been talking to the OTHER smick's ladyfriend.  THAT smick has a ladyfriend who he consoles during all her bad relationships while he secretly wishes she'd open her eyes and see he's the one who's been there for her all along.  (Sorry, I have way too active an imagination and apparently have seen too many formulaic romcoms.)
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5768 on: November 04, 2009, 01:53:29 pm »

...Invite a work hottie for lunch. This will lead nowhere but to an increase in frustration (actually, she just IM'd back saying that "we" [her group of friends] are leaving in some 40 mins, and that I can tag along... Why did you ask for backup, work hottie? Why must you treat me so?

Edit: bailed out \o/! Managed to find an excuse so I'm back having lunch alone; Won't have to feign interest in whatever a pack of 20-somethings chitters about these days. I predict some work empowerment at lunch today.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:30:53 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5769 on: November 04, 2009, 05:11:09 pm »

LOL!  Whew, I'm glad I was wrong...I must have been talking to the OTHER smick's ladyfriend.  THAT smick has a ladyfriend who he consoles during all her bad relationships while he secretly wishes she'd open her eyes and see he's the one who's been there for her all along.  (Sorry, I have way too active an imagination and apparently have seen too many formulaic romcoms.)

No, this is a case where a dude was seriously crappy to the ladyfriend, which makes me mad at a dude.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5770 on: November 04, 2009, 05:13:05 pm »

Damn deja, that's some powerful curmudgeonry.  I love hanging with the 20-somethings because it gets my mind off work, trying to see the world through their eyes.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5771 on: November 04, 2009, 05:29:09 pm »

Won't have to feign interest in whatever a pack of 20-somethings chitters about these days.
"Dude are we seriously grown ups now? How did that happen?"
"I have no idea. I rent a building and a giant company trusts me with doing things I read about it in a book once."
"Are we supposed to be getting married now?"
"No. I don't even know how to pay taxes, let alone manage a marriage"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5772 on: November 04, 2009, 05:31:00 pm »

...stop worrying that I'm going to die without ever seeing Leonard Cohen (as long as neither one of us dies before Saturday night [knock on particle board]).
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5773 on: November 04, 2009, 05:47:47 pm »

"Dude are we seriously grown ups now? How did that happen?"
"I have no idea. I rent a building and a giant company trusts me with doing things I read about it in a book once."
"Are we supposed to be getting married now?"
"No. I don't even know how to pay taxes, let alone manage a marriage"

I'm not a 20 something, but that's pretty much a good chunk of my internal monologue.

Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5774 on: November 04, 2009, 05:54:03 pm »

Damn deja, that's some powerful curmudgeonry.

The world is a shirt two numbers below my size which I have to wear everyday.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 878   Go Up