Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342497 times)

0 Members and 185 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6870 on: February 13, 2010, 11:38:46 pm »

happy new year, china!

today i'm gonna go to a secret supper that i just found out is in a high rise with a view of downtown. the dress code is "cosmopolitan" whatever tf that means

It means dress casually and then pour cranberry juice all over yourself.  With a lemon twist.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6871 on: February 14, 2010, 01:25:33 am »

See, I was going to say to dress all in pink and put a giant slice of lime on your left shoulder. But actually dousing yourself in cranberry juice and vodka...that's just genius.

It's definitely lime, though. Cosmo + lemon = nastay.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6872 on: February 14, 2010, 04:42:58 am »

It means to cover yourself in a bunch of sex tips guaranteed to be nearly impossible and make all men feel terribly inadequate.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6873 on: February 14, 2010, 05:07:38 am »

It means to cover yourself in a bunch of sex tips guaranteed to be nearly impossible and make all men feel terribly inadequate.

not all men.  just the inadequate ones, dogg.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6874 on: February 14, 2010, 05:25:59 am »

WHOAA. BURNNNNN.

also, my experience with cosmo sex tips is more... "stick your pinky up his ass."
You know, along the lines of, "5 things he has always wanted but will never tell you."

Why would their model be to make men feel inadequate? it is obviously more lucrative to make women feel inadequate, and convince them that they will only be able to satisfy their men if they read this mag.

funny, though, is that the thing my girlfriend found funny enough to repeat was a thing that I think is pretty universally appreciated. It was kind of awkward when I was all, "no, actually, that would be awesome. I would like that."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6875 on: February 14, 2010, 05:29:25 am »

...yeah, i went with the half-tux. ruffled shirt, tux jacket, pocket square, jeans, no tie. a couple other guys pulled the half-suit, but nobody else thought to add the tuxedo flair.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6876 on: February 14, 2010, 06:06:48 am »

Oh I like that. I'm going to have to use that some time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6877 on: February 14, 2010, 07:23:46 am »

that's why they call me tom haverford
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

elephantsdancerealfunky

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6878 on: February 14, 2010, 09:33:58 am »

just the pinky?  Just one?
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6879 on: February 14, 2010, 05:45:40 pm »

Wish you all a happy Valentine's Day!

Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6880 on: February 14, 2010, 07:06:42 pm »

Pug off.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6881 on: February 14, 2010, 08:03:36 pm »

Wish you all a happy Valentine's Day!



Aw, thanks!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6882 on: February 15, 2010, 12:23:51 am »

i FR'd some people from here on facebook.  if the answer is no, ill just cry extra hard into my pillow tonight as i go to sleep.  other than that, no big deal.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6883 on: February 15, 2010, 05:19:01 am »

Feeling pretty good, even though my job is soul crushing (worked some OT today) and I fuck*ng hate where I live right now. About ready to crack a beer and play some guitar for the first time in years. I lent mine to my uncle because the dude is so good but had to pawn guitars several years ago to make ends meet. Plus his family has really helped me out in the past, like letting me stay with them for free and/or dirt cheap when I was in school. He finally got one of his own so I picked mine up yesterday. Problem is, no amp. I'm looking at smaller ones because my place is fuck*ng small. I remember playing on my friend's pignose in high school, but it seemed pretty limited. I've been reading about Roland Micro Cubes, anybody here know much about those? Any other recommendations for me, keeping in mind I don't want to spend over $200, and it needs to be smallish?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6884 on: February 15, 2010, 07:05:38 am »

I do not know, my amp is definitely too large for the space I live in. I use headphones.

Was I just a dick to my girlfriend on valentine's day? maybe. I guess Valentine's day was not the day to Make A Stand about something.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 878   Go Up