Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346002 times)

0 Members and 168 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6885 on: February 15, 2010, 07:24:41 am »

If you've been up front about considering it a Hallmark Holiday all along, it wouldn't be fair for her to knock you for the stance now.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6886 on: February 15, 2010, 07:27:15 am »

If you've been up front about considering it a Hallmark Holiday all along, it wouldn't be fair for her to knock you for the stance now.

I think it was insisting that Woody Allen sucks is what he is referring to.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6887 on: February 15, 2010, 07:44:15 am »

oh, no, not even that.

Last night I spent the night in the library with her working on papers, she finished way later than me but I waited for her until 4 AM... today I cooked her breakfast, took her out to dinner, gave her tickets to see her favorite band, surprised her by renting a movie I knew she loved, but apparently requesting that we sleep at my place so I wouldn't have to walk home in the snow in the morning was completely selgiraffe and unreasonable.

I mean, to be clear, she made me a very cute present. it was not all one-way. But I feel like "I'm sleeping at my place, with or without you" is unreasonable. Compromise? Come on!

Also, yesterday she told me to "grow a pair" in reference to an interpersonal interaction that has nothing to do with her, and that is one thing guaranteed to really piss me off.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 07:48:20 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6888 on: February 15, 2010, 07:48:07 am »

Maybe she's growing more and more weirded-out by the ways your roommate's homoerotic possessiveness of you manifests toward her?

I could see that being a bummer for her, especially on a romance holiday.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6889 on: February 15, 2010, 07:58:23 am »

oh man, leaving the phone on silent was not a smart move.

making things worse by accidentally ignoring lots of apologetic messages? CHECK.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6890 on: February 15, 2010, 04:35:13 pm »

Was I just a dick to my girlfriend on valentine's day? maybe. I guess Valentine's day was not the day to Make A Stand about something.

its just a day, but i suppose it depends on how life-altering the issue was/is.....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6891 on: February 15, 2010, 10:22:50 pm »

i FR'd some people from here on facebook.  if the answer is no, ill just cry extra hard into my pillow tonight as i go to sleep.  other than that, no big deal.

Damn. I guess I wasn't cool enough to make the cut.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6892 on: February 16, 2010, 01:58:03 am »

I thought I wasn't, either, but I got my request just a couple of hours ago. And I sent a bunch of suggestions, too, in case you missed some folks.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6893 on: February 16, 2010, 02:10:59 am »

I thought I wasn't, either, but I got my request just a couple of hours ago. And I sent a bunch of suggestions, too, in case you missed some folks.

youre the man, ma'am.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6894 on: February 16, 2010, 03:09:34 am »

He added me like 2 months ago.  Y'all are all losers.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6895 on: February 16, 2010, 03:52:15 am »

You're just mad 'cause he's got new friends.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6896 on: February 16, 2010, 04:12:06 am »

keep fighting over me.  is good for my self-esteem.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6897 on: February 16, 2010, 02:27:44 pm »

GKA and I went to the same high school.  How's THAT for small world.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6898 on: February 16, 2010, 02:38:54 pm »

GKA and I went to the same high school.  How's THAT for small world.

i read that just now and i was all, "holy shit!"  my mind is officially blown.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6899 on: February 16, 2010, 04:25:54 pm »

That must be one hell of a good high school to have produced the likes of you two.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 878   Go Up