Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350004 times)

0 Members and 144 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6090 on: November 22, 2009, 08:02:57 pm »

Honestly, as far as getting beat up by a performer at a show goes, I'd take Wesley Willis over either of them anyday.

If you listen close enough, you can almost hear him head-butting an angel up there as we speak.

R.I.P., big guy.

I just shed a tear for Wesley. He was taken from us too soon. Rock over London, rock on Chicago.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6091 on: November 22, 2009, 08:20:23 pm »

Wheaties, breakfast of champions.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6092 on: November 22, 2009, 08:41:21 pm »

My hangover ain't too bad today. I am compulsively filling my e-shopping basket at sephora with tons of shit. It is soothing. We were supposed to have training today, but it got canceled. I may go to the library to check out a book. Some friends of mine recommended a particular book to me last night, but now I can't remember what it was.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6093 on: November 22, 2009, 11:28:02 pm »

watch weird science and coming to america, bail before heathers and labyrinth come on
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6094 on: November 23, 2009, 01:16:04 am »

watch weird science and coming to america, bail before heathers and labyrinth come on

Ah, what do you know from funny?
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6095 on: November 23, 2009, 03:59:48 am »

Ah, what do you know from funny?

those choices alone prove his excellent taste until further notice.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6096 on: November 23, 2009, 06:01:10 am »

eh, it was an eighties-movie-party, and we'd just been to a big backyard-fire-party last night.

plus, we had to finish there will be blood before we forgot what happened before we left off.

and for the record, i'd rather have watched running scared* or heathers or labyrinth than coming to america, but i didn't set the playlist and i don't turn down an invitation to watch weird science.


* 1986, with gregory hines, billy crystal, joey #####, dan hedaya, and jimmy smits. probably the best cop movie of the '80s.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6097 on: November 23, 2009, 06:11:13 am »

I feel like some sort of line of loss-of-self-respect is being crossed, in that I am standing up to my roommate about something via g-chat while he is in the next room.

lately there is a lot of yelling going on.

the other day there was a point where I was chasing him, screaming, around our apartment in my underwear. it would have been kind of awesome if it weren't really weird.
that was about a thing where he was legitimately being an asshole, in a way that everyone would agree on, though.

lately I am remembering that when I date someone, I realize that I have a lot of weird passive-aggressive angsty shit going on up in my head. Goddamn.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 06:43:49 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6098 on: November 23, 2009, 01:43:50 pm »

those choices alone prove his excellent taste until further notice.

Agreed. "Ah, what do you know from funny?" is the last line in Coming to America.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6099 on: November 23, 2009, 03:05:26 pm »

Just taste the soup!

"Weird Science" was one of my favorite movies in high school.  Must have watched it a dozen times.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6100 on: November 23, 2009, 03:06:44 pm »

Agreed. "Ah, what do you know from funny?" is the last line in Coming to America.

i have seen that movie a dozen times, probly, yet i didnt remember that..... [[ponders]]
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6101 on: November 23, 2009, 03:08:31 pm »

I think it's during or after the credits.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6102 on: November 23, 2009, 03:12:53 pm »

I think it's during or after the credits.

[[lightbulb!]]  'course!  duh!  i might just put that on my netflix qway, just for the hell of it, now.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6103 on: November 23, 2009, 04:59:54 pm »

it's eddie murphy in old-jewish-guy form telling a joke about a soup spoon during the credits.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6104 on: November 23, 2009, 06:51:40 pm »

...feel awesome about the in-person interview for the job I'm wanting!   The interview went so well.  I really clicked with the person interviewing me (who would be my direct supervisor).  I love the sound of the job, and left the interview wishing I could just sit down at a desk and start work!!!  I'm very confident I will be invited in for a final interview next week.  *(fingers crossed)*
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 878   Go Up