Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347363 times)

0 Members and 180 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7200 on: April 06, 2010, 06:31:43 pm »

I had a currywurst for lunch.  Mit pommes und brot!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7201 on: April 06, 2010, 06:41:00 pm »

Dude, you got your "Northern cold places full of fat midwesterners with cheese curd for blood that start with the letter M" cities confused.

yes.  my brain let one rip.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7203 on: April 06, 2010, 07:38:53 pm »

FUCK YOU, allergies. FUCK YOU.

I am walking around crying/sneezing all day. No good.

Let's see what you've got, walgreens off-brand claritin.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7204 on: April 06, 2010, 08:29:49 pm »

Re ALLERGIES: Sympathy. This time of year can really seize a guy up. When my hoss threw a shoe last week I had to hike him out of a canyon for about 1/2 a mile and all the blooming greenery was taller than me. I came out with the top of my hat dusted yellow from blowing pollen and a good case of the sneezy-wheezy-snots from it.

http://www.carycitizen.com/2010/04/05/under-a-yellow-haze/

You wanna talk allergies? I'm talking about yellow pollen spread so thick over the entire city that when we go out onto our back deck, we leave FOOTPRINTS in the stuff.

It's like chalk dust, and it's EVERYWHERE. It happens every year, but this season seems much worse than usual. I can't turn off the A/C and open the windows, I can't hang my laundry on the line, I can't even let my kids play in the backyard because the pollen is so thick on the ground, trampoline, swingset, and deck that they get covered in it and bring it inside for me to breathe.

Horrifying. As soon as it's over I'm going to powerwash everything in sight.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7205 on: April 06, 2010, 08:41:38 pm »

Yeah, I was trying to describe that to my friends, and they didn't believe me. it is seriously like everything has been painted yellow.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7206 on: April 06, 2010, 09:34:23 pm »

I have read that a big part of the allergy problem is that cities only plant "male" trees. Female trees drop crap that clog sewer grates, etc., but they suck up a lot of the pollen from the male trees or some such.

Actually, I think that we may have Talked about this before.

http://www.gardenguides.com/617-learning-love-litter-politics-pollen.html
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7207 on: April 06, 2010, 10:48:59 pm »

pollen count in atlanta today: 2976. anything over 120 is considered "very high"

our maroon car is currently orange
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7208 on: April 07, 2010, 02:16:11 am »

pollen count in atlanta today: 2976. anything over 120 is considered "very high"

our maroon car is currently orange

3099, bitches.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7209 on: April 07, 2010, 04:00:35 am »

it'll hit 6k next week. the dogwoods were only in bloom for like 4 days, but the wisteria just started and the oak have yet to pollinate. the giant magnolia in my backyard might fuck the curve when it flowers.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7210 on: April 07, 2010, 04:05:23 am »

Aaaaahhhhhh!

That's the sound of me breathing deeply because I am not bothered by allergies.

Sorry to all of you folks that are.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7211 on: April 07, 2010, 04:19:25 am »

Same here.

Sorry dudes.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7212 on: April 07, 2010, 04:24:31 am »

I never was until I moved to Charlotte. I remember when I lived in Illinois the kid in my elementary school class who had Allergies, and we all knew, because it was so weird.

but yeah, my eyes are all dry and stuff. I tried to find my pollen count online, but I could only find that it is "9.6" which is between "high" and "very high" on their little graph. So I guess you guys have it a lot worse off. ew.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7213 on: April 08, 2010, 05:04:26 pm »

Nothing like animal husbandry to draw a crowd on the top rail, hosss fuck*ng, catch the fever.

mike rowe husbanded some pigs the science-way on 'dirty jobs'.



also, why is it such a bitch to find an audio driver for my computer?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:11:09 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7214 on: April 08, 2010, 05:27:33 pm »


BTW...his first run at her he couldn't get his johnson in the bogey hole and I sure as hell wasn't lending a 'guiding hand'


We got folks who make a living doing that around these parts.  Of course, we also have folks who'll pay seven figures for hoss jizzum, so there you go...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 878   Go Up