Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346537 times)

0 Members and 177 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6930 on: February 22, 2010, 03:43:19 am »

I am definitely not observant enough to write film papers.

my girlfriend is trying to explain to me how to "analyze a text" and it is just not a thing I can do. I do not notice important things. When I do notice them, I do not know what they mean.

also, I am apparently a person who wants there to be a Right Answer to things.

If I can interpret this shot in two opposite ways, who am I to pick one and say that's what is going on, just because it fits my argument?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 03:46:21 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6931 on: February 22, 2010, 03:47:41 am »

My brain just cannot parse this. Why would a woman ever say that she hates feminism?

Because she is a card-carrying member of Ladies Against Women.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6932 on: February 22, 2010, 01:43:37 pm »

Last night I heard Dude and Catastrophe performed live.

And some other songs, too. I know not everyone digs MC Frontalot, but for those who do, he played 3 songs from his forthcoming album, and they were good.

CortJstr likes this.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6933 on: February 22, 2010, 02:12:44 pm »

Discover why Wombat hates me.

"The WOMBLES (White Overalls Movement Building Libertarian Effective Struggles) [lolwut?] are a loosely aligned anarchist and anti-capitalist group based in London. They gained prominence in the early 2000s for wearing white overalls with padding and helmets at protests, mimicking the Italian group Tute Bianche."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOMBLES

It is because of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFOVugG5O4Q

EDIT: Doc beat me to it
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6934 on: February 22, 2010, 09:05:58 pm »

My tummy hurts and I don't feel good and I ruined my whole weekend being sick, too. I'm going to run my 11 O'clock meeting and go home and look for some footie pajamas, dammit.

Not happy with adult responsibilities today. I want some chicken soup with the pasta in the shape of stars.

no crackers?

[insert racial-slur-oriented joke about cannibalism here]
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6935 on: February 22, 2010, 09:19:50 pm »

Note to self: Dont watch Primer yesterday tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:25:27 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6936 on: February 23, 2010, 01:32:47 am »

Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6938 on: February 23, 2010, 06:20:50 pm »

get weirdly yelled at by this record promoter because we never download stuff that she sends us digitally.
why would I spend my time downloading CDs and burning them, when we have literally 100s of unreviewed physical albums? Come on lady.

She also implied that she thinks she should talk to the other music director because I am obviously not on top of shit.  because I have not personally listened to the albums she sends us.

What I don't get is that I have been talking to this woman for multiple years, and nothing has changed on my end, so what's her problem?


also:
"there is no reason (whatever) shouldn't be charting right now. There is no reason this isn't in the top 30."
well, the reason is that no one is playing it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 06:36:49 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6939 on: February 24, 2010, 12:44:27 am »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6940 on: February 24, 2010, 05:43:46 pm »

british typography-style street art

next time you want to get the gist of a tl;dr post
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6941 on: February 24, 2010, 08:35:05 pm »

Wow, that's a big boat.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6942 on: February 24, 2010, 09:27:19 pm »

i think we're gonna need a bigger shark
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6943 on: February 25, 2010, 01:07:55 am »

get fuck*ng frustrated as hell at the final lab test for my intro to computer programming class.  im never nerdy enough.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6944 on: February 25, 2010, 04:00:04 am »

get fuck*ng frustrated as hell at the final lab test for my intro to computer programming class.  im never nerdy enough.

I haven't taken a programming class since PASCAL in high school. Our teacher taught the entire class with the express purpose of fuck*ng the curve. We had to so every single assignment recursively. The test had 1 recursive question. Out of 9 possible points the national average was 3. For students from my high school it was 8.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 878   Go Up