Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349558 times)

0 Members and 157 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7230 on: April 10, 2010, 06:40:32 pm »

I saw physics happen today. Ill explain more later, but it involves a silent baby.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7231 on: April 10, 2010, 11:36:48 pm »

... get preached at by my uncle for close to an hour.  hes a rad dude and im not opposed to learning about Jesus from his point of view.  so despite my disagreeing with him, im all listening sincerely because hes not trying to convert me to low self esteem church, he just likes talking/teaching about Jesus a whole lot.

other than that, it was awesome to catch up with him, aunt, and cousins.  it was a beautiful day for a cook out and outdoors-y family togetherness.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7232 on: April 11, 2010, 12:11:42 am »

I saw physics happen today. Ill explain more later, but it involves a silent baby.

I'm terrified it's something like that MASH episode with the woman who smothers her baby to keep it quiet.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7233 on: April 11, 2010, 05:24:44 am »

"A guy crying about a chicken and a baby? I thought this was a comedy show." - Alan Alda on 30 Rock
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7234 on: April 11, 2010, 04:40:38 pm »

"A guy crying about a chicken and a baby? I thought this was a comedy show." - Alan Alda on 30 Rock

I laughed till it hurt when he busted that out.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7235 on: April 11, 2010, 08:55:26 pm »

yeah, our groceries have been a lot more expensive this year. I do not understand why. They were more per-trip last year, because we didn't have a car and would have to stock up on stuff. This year it adds up to a lot more per-month and I do not really understand why. We buy beer now, but not enough to make as large a difference as there is. maybe my roommate cooks fancier things now?

apparently what I thought was allergies is actually allergies combined with the worst cold I have ever had. It is like the commercials where their head is blown up like a balloon, etc.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:39:48 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7236 on: April 12, 2010, 01:01:17 am »

Today (well actually yesterday but whatever), I will go out on a limb and have the fucker fall out from under me.
Ah well, I'd still do it again.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7237 on: April 13, 2010, 03:19:10 am »

The other day my roommate informed me that a lot of people consider me "kind of rude" because I do not say hello to them when we pass in the halls. I do not understand how this is possibly the case.

this is like how some girls have told me they thought I was "intimidating" when they first met me. I am a small dude, who is very clearly nervous at almost all times. What gives? I think sometimes "I'm not talking to you because you make me anxious" is interpreted as "I'm too cool to talk to you."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7238 on: April 13, 2010, 03:55:26 am »

Today I'm going to do my taxes!

Probably.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7239 on: April 13, 2010, 12:37:26 pm »

I think sometimes "I'm not talking to you because you make me anxious" is interpreted as "I'm too cool to talk to you."

This is correct. If you are shy but not at the same time generally inept in all areas of life, from the point of view of the people you are not being friendly to, you come off as a snob. Speaking from experience, things will probably go better for you if it doesn't take you several decades to learn this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7240 on: April 13, 2010, 01:59:56 pm »

Today I'm going to freak out about my computer. It took me 4 tries to turn it on this morning. Each time the power light comes on but the first time the monitor said no signal. The 2nd time I just got a blank screen, the 3rd I got a message saying there was a problem with Windows/System32 then finally the 4th time it booted normally.

Last week I turned it on before I hopped in the shower and when I came out it was doing the "no signal" thing so I hit the reset button and everything was fine after that.

I don't even know where the problem is. Ack.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7241 on: April 13, 2010, 02:13:02 pm »

Damn, those are bad signs. At first I was going to say your video card might be going, but the Windows/System 32 error is odd. Was that error after the POST screen, while Windows was loading? It could possibly be two unrelated problems (video card slowly dying and also corrupted system files).
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7242 on: April 13, 2010, 02:29:14 pm »

Damn, those are bad signs. At first I was going to say your video card might be going, but the Windows/System 32 error is odd. Was that error after the POST screen, while Windows was loading? It could possibly be two unrelated problems (video card slowly dying and also corrupted system files).

I'm thinking video card. Because on the 2nd boot when I got a totally black screen I hit the reset switch about 40 seconds after the boot which would have been in the middle of XP loading. Then I got the System32 message asking for the Windows disk. Then I hit reset again and got a normal BIOS screen and it booted fine.

I forgot to mention that on Sunday I turned my monitor off, went out and about, came home, turned the monitor on and saw just a black screen (which is also my screen-saver). I tried hitting space and wiggling the penis but nothing. So I hit the reset button and everything was fine.

The system is 5 years old and I've had video cards die on me after 2-3 years before. And of course I'm not looking to spend any money right now.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7243 on: April 13, 2010, 02:42:27 pm »

Have you backed up your data?  You should back up your data, nowish.  Yeah, if it's a video card that won't affect your data, but... back up your data.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7244 on: April 13, 2010, 02:49:56 pm »

^^THIS

Two types of people in the world. Those who have lost critical data due to hardware failure, and those who will.

If I still had my box of old hardware lying around I'd totally send you a video card but my SO at the time made me donate it all when I moved last year.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 878   Go Up