Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345660 times)

0 Members and 209 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6330 on: December 12, 2009, 01:13:53 am »

Be kind of disappointed I didn't go into the office today: http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/story/Cab-Hits-Building-Overnight/42_-cPLQuE-5LbNgsNew9w.cspx?rss=702
"The driver hit a car at the intersection of Gay and Pratt Streets and then hit a building around 2:00am.

Everyone is okay."

What we need more of is news that includes this.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6331 on: December 12, 2009, 03:39:42 am »

...no longer be the proud owner of a blackberry curve 8320, but i will be the proud owner of $183.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6332 on: December 12, 2009, 08:15:37 am »

"The driver hit a car at the intersection of Gay and Pratt Streets and then hit a building around 2:00am.

Everyone is okay."

What we need more of is news that includes this.

You had me at "Gay and Pratt."
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6333 on: December 12, 2009, 03:46:06 pm »

...no longer be the proud owner of a blackberry curve 8320, but i will be the proud owner of $183.

pawn shop? craigslist? Sorry to hear that, dude. I hope things turn around for you quick.

I have one hell of a craving for a nice restaurant brekkie. But I'm trying to be frugal, so I doubt I'll do it. For some reason I cannot think of the name of my favorite dish. It is a Mexican type dish of those deep fried peppers stuffed with cheese. I dont even have a hangover and I'm craving the hell outta those.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 03:51:19 pm by linnea »
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6334 on: December 12, 2009, 04:07:45 pm »

Chiles rellenos. One of my favorite foods. Too bad there's no vegan alternative.  :-X

Edit: google says not so. The idea is preposterous, though, since the eggy batter crust and the cheese are so crucial to the dish. I may try it some time.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 04:11:34 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6335 on: December 12, 2009, 08:52:58 pm »

You had me at "Gay and Pratt."
Did he at least buy you dinner first?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6336 on: December 12, 2009, 09:21:42 pm »

Chiles rellenos. One of my favorite foods. Too bad there's no vegan alternative.  :-X

Edit: google says not so. The idea is preposterous, though, since the eggy batter crust and the cheese are so crucial to the dish. I may try it some time.

Yesss thank you JF. I don't know why I couldn't think of the name. They are fabulous. I didn't know you are vegan. I'm sure some intrepid chef somewhere has come up with a recipe. I did a google search for "vegan rellenos" and came up with a whole bunch of hits. Most of the recipes I saw are baked versions and include the use of vegan "cheeses" mixed with tofu for the filling.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6337 on: December 12, 2009, 09:34:06 pm »

pawn shop? craigslist? Sorry to hear that, dude. I hope things turn around for you quick.

amazon.  i wanted a feature phone, as opposed to a smart phone, in the first place, but i decided to try out the bb anyway.  after a few months it was like using a bazooka that costs $50, on top of the cell service, to kill mice.  im not a business-y guy, so i dont need the internet at all times, wherever im at.

i got it used on ebay for $180.  i sold it for $195.  amazon gave me a $5 and change shipping credit and took $17 and change as thier cut.  i made about 3 bucks, actually.

also, ive had a new phone for about 2 months.  i didnt sell it because im destitute.  times are tough, but im still cruising.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6338 on: December 12, 2009, 10:20:09 pm »

You had me at "Gay and Pratt."

Isn't "The Block," aka Baltimore's red light district, on Gay Street?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6339 on: December 12, 2009, 10:42:53 pm »

It is actually on Baltimore street, but it starts at Gay st. and goes to South st. No big deal walking it during the day, but try to avoid it at night. Not for safety reasons, but just because it is annoying being accosted by people trying to get you to go inside every strip club/sex shop along it.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6340 on: December 13, 2009, 12:10:23 am »

I did a google search for "vegan rellenos" and came up with a whole bunch of hits. Most of the recipes I saw are baked versions and include the use of vegan "cheeses" mixed with tofu for the filling.
Yep. This is what I was try to say with my pro-script. I am somewhat skeptical, but the pictures look good. I've been a vegetarian for many years and mostly vegan for a few months.

I have a deep fryer that I bought specifically to make rellenos a few years back.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6341 on: December 13, 2009, 01:14:25 am »

today I woke up late, played pixies songs with some friends for several hours, and oh look now it's 7 PM and I haven't started studying for my final or writing my papers. Damn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6342 on: December 13, 2009, 02:32:19 am »

It is actually on Baltimore street, but it starts at Gay st. and goes to South st. No big deal walking it during the day, but try to avoid it at night. Not for safety reasons, but just because it is annoying being accosted by people trying to get you to go inside every strip club/sex shop along it.

My brother-in-law, who lives in Baltimore, once had an apartment on the corner of Gay & Eager.

Yes. Yes, he did.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6343 on: December 13, 2009, 05:35:38 am »

...laugh my butt off at this picture.  A pug!  In a tinfoil hat!

Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6344 on: December 13, 2009, 06:48:48 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 878   Go Up