Yesterday I'm gonna...come across some Tim Tams, and buy them partly because they were mentioned here.
I noted on the package that they are actually made in Australia, rather than being an American imitation, so since I could be sure it was the real thing it seemed worth a try. They are intriguing. They are not quite like any American cookie. The chocolate tastes different, the way American and European chocolate are consistently differently, but not quite like either. The texture of the cookie is light and crunchy in an excellent way. I usually think that a sandwich cookie dipped in chocolate is repulsive overkill, but apparently there is a way to do this right, even when both the cookie and filling are already chocolate too.
And then suddenly discover that I have an awful cold. How can your throat go from fine to hurting almost instantaneously? I have not had a cold for over a year and a half since I started working full time at home. This is what I get for deciding to get out of the house and work a few hours a week somewhere where human beings are walking in and out all day breathing germs on me.
These points are related because, when you're sick you're allowed to have cookies for breakfast, right?