Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343975 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5805 on: November 09, 2009, 06:21:59 am »

Just buy one. A cheapish one will cost you two or three times as much as renting plus you get to own a tuxedo, which is one of those fun things to do with your time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5806 on: November 09, 2009, 06:42:02 am »

it is always awesome to wear a tux jacket. with sweat ##### and a scarf.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5807 on: November 09, 2009, 09:13:20 am »

holy fuck, I overdrew my bank account.
Um, I somehow have spent twice as much money in the past month as I spent last month, and that month was more than I had ever spent before due to costs of moving into our place (first groceries, cleaning supplies, furniture, etc). What the fuck. What the fuck.

Like, it is possible that my rent check bounced. Um. Um.

In other, not-serious news, St Louisans: where are some free/cheap exiting places in St Louis? This young lady I am dating previously dated a dude who apparently took her to every cool place in the city. It is turning into like a THING that I must find places she has not been before.
First, let me say that if a new girlfriend openly said to me that it was my responsibility to show her places that her ex never took her to, it would be the last conversation we ever had. I mean, that's usually sort of understood. To hear someone actually say that would just be too much.

But moving right along, how a girl feels about CBGB is usually a pretty good barometer of how worth your time she is. Not that it's the best bar in town, but go on a weekend when bands are playing and you'll at least find out how much she's willing to deal with. Good to know. But if she's at all cool she's probably already been.

Saratoga Lanes bears mentioning. 

Oh, wait - I'll bet you anything she's never been to the Grey Fox. If she can't dig the hell out of the absurdity (and unconditional hospitality) of one of their drag revues, she's probably a dud. I know from personal experience that they love when straight couples are in attendance. They have a lot of fun with it without antagonizing.

As far as cheap and cool goes, that's all that immediately swims to mind. If you can scrape up a few (many) extra dollars, a girl will never forget being taken to the Top of the Riverfront. Mine hasn't, and that was six years ago.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

R2DTrousers

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 53
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5808 on: November 09, 2009, 09:17:15 am »

Today, I'll be firing up the browser every few minutes, to look at this picture.
Logged
Computer science uses electric machines (computers for example). A computer scientist will need math, science, and know-how to make and use computers.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5809 on: November 09, 2009, 09:27:15 am »

oh, she didn't say that, I just have a really unhealthy mental life where I constantly think I am competing with this dude. She always acts very appreciative and at some point it comes out "oh, yeah, I mean, I went here last year with (guy), it's really great definitely."

We cannot go to bars because she is not 21, unfortunately.

She hadn't been to Crown Candy Kitchen, so that was good. Or Antarctica, but I don't know if that was a good thing.
Next week she is taking me to Pappy's, apparently it is a Goddamn Shame that I have never been there before.

This morning she told me something super-charming that she wrote about me in her diary (!?) and I immediately forgot it. I always forget compliments that people give me, it's horrible.

As we speak, I am realizing that the dude in my writing class with the weird mustache and goofy opinions about drug legalization is a DJ at the radio station. Probably could have seen this coming.
(Drug Legalization is not goofy, bringing drug legalization up like once a week is goofy).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 09:43:12 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5810 on: November 09, 2009, 09:46:30 am »

We cannot go to bars because she is not 21, unfortunately.
Whoa. If I'd know that I wouldn't have said anything. I'm definitely not an expert on places where drinkin' ain't happenin'.

A tip: CBGB ain't exactly checkin' IDs at the door. Illegally buy her drinks there and seem dangerous.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5811 on: November 09, 2009, 10:05:04 am »

yes! She would either love that, or get really anxious.

lately my metabolism is reacting weirdly to alcohol, such that the other night I got drunk off of 1 beer on a full stomach. So we'll see about going to bars.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5812 on: November 09, 2009, 01:52:33 pm »

Today, I'll be firing up the browser every few minutes, to look at this picture.


OMG Did you see the baby anteater!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5813 on: November 09, 2009, 02:00:38 pm »

In other, not-serious news, St Louisans: where are some free/cheap exiting places in St Louis?

Have you been to Laumeier Sculpture Park?  It's free and very cool.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5814 on: November 09, 2009, 02:10:00 pm »

Gus's Pretzels is also worth a visit.  And World's Fair Donuts.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5815 on: November 09, 2009, 04:57:57 pm »

Me and the girl have both been to every donut place ever, they are all very good. Our favorite is John Donut in Soulard, because it is open from midnight to noon.

Laumeier sculpture park is indeed awesome.

After like 3 weeks of no internet, suddenly my computer has decided to start connecting to the wireless network. It is funny I guess that yesterday we called to switch internet providers, so now it will turn off again.

This morning, I am thinking about how I used to look at the new Achewood every morning before high school.

WTF, this bro took her to every record store, donut shop, giant ancient mound, thrift store, park, and weirdo art thing in St Louis, but she has not been to the city museum!?
DONE, DECIDED.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:56:09 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5816 on: November 09, 2009, 06:43:35 pm »

Today I'm gonna lay it all on the line, and feel much better as a result.  The outcome was what I expected, and it's good to be open and honest.  I feel happy and at peace. 

Ah, who am I kidding, I feel like shit.  I'm still glad I said something, though.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:09:15 pm by bluemoon72 »
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5817 on: November 09, 2009, 07:07:45 pm »

Today I'm gonna lay it all on the line, and feel much better as a result.  The outcome was what I expected, and it's good to be open and honest.  I feel happy and at peace. 

This morning I helped a friend with a similar situation.  It wasn't a marital problem, but a confrontation nonetheless.  I was just there to provide moral support.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5818 on: November 09, 2009, 07:10:22 pm »

Good work.  :)  The support of friends is key to emotional health.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5819 on: November 09, 2009, 08:10:06 pm »

WTF, this bro took her to every record store, donut shop, giant ancient mound, thrift store, park, and weirdo art thing in St Louis, but she has not been to the city museum!?
DONE, DECIDED.
Oh, hell yeah. Why didn't I think of that? So obvious. So awesome. And they just opened the roof! Go while it's still nice.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 878   Go Up