Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343605 times)

0 Members and 195 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7365 on: May 06, 2010, 08:46:56 pm »

Shhhhhh, now that you talked about it it's gonna develop a case of the leaky shakes that will defy evaluation.

Just kidding, man. Congrats.

So on Tuesday my final payment actually went through and on Wednesday it wouldn't start. No joke. The battery had died on me. Of course seeing as it was 5 years old I suppose I can't really complain.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7366 on: May 06, 2010, 11:43:26 pm »

Ash is pissed because he can't hand crank start his car anymore.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7367 on: May 07, 2010, 12:10:56 am »

So on Tuesday my final payment actually went through and on Wednesday it wouldn't start. No joke. The battery had died on me.

Seriously, this is the sort of thing that makes it hard to maintain one's grip on a purely scientific view of reality.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7368 on: May 07, 2010, 01:23:29 am »

Man, that gives me a case of the 'BACK IN THE DAY'. The new maintenance free batteries don't give you any warning, one cell melts out and the whole things goes. Used to be you got some low amperage/hard start warning time before a battery left you stranded.

Don't even get me started on the whole 'no more bias ply tires' thing.

Geez, when did they stop selling bias plies?  About 1981? 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7369 on: May 07, 2010, 08:01:02 am »

computers should come with a .com button.  it is on iphones and is the tits.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7370 on: May 07, 2010, 12:17:02 pm »


ALSO: Spring is here and the pool has held up to 75d by its ownself without me having to burn any gas. I'm on like my 8th day in a row of coming home from work and straight up swimming for half an hour before dinner. I love the pool, I can work the everloving piss outta myself and not break a sweat.

Just started working on ours this week.  Set up the filter on Tuesday, started pouring shock in yesterday.  I expect it'll be at least a week before the water is un-green enough to be swimmable.  And 75 is too dang cold for me.  Call me when it hits 80.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7371 on: May 07, 2010, 12:42:55 pm »

computers should come with a .com button.  it is on iphones and is the tits.

In both IE and Firefox if hit ctrl+enter while in the address bar it will automagically add www. to the beginning and .com to the end of whatever you've typed.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7372 on: May 07, 2010, 01:54:50 pm »

In both IE and Firefox if hit ctrl+enter while in the address bar it will automagically add www. to the beginning and .com to the end of whatever you've typed.

thank you for the tip.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7373 on: May 07, 2010, 03:14:06 pm »

In both IE and Firefox if hit ctrl+enter while in the address bar it will automagically add www. to the beginning and .com to the end of whatever you've typed.

firefox also supports these: 
shift+enter = www. ... .net
ctrl+shift+enter = www. ... .org

chrome does not, which is surprising. no clue about IE or safari.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7374 on: May 07, 2010, 04:37:37 pm »

Geezums, whatta you making in that thing, eggman soup?

Just trying to keep the eggs warm and, uh, descended.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7375 on: May 09, 2010, 04:09:56 am »

for the second time in a few months my car battery is dead. I am really compulsive every time I park my car to make sure the lights are off, including like, going back 10 minutes later to check to make sure they're off. But then my compulsiveness gets reinforced because if I don't do that kind of stuff, my battery dies because I somehow leave the lights on.

finally got the transcript of this interview I did 2 weeks ago, and guess what? out of a 1:15 interview, I only got 15 minutes worth of transcript. and it's 15 minutes where we were talking about other stuff to warm up, not really relevant to the project. So now I'm spending my saturday night listening to 2-second chunks of interview and typing it out. The good thing is, this guy is really interesting, and is good to listen to. he's doing this awesome project where he got a grant, and is using the money to:
1. fix up old donated computers, and sell them at low low subsidized prices to people in the (pretty crappy, immigrant) neighborhood
2. set up a neighborhood-wide wifi network
3. get a couple of cable internet hookups
4. make a system whereby people in the neighborhood can pay 10$ a month for internet service, and there is a fancy-##### system that will allocate all the traffic to the right places, regulate usage, let people pay by scanning their little membership card at local stores (since a lot of them don't have credit cards or bank accounts), etc.

bringing internet and computers to people who have not had access before, in a way that will be able to financially sustain itself and all that jazz... RAD.

sometimes I wish I had spent more of college learning like, concrete skills that would let me help people with things like this, instead of... skills that let me say "hey, someone should help these people."
although of course the distinction is never that simple. Also, my life of learning is JUST BEGINNING.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7376 on: May 09, 2010, 04:38:49 am »

If such wishes were hosss, no dog would go hungry.

I'm just as bad, of course.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7377 on: May 09, 2010, 12:51:21 pm »


sometimes I wish I had spent more of college learning like, concrete skills that would let me help people with things like this, instead of... skills that let me say "hey, someone should help these people."


Don't worry, your education makes learning those skills pretty straightforward.

Also, this is pretty sappy and Dad-like, but I can't believe you're graduating already.  Congratulations!  Great jorb!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7378 on: May 09, 2010, 01:33:32 pm »

.... do an 8km fun run for a breast cancer charity thing and start on proper revision for my mid year exam.

Tomorrow I'm gonna limp about in pain if the twinges in my calves are any indication.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7379 on: May 09, 2010, 07:43:21 pm »

Quote
Also, this is pretty sappy and Dad-like, but I can't believe you're graduating already.  Congratulations!  Great jorb!

Thanks! I can't believe it either.

I just realized that the only thing I actually need to complete to graduate is this 20 page paper I've been putting off. The other stuff means I'll pass my other classes, but they're just fluff.

...actually, now that I think about it, all of these classes are fluff, because I took a different class that could also fulfill this requirement.

Too bad I'd like to be able to put "research assistant" and "forthcoming publication" on my resume.

Happy mothers day to JL and any crypto-mothers of TOUAMB.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 878   Go Up