Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346251 times)

0 Members and 177 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7245 on: April 13, 2010, 02:52:37 pm »

Have you backed up your data?  You should back up your data, nowish.  Yeah, if it's a video card that won't affect your data, but... back up your data.

I have an external HD I with which I use EMC Retrospect but I haven't run it in a few months. But I also have Backblaze so I'm covered. Potentially the best $50/year I ever spent.

Other people: does this sound video-cardy to you?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7246 on: April 13, 2010, 05:01:15 pm »

Quote
This is correct. If you are shy but not at the same time generally inept in all areas of life, from the point of view of the people you are not being friendly to, you come off as a snob. Speaking from experience, things will probably go better for you if it doesn't take you several decades to learn this.

I think another factor is that I am very easily distracted, and I don't notice people.

yeah, I will try to say hi to people more.

Now my horrible cold/allergies have just turned into this painful, shallow cough. so unpleasant.

I was 20 minutes late to class because I had a dream that my flight got delayed. Woke up right when class was starting and realized, hey, I don't take a plane to get to class.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7247 on: April 14, 2010, 03:17:54 pm »

Today I went to my son's IEP meeting and met the principal of his school. He is not Australian, as my spouse had thought (based on his prerecorded robo-dial call a few weeks ago, which I did not hear). His accent is most definitely New Zealand. I wanted to say something and feel cool for knowing the difference despite being an American, but then I realized that

(A) I'm 99% sure, but I didn't want to risk that 1% and look like an idiot (pronounced: eedeeott), and

(B) everything I know about New Zealand comes from Flight of the Conchords, which I'm pretty sure is not actually any better than only knowing anything about it because of Lord of the Rings.

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7248 on: April 14, 2010, 03:19:46 pm »

(B) everything I know about New Zealand comes from Flight of the Conchords, which I'm pretty sure is not actually any better than only knowing anything about it because of Lord of the Rings.

I saw Beautiful Creatures.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7249 on: April 14, 2010, 05:00:18 pm »

watch the fastest indian, wherein anthony hopkins plays a kiwi who's nigh on incomprehensible
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7250 on: April 14, 2010, 10:04:01 pm »

man, this guy who is very nice is making really weird comments on my facebook wall (in response to a post about the peace corps and whether it is condescending) that are like... this is why a little bit of exposure to anthropology is a bad thing.
talking about how third-world countries would be better off if they reverted to a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, etc. lots of broad generalizations about "African tribes" and such. ewwww.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7251 on: April 15, 2010, 04:05:47 am »

Re: NZ.
Watch 'Once were Warriors' then get back to me.
Prepare for emotional scarring though.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7252 on: April 15, 2010, 07:34:01 am »

someone just emailed me to let me know that DJs are starting to say "You're listening to KWUR, 90.3 FM Clayton Missouri: The Underground Sound, the Sound of the Mound," which is a thing that I say.
1. they think this is funny and cool
2. I have misled them into thinking that is the KWUR slogan.

I know at least one person who thought it was our slogan. SUCCESS.

today was my last general body meeting ever. I had to make an announcement with my co-music director (who is also my girlfriend) and everyone laughed because we both stood up, yelled "HI!" and put our hands on our hips. And then both said "what? what?" when everyone laughed. Just have to make sure we don't like, wear coordinated outfits, I guess.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7253 on: April 16, 2010, 07:23:45 am »

I'm about to sleep in more luxury than anticipated.  The wife and I have jetted south to San Diego, where a rental convertible Mustang whisked us to the Mission Bay Hyatt.  These are very nice accomodations.  Also, the grandfolks have the kiddies so we're playing grown up for 6 days.  Whee!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7254 on: April 16, 2010, 02:14:33 pm »

...see Conan live.

So all of you can suck it.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7255 on: April 16, 2010, 09:13:32 pm »

...see Conan live.

So all of you can suck it.

those 2 events are not interdependent.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7256 on: April 16, 2010, 10:39:20 pm »

be hung over.
and still have to go into work at some point.
Also hope I didn't say anything crass that I can't remember to that girl last night.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7257 on: April 16, 2010, 11:47:33 pm »

Or that it was exactly the right crass thing to say.

I think I have a date tonight?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7258 on: April 18, 2010, 04:49:31 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7259 on: April 19, 2010, 11:27:33 pm »

Farts are always funny.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 878   Go Up