Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346054 times)

0 Members and 162 Guests are viewing this topic.

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6315 on: December 09, 2009, 09:46:01 pm »

So Beavers is good?  I was kinda put off by the name.  I was gonna go there one time, but we arrived too late and they were closed. 

It's right around the corner from this.  Or rather, around the corner from where this used to be.

Now that Beaver's has finally settled on a chef (three went through the place in the first year), they're pretty good.  Overpriced by about 20%, but definitely worth it.  Good desserts and drinks, too.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6316 on: December 09, 2009, 10:52:10 pm »

Looks like I'm going to be taking my Developmental Psychology final. Damn.

It bothers me so much that getting mediocre grades on the homework assignments can screw up my final grade this much. BOO.
I guess I should have learned that this would happen at some point in high school, though.

Today St Louis finally remembered that it is supposed to be winter, and suddenly it is grey and cold as shit and windy and snowing. YEAH.

It is so windy that my house is creaking, and if you sit next to a window you can feel the wind.

I like that now that it is 20 degrees, my roommate freaked out and turned the heat up to 70.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 11:40:44 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6317 on: December 10, 2009, 12:14:28 am »

but who's weedmaster P and who's joanna
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6318 on: December 10, 2009, 04:28:39 am »

Man, yesterday our high was6, today 20 and tomorrow 30.  The main thing about this is that I also realized our windows are basically nothing.  If you sit by them it is so cold.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6319 on: December 10, 2009, 05:56:03 pm »

We had an auction last night to benefit the Purple Pig fund (for crippled children in need mobile at home rehab equipment and staff) and I went ahead and bid on an item because...
I won.

Way to go.  And also thanks for the link; I had not seen that cache of vintage Onstad before!
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6320 on: December 10, 2009, 06:38:57 pm »

Man, yesterday our high was6, today 20 and tomorrow 30.  The main thing about this is that I also realized our windows are basically nothing.  If you sit by them it is so cold.

It was -22F this morning when I walked the dog.  I took him to the spot where he likes to poop and said "Okay, poop now."  And he did, on cue.  It is adorable and a little heart breaking to watch a shivering dog hunched in poo-posture, all looking over at you with a terribly apologetic look.  Then, using the little baggy to clean up, the warmth of the poop through the bag as I pick it up is like a disgusting little hand warmer. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6321 on: December 10, 2009, 08:32:51 pm »

Got the plane and hotels all set now too. This is what's going to toodle us about the islands.

So long as it doesn't write any songs
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6322 on: December 11, 2009, 12:07:56 am »

Take an early morning walk around a few blocks to clear my head because I was drinking heavily and sorting out the world's problems with my friends last night in a hostel in Beijing. I spent like 100 yuan on beer which would upset me more but that's like 17 bucks or so. Sorry I didn't drunk post.

Normally I'd make some sassy reply to all those winter posts about the really bad winter last year where I had to put on a light coat for a couple of days but turns out it gets goddamn cold in china. We missed it snowing though, which was kind of sad.

For the record:
The forbidden city isn't exactly huge when you objectively think about how big the buildings are but it is somehow built to such a scale that it just dwarfs you and makes you feel very small indeed.
The great wall will make your mind explode every time you walk over a new ridge and see more breath-taking scenery, and the postcard sellers get bored with following you after about an hour or two.
Tianamen square really ain't all that, though Mao's body does look suspiciously waxy.

We leave for 'nam tomorrow so today is just going to be chilling and trying to see last minute stuff, including a crazy movie we've been seeing trailers for everywhere.

Final thought: How the hell did this civilisation get so far without realising how essential it is to have coffee shops that open early. Like, before 10.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6323 on: December 11, 2009, 02:28:41 am »

So long as it doesn't write any songs

I entered the contest to name that boat.  After I submitted my entry, my mom informed me it was unintentionally morbid. 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6324 on: December 11, 2009, 05:51:38 pm »

If you tell me your name I will refer to it as such the whole trip.

Loudly and in crowds.

I am that kind of guy.

Depths of the Sea.  Didn't really think of the sinking connotations.  Whoops.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6325 on: December 11, 2009, 06:38:56 pm »

Considering its a floating bacchanal, maybe Depths of Depravity would have worked too.  Ad campaign would have an angle on the "Happens in Vegas / Stays in Vegas" meme.  Maybe, "who could blame you for gluttony when you're in the Depths of Depravity".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6326 on: December 11, 2009, 09:33:14 pm »

oh man, it hurts, doesn't it.

it hurts to see me posting something cute on your ex-girlfriend's facebook wall. Doesn't that suck. Doesn't that suck when someone posts cutesy things on the wall of the girl you still like. The girl whose facebook wall you still post weird, I-want-to-date-you things on.

I'm sure it sucks for you, but it makes you look kind of lame when you make a whiny comment on one of my posts being all, "gag, cute couple alert, this should not be allowed."

...it does make me feel kind of mean, though, because I am uncomfortable with RUBBING YOUR FACE IN IT, DICKWAD.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6327 on: December 12, 2009, 12:04:54 am »

Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6328 on: December 12, 2009, 12:52:36 am »

How did it happen?  Because cabbies always need to talk with their hands and look you in the eye while stating their opinions, that's how.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6329 on: December 12, 2009, 12:58:06 am »

What is really impressive is that if you look on google street view the dude had to drive up 5 stairs and he still had enough momentum to do a whole lot of damage: http://tiA-CAPrl.com/y9fp6uc

Edit: gotta love the filters! working link
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 01:05:08 am by Mr Trout »
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 878   Go Up