Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349433 times)

0 Members and 164 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6540 on: January 05, 2010, 01:06:10 am »

i know there are 2 video threads, but i dont care:

what does marsellus wallace look like?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6541 on: January 05, 2010, 01:48:04 am »

what in hell?

40 ounce cozies?  i cant think of a more beneficial invention.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6542 on: January 05, 2010, 03:59:55 am »

what in hell?

40 ounce cozies?  i cant think of a more beneficial invention.

Liking the bandana cozy.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6543 on: January 05, 2010, 04:58:37 am »

I had been gloating all this winter that I haven't gotten sick. I take vitamin D, zinc, and a multivitamin. Famous last words, right? Today I woke up with a scratchy throat and felt tiiiiired. I went to work anyway. After feeling poorly all day I finally just came home around 3pm. I barely had the energy to skim the soup stock that was chilling in the refrigerator and throw together my spicy chicken soup into the dang crock pot. Then I went to bed.

It heated on high for 3-4 hours, and I just got up to check on it, and had a bowl of it because it was all piping hot and looked good. Even though I'm sick and my taste buds are wrecked from these awful Cold-Eez zinc lozenges I've been taking, it was like sweet manna from heaven. When you're sick, homemade soup is the next best thing to getting an IV. The rest of it is chilling in the fridge now.

Here is what I did:
Chopped 1 large yellow onion and 3 cloves of garlic, sauteed them in a pat of butter and some olive oil until they were soft. Then I put the onions/garlic and the following into the crock-pot:
-Homemade chicken stock (cooked meaty chicken carcass + 10 cups of water, brought to a boil in a large stockpot then covered & simmered for 1.5 hours; then strained and refrigerated. Skim fat before using)
-2 cups cooked chopped chicken
-Red enchilada sauce, although canned tomatoes in their own juice would work too
-Chopped jalapenos
-White cannelini beans, because I don't like red kidney beans very much
-Mixture of frozen vegetables - corn, green beans, carrots, peas
-Can of refried beans to thicken and add more protein
-Ground cumin
-I would have added chili powder but I'm out
-Salt & pepper

It tastes great, but I still think something is lacking. I'm not sure what else to add, but then again my taste buds are wrecked from those damn zinc drops so I guess I'm not very reliable. Because the soup has almost no fat in it, it would probably taste better with a garnish of grated cheese and sour cream, which I might pick up at the store tomorrow. I must say that the maiden voyage of the crock pot fared quite well.

PS if you are a cooking retard like me, I have to say that the game "Cooking Mama" for the Wii really helped my knife skills. I find that pretty humorous. Thanks to that game, now I can dice a whole onion so quickly that I don't even have time to tear up.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 05:03:12 am by linnea »
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6544 on: January 05, 2010, 07:13:00 am »

...recipe...

a] get well soon, m'lady.

b] excellent recipe and mad props for TCBing while you are ill.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6545 on: January 06, 2010, 08:03:32 pm »

Today I got stitches in my chest and neck.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6546 on: January 06, 2010, 08:26:30 pm »

Just want to say that I'm okay, so no worrying is allowed. I might talk about it later.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6547 on: January 06, 2010, 08:26:52 pm »

Ash reminds me that I have a quote of the day too. I stole it from a friend of LFM.

"People don't get lucky breaks sitting in front of their tvs in their undies."

It came at a time when I needed exactly this reminder to keep me going.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6549 on: January 06, 2010, 09:00:26 pm »

For some reason cold weather is making it so that my skin feels like it is on fire.

I am tempted to say "it feels like both of my legs are one giant mosquito bite," but that is exaggerating. I am just itching so much that they are bright red. AHHH. Putting on moisturizer is not helping very much.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6550 on: January 06, 2010, 09:06:39 pm »

For some reason cold weather is making it so that my skin feels like it is on fire.

I am tempted to say "it feels like both of my legs are one giant mosquito bite," but that is exaggerating. I am just itching so much that they are bright red. AHHH. Putting on moisturizer is not helping very much.



For serious. It is not ordinary moisturizer. In fact, if the stuff you're putting on has artificial fragrances, you might be making it worse.

Also, take cool showers for a while - hot water will suck the moisture right out of your skin.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6551 on: January 06, 2010, 09:09:01 pm »

my mother also told me to use Aveeno. I will try this. Also, cold showers do help... also hot showers seem to make it itch even more. boo.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6552 on: January 06, 2010, 09:10:17 pm »

For some reason cold weather is making it so that my skin feels like it is on fire.

I am tempted to say "it feels like both of my legs are one giant mosquito bite," but that is exaggerating. I am just itching so much that they are bright red. AHHH. Putting on moisturizer is not helping very much.
Dude they make lotions for this. Live the dream.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6553 on: January 06, 2010, 09:10:48 pm »

Also, cold showers do help...

I thought you had a girlfriend now.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6554 on: January 06, 2010, 10:23:25 pm »

...successfully resist the urge to deck a co-worker after what should have been a brief disagreement turned into a near shouting match in front of all of our adjacent co-workers.  Immediately after, receive multiple congratulatory emails for standing up to the dude.  I mean, I was right.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 878   Go Up