Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348155 times)

0 Members and 200 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6015 on: November 19, 2009, 06:55:04 am »

having friends over to eat and drink is the best thing in the world. definitely.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6016 on: November 19, 2009, 07:01:14 am »

Both of my roommates have motorcycles. I always wanted a BMW, but HD seems to be the pop
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6017 on: November 19, 2009, 08:01:16 am »

You think? I don't know from harleys but my impression's always been that they are fast in a straight line but just pigs (hogs?) when it comes to handling. For me bikes are about being nimble and weavey so if I had to chose I'd go with the beamer. But that's just one man's opinion. In my rich inner fantasy world I'd own a triumph, or a norton, preferably something from ww2 restored for an obscene amount of money, in real life I drive a shitty little honda but I make extra sound effects while I drive.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6018 on: November 19, 2009, 08:37:32 am »

I just can't fathom wanting to go highway speeds without a large metal cage to protect me from the inevitable mild-to-moderate accidents that come with going those speeds in a system that involves other people who are easily distracted. Sounds absolutely terrifying. I enjoy having a range between "everything's fine" and "life flashing before my eyes".

I enjoy having "oh shit, this dude's going to pretend he hurt his neck" and "well, neither car got scratched so we're just gonna shake hands" between those two options.

You may call it "cowardly" I would call it "enjoying the luxury that is margin for error".

(I am not judging you guys, of course, for enjoying it. Mazeltov. I just want to make this clear parenthetically to avoid needless misunderstanding. I just want to explain how Not For Me the idea of a motorcycle is.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6019 on: November 19, 2009, 02:06:16 pm »

today i'm gonna have a bunch of people over to eat popeye's chicken and drink wines paired with it

coppola pinot noir went great with the spicy chicken

ecco domani pinot grigio was well liked with the regular (aka mild)

some people liked the riesling but i cannot drink it for it is too sweet.

One of these days I'll be able to wrap my mind around the mystery of why Popeye's bothers to make mild and/or white meat chicken. Today is not that day.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6020 on: November 19, 2009, 03:00:09 pm »

smick = eric wareheim ???

Oh man... now I have to give myself to the ocean or something.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6021 on: November 19, 2009, 04:22:37 pm »

Did you see that there is also a picture of you riding further on in the gallery?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6022 on: November 19, 2009, 04:49:32 pm »

[ ] doesn't smoke pot
[ ] smokes a little pot
[X] smokes way too much pot
If only it were that simple.

[It is not.]
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6023 on: November 19, 2009, 06:10:25 pm »

Its a couple pics past the nimrod wearing a confederate flag on his helmet in a bike race in Oregon.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6024 on: November 19, 2009, 06:23:41 pm »

Its a couple pics past the nimrod wearing a confederate flag on his helmet in a bike race in Oregon.

It'd be interesting to count the number of Confederate flags you see in West Virginia.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6025 on: November 19, 2009, 06:42:04 pm »

It'd be interesting to count the number of Confederate flags you see in West Virginia.
Last time I went to Arkansas, literally the first thing I saw was a stand on the side of the road selling KKK t-shirts and flags. I later noticed that the very road on which I was driving had been legally "adopted" by the local chapter.

I have not been back to Arkansas. It's a good thing that there couldn't possibly be any reason to be there, ever.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6026 on: November 19, 2009, 06:45:16 pm »

One of these days I'll be able to wrap my mind around the mystery of why Popeye's bothers to make mild and/or white meat chicken. Today is not that day.

dark meat of fowl is effing gross.....

translation: i do not care to partake of the dark meat of a chicken or turkey, for i find it to be not as tasty as the white meat.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6027 on: November 19, 2009, 06:54:56 pm »

Last time I went to Arkansas, literally the first thing I saw was a stand on the side of the road selling KKK t-shirts and flags. I later noticed that the very road on which I was driving had been legally "adopted" by the local chapter.

I have not been back to Arkansas. It's a good thing that there couldn't possibly be any reason to be there, ever.
There was/is a stretch adopted by the KKK in the state in which ye live.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks_Highway
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6028 on: November 19, 2009, 06:58:18 pm »

dark meat of fowl is effing gross.....

translation: i do not care to partake of the dark meat of a chicken or turkey, for i find it to be not as tasty as the white meat.

sacrilege
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6029 on: November 19, 2009, 08:26:29 pm »

sacrilege

seconded  There is naught for me but dark meat.  White meat is way too dry, except when it's cooked well, and then it's still bland.  Bleah.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 878   Go Up