Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350349 times)

0 Members and 191 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7020 on: March 12, 2010, 05:13:21 am »

Scouts is a co-ed thing over there? That would have changed things, I think.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7021 on: March 12, 2010, 05:29:57 am »

Scouts is a co-ed thing over there? That would have changed things, I think.

there are certain boy scout offshoots that allow girls to participate.  explorers?  adventurers?  something like that....
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:22:17 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7022 on: March 12, 2010, 06:47:24 am »

Scouting has different iterations in different countries. If memory serves correctly, the UK and much of Europe's programs are co-ed.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7023 on: March 12, 2010, 10:43:25 am »

Today, in the span of about two minutes, I'm going to find out:

  • Conan O'Brien is doing a comedy tour (yay!)
  • He's coming to my town (yay!)
  • The San Diego date is in the middle of my "get the hell out of here" vacation (c'mon)
  • All dates I could conceivably get to are sold out already

oh well
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7024 on: March 12, 2010, 01:55:23 pm »


I went to Scouts once when I was 13 'cause I fancied a girl who went to it. Never went back, disdainful of such things as camping, outdoor cooking, outdoorsmanship etc.


That's the same reason I took up cigarettes when I was fourteen ('cept it was a boy I fancied)...I wish I'd never gone back, but it took me ten years to kick the habit and I still crave a good smoke every now and then.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7025 on: March 12, 2010, 06:22:31 pm »

Scouting has different iterations in different countries. If memory serves correctly, the UK and much of Europe's programs are co-ed.

yeah, that, too.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7026 on: March 12, 2010, 08:21:51 pm »

I was an Eagle Scout as well, somewhat in spite of my not liking Boy Scouts all that much.  I had a lot of good friends in the troop, so I stuck with it more out of hanging out with them rather than anything intrinsic to Scouting.

One place where having daughters instead of sons is a blessing:  my mom always said "When you get older you could be a Boy Scout leader."  What if I don't WANT to?  Now I am exempt.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7027 on: March 12, 2010, 10:30:55 pm »

Bullet: dodged
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7028 on: March 13, 2010, 12:47:55 am »

Speaking of food and waste, you know what the best is? Asparagus pee.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7029 on: March 13, 2010, 01:06:56 am »

Speaking of food and waste, you know what the best is? Asparagus pee.
That effect doesn't take long to make itself known either.  I had a mound of asparagus a week ago or so, and noticed the change with the first pee about 40mins later.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7030 on: March 13, 2010, 01:09:16 am »

Hell yeah, and it doesn't take a lot, either. And for me it's always like "oh yeah! I fuck*ng had some asparagus today!"
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7031 on: March 13, 2010, 03:18:00 am »

Today, in the span of about two minutes, I'm going to find out:

  • Conan O'Brien is doing a comedy tour (yay!)
  • He's coming to my town (yay!)
  • The San Diego date is in the middle of my "get the hell out of here" vacation (c'mon)
  • All dates I could conceivably get to are sold out already

oh well

If they're sold out, check the ticket scalp places.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7032 on: March 13, 2010, 07:12:56 am »

Ski tons of moguls and get raccoon face from windburn. Run 4 blocks in only a swimsuit while it is snowing extremely hard in order to get to an outdoor hottub. Enjoy the benefits California's medical marijuana laws. Sleep like a goddamn baby.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7033 on: March 13, 2010, 07:20:13 am »

Speaking of food and waste, you know what the best is? Asparagus pee.

I always sing a little song that is mainly "asparagus pee, asparagus pee (something I make up that rhymes with pee)"
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7034 on: March 13, 2010, 10:17:56 am »

If they're sold out, check the ticket scalp places.

Scalping organizations are a particular type of evil I do not support, much like used games sold at national retail, textbooks at campus bookstores, and check-cashing services.  They make their living by making things more expensive.

MAN am I in a bad mood.  Six more weeks...
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 878   Go Up