Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345613 times)

0 Members and 207 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6210 on: December 03, 2009, 08:50:57 pm »

Does it have a red nose?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6211 on: December 03, 2009, 10:32:14 pm »

...try out for an indoor lacrosse team.  I'll be playing against/with former pros and D1 players, as well as local schlubs like myself.  Kinda anxious.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6212 on: December 03, 2009, 10:43:37 pm »

That shit's VIOLENT, jay.

People who do MMA think that lacrosse players are suicidal psychotics.

Good luck and everything but, man, that is about as far away from my scene as possible.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6213 on: December 04, 2009, 01:38:00 am »

Lacrosse is for people who think they're hardcore, but aren't. You'll be fine, Jay.

Now, tai chi, that is another matter entirely...
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6214 on: December 04, 2009, 01:41:17 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6215 on: December 04, 2009, 01:42:19 am »

Lacrosse is for people who think they're hardcore, but aren't. You'll be fine, Jay.

Now, tai chi, that is another matter entirely...

Regular tai chi, or recumbent-style?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6216 on: December 04, 2009, 06:18:19 am »

When I am at a certain level of agitated/tired/upset, I do really weird things, and I know they are weird but at the time it seems really important to do.
Tonight, I slept for two hours on the linoleum floor in the radio station. Right between the jazz LP's and CD's.
I was so tired that it was really re-energizing.

For some reason sleeping on the couch did not seem right. 
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6217 on: December 04, 2009, 06:39:26 am »

I survived.  I'm neither the most talented, nor the least.  Much like my education.  Fun though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6218 on: December 04, 2009, 07:01:30 am »

When I am at a certain level of agitated/tired/upset, I do really weird things, and I know they are weird but at the time it seems really important to do.
Tonight, I slept for two hours on the linoleum floor in the radio station. Right between the jazz LP's and CD's.
I was so tired that it was really re-energizing.

For some reason sleeping on the couch did not seem right. 

It's a sofa in a college radio station. I think it's safe to say that Bad Things have occurred on that couch. I wouldn't sleep on it either.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6219 on: December 04, 2009, 07:44:33 am »

Yes, bad things have happened on that couch. I may have participated in bad things on that couch. Also, I have slept there many times before.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6220 on: December 04, 2009, 03:14:14 pm »

...dodge some of the heaviest snowfall my hometown has seen in my lifetime.  It's gonna stick on the ground and everything.  Naturally, everyone will drive like they're on ball bearings.  Fortunately, I'm making steaks and gnocchi tonight; finishing the night with an Old Fashioned and a good book seems like the best medicine against the cold and chaos.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6221 on: December 04, 2009, 03:22:09 pm »

...guzzle good wine, pass out.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6222 on: December 04, 2009, 03:31:23 pm »

....figure out what to do with myself with no work, band practice/recording/performance, or girlfriend (who's out of town) for a full twenty-four hour period. All of these things seriously have not aligned in probably over three years. Haven't made any plans yet, but I have a feeling that the Wii, masturbation and beer will be prominently featured.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6223 on: December 04, 2009, 03:32:47 pm »

...host a Dirty, Drunken Santa gift exchange at my house, after a last-minute change of venue.

I'm setting up a wet bar in the downstairs bathroom, and my friend is bringing her camera and a backdrop and offering boudoir photos to anyone who wants them. (She's a professional photographer and offers a boudoir package to her bridal clients.) We're also exchanging adult toys in a blind gift exchange, and there will be pink, blue, and green martinis.

It's been a while since we got this group of girls together. It's unlikely that I'll get drunk, but it might happen - I haven't yet made my twice-yearly quota for 2009. So if I stagger back to the board and start drunk-posting tonight, consider yourselves forewarned.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6224 on: December 04, 2009, 03:53:17 pm »

If you do, include pictures.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 878   Go Up