Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349489 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7185 on: April 03, 2010, 04:54:22 pm »

Yesterday I drove 2 hours to hand out with my old friends from summer camp then drove back. It was super fun but exhausting. One person couldn't make it so we made a sign to represent her in the group photos.

Today I'm heading to my first ever tailgate as part of DC United's home opener. $8 for food and drinks. Considering that inside the stadium a hamburger is like $6 this doesn't seem like a bad deal.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7186 on: April 04, 2010, 02:39:13 am »

Today I'm heading to my first ever tailgate as part of DC United's home opener. $8 for food and drinks. Considering that inside the stadium a hamburger is like $6 this doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Screaming Eagles?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7187 on: April 05, 2010, 08:04:34 am »

Today I felt an earthquake that didn't seem like a big deal, except it went on a while.

Apparently it was actually a big deal and it broke Mexicali.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7188 on: April 05, 2010, 02:15:03 pm »

parking ticket justice in melbourne, australia.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7189 on: April 05, 2010, 04:49:20 pm »

Screaming Eagles?

Indeed. It was my first tailgate. I got there fairly early because I was expecting long lines and whatnot. Towards the end there was a beer line but that was in. I actually saw guys get their beer, then immediately get back in line since they'd be finished by the time they got to the front again.

The game itself was more a contest of who could suck slightly less. The 2nd goal was quite pretty, though it was against the wrong side.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7190 on: April 06, 2010, 01:48:57 am »

Greetings from Beautiful Downtown Milwaukee Wisconsin...

... where I am for work for the next couple days.  Seems like a nice city.  Anybody know anything to do here?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7191 on: April 06, 2010, 03:14:07 am »

Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers began visiting here in the late 16th century.

Seriously though if you were there longer I'd hit up my friend who has been there for years and ask, but he takes forever to get back to me. I can give it a shot.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7192 on: April 06, 2010, 03:20:03 am »

hm.

so I have these two assignments due tomorrow. both have not really been explained at all. one is an "outline" of my final report for this research project. I was told "don't include any data, just base it off of our research questions."

which seems like it will be:

A. Who is a member of (organization I'm profiling)
     1. first member
     2. second member
etc.

what can possibly be gained by doing this?

The other is a "first draft" that will not be graded in any way. But I have to turn it in. She also said something like "some of you might turn in outlines, that is OK."

I really do not understand what these assignments are for, or what I am supposed to do.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7193 on: April 06, 2010, 03:29:08 am »

hm.

so I have these two assignments due tomorrow. both have not really been explained at all. one is an "outline" of my final report for this research project. I was told "don't include any data, just base it off of our research questions."

which seems like it will be:

A. Who is a member of (organization I'm profiling)
     1. first member
     2. second member
etc.

what can possibly be gained by doing this?

The other is a "first draft" that will not be graded in any way. But I have to turn it in. She also said something like "some of you might turn in outlines, that is OK."

I really do not understand what these assignments are for, or what I am supposed to do.

They are for making you start on a project so you don't wait 'til the last minute. They are not good at their job.

Or, possibly, they are for betraying the prof's inability to communicate her expectations in a way that will alert you to the problem before it adversely affects your grade. What you are supposed to do: Ask more questions.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7194 on: April 06, 2010, 05:47:18 am »

yeah, one of them is definitely that the professor is trying really hard to be nice and helpful, and it is her first year teaching. She seems to worry a lot about over-loading us or freaking us out. I like her a lot, though, she is great. her class last semester was one of my favorites ever. Also, she thinks I am way clever-er than I am, possibly because of that paper you helped me with, JL.
the assignment is basically "make up a fake chinese person." as I work on it I am realizing more and more that this is a weird assignment. especially because I do not speak chinese, and I can't just make up fake chinese names, because every name means something. I will accidentally name my person [SUCK MY COCK PROFESSOR].

the other guy, I think he is just really bad at his job. he is a bad anthropologist, and a bad teacher. ughh.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:50:40 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7195 on: April 06, 2010, 11:45:52 am »

...laugh my ass loose at this pug's story.

This had better not get around. Pugs do not need another rationalization for getting fat.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7196 on: April 06, 2010, 02:09:39 pm »

Greetings from Beautiful Downtown Milwaukee Wisconsin...

... where I am for work for the next couple days.  Seems like a nice city.  Anybody know anything to do here?

i think bluemoon is not too far away?  she might could probably use a beer or so.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7197 on: April 06, 2010, 02:39:08 pm »

That was either a product placement ad or at least one Canadian journalist is just a little bit nutty about their hockey equipment. Awesome.

if thats all the reaction he got from wolfie, he must not have put much ass into the whack.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7198 on: April 06, 2010, 05:19:48 pm »

AW:  I hear Miller Park is nice.  Not sure if the Brew Crew is at home or on the road right now though.

Cort:  I am a former Screagle, #123 in fact which makes me an old-timer.  But when I a) got married and had kids, and b) the Nats came to town, I kind of gave it up.  One of these days I'm just going to show up at a tailgate and see if any of my old homies are still there, though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7199 on: April 06, 2010, 05:53:20 pm »

The Brewers are playing the Cardinals at Miller on Friday.

This is place has good food:
http://www.thecometcafe.com/

That's all I got.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 878   Go Up