Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347654 times)

0 Members and 168 Guests are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7215 on: April 08, 2010, 06:22:57 pm »

You know how they get stallion or bull semen for artificial insemination, don't you?
With the help of a farm hand, of course.

Har har.  I have been reading "My Friend Flicka" with my oldest, but then I realized the next two chapters are about a gelding.  Like, the actual act of gelding a hoss.  I'm not sure I want to have to explain that one to her.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7216 on: April 08, 2010, 08:07:14 pm »

mike rowe husbanded some pigs the science-way on 'dirty jobs'.

Wasn't it an episode about hoss breeding where they pixillated the stallion's c*ck? Didn't think Discovery viewers could take it, apparently.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7217 on: April 08, 2010, 08:47:14 pm »

Wasn't it an episode about hoss breeding where they pixillated the stallion's c*ck? Didn't think Discovery viewers could take it, apparently.


This is the same channel that put a cartoon fig leaf over some clear tubing coming out of a clear plastic dummy when it "peed" on the third rail.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7218 on: April 09, 2010, 03:20:40 am »

hm. Came within $1.34 of overdrawing my bank account. Made a spreadsheet of all of my expenses over the last month, and I do not understand what is going on. Didn't spend as much on eating out as I would have guessed, grocery bills were normal, I didn't buy myself anything. The only thing that stands out is a series of checks. I do not remember writing checks for even numbers (50$, 30$), normally the only checks I write are for electric bill, cable bill, etc, and are weird numbers because I split the bill with other people. Also, one check for over 100$, I cannot think of what the heck that was for. I will think about this. Maybe my roommate paid for groceries and I wrote him a check? Seems possible.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7219 on: April 09, 2010, 04:11:41 am »

Can you look at pictures of the checks on your banks website? I had an ex steal a checkbook of mine and she proceeded to write herself many checks out of it (not saying this is what happened, but checks are ridiculously easy to forge).
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7220 on: April 09, 2010, 05:26:49 am »

yeah, as I thought, I am just forgetful. What utility costs a lot? Gas for heating a badly insulated house.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7221 on: April 09, 2010, 01:38:49 pm »

Also, one check for over 100$, I cannot think of what the heck that was for. I will think about this. Maybe my roommate paid for groceries and I wrote him a check? Seems possible.

If your roommate bought groceries and *your half* was over $100, you need to lay off the filet and lobster, dude.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7222 on: April 09, 2010, 02:19:23 pm »

If your roommate bought groceries and *your half* was over $100, you need to lay off the filet and lobster, dude.

Maybe they were street groceries?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7223 on: April 09, 2010, 02:49:49 pm »

Oh, I see.

"Groceries."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7224 on: April 10, 2010, 02:07:32 am »

Note to self: When riding a bicycle while intoxicated, do not attempt to hop up on any curbs. It is a bad idea. Always.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7225 on: April 10, 2010, 02:52:41 am »

Riding a bike drunk is hard.

So is drinking while riding a bike drunk.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7226 on: April 10, 2010, 03:19:01 am »

Oh, I see.

"Groceries."

Still never forget this conversation in Boulder:  I am walking in downtown when I see a friend.  He is all yo, what are you doing.  I respond I am going to buy a chillum (type of straight pipe for herb for the cubes here) and then some groceries.  He responds that he has some groceries in the car, he can cover me.  I was really confused and all like, you know, what are you talking about?  You just have groceries I can get in your car?  Hummus and bagels?  Yeah, thats mainly the story, then we laughed when we realized what happened.

Oh, miscommunication, is there anything you can't do?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7227 on: April 10, 2010, 03:34:48 am »

We used to call it "research" back when I wasn't old.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7228 on: April 10, 2010, 03:38:08 am »

If your roommate bought groceries and *your half* was over $100, you need to lay off the filet and lobster, dude.

Fuck, I ain't even gonna tell you what groceries cost for me. I have been eating mega-frugally. I don't cook much, I have toast and yogurt and stuff like that. All right, I'll tell you. I tallied all my grocery purchases over the past 9 weeks, and I spent $1,658. on. groceries. alone. That averages to seven fuck*ng hundo a month.

Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7229 on: April 10, 2010, 05:30:05 am »

Get back from vacay.  Good to be home.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 878   Go Up