Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347627 times)

0 Members and 174 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7545 on: June 03, 2010, 08:27:55 pm »

That looks like pretty miserable terrain for cows.  They got a feeding station or something?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7546 on: June 03, 2010, 09:49:07 pm »

...realize that tedstriker's avatar looks like i feel. it's fuck*ng hot today.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7547 on: June 03, 2010, 10:35:41 pm »

People always seem surprised about it, but when you get away from the fake-grass-through-irrigation-suburbia parts, it's pretty much a freaking desert out here.

Yeah. I absolutely know that, but still whenever I see those places (or pictures of them) I am surprised anew and wonder what possessed people to settle in Southern California in the first place. I can only assume that it's because they found they'd run out of west and were too tired to turn back.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7548 on: June 03, 2010, 11:05:47 pm »

Wombles, you are almost painfully clever.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7549 on: June 03, 2010, 11:20:54 pm »

Wombles, you are almost painfully clever.

We are about to find out exactly how much that is worth in cold hard cash - I just got an email that my agent has "an offer to discuss."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7550 on: June 04, 2010, 03:13:16 am »

...unsettle a bunch of co-workers.

I was tromping down the stairs in a big crowd and this gal gave me the standard "Howyadoin'" and for some reason this came out:

"Aww, you know. We're all just cattle stomping down the chute to the slaughterhouse, waiting to meet the guy with the hammer."

Things got kinda quiet and a lot of heads whipped about, the gal who asked the question did the old slow-down and kinda dropped away.

I guess that was a little too far.

Weird, it just popped out, too. I guess walking around in a hurt for a couple of days has me a big case of the morbids.

I think you need new coworkers. Gallows humor is always welcome in my circles.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7551 on: June 04, 2010, 04:38:52 am »

I think you need new coworkers. Gallows humor is always welcome in my circles.

of course it is, youre a killing machine.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7552 on: June 04, 2010, 04:52:33 pm »

I just learned that Canada apparently has neither drive-through bank tellers or pharmacies. Is this just an American thing?

(To clarify they have drive-up ATMs there, just not the windows with a real person)
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7553 on: June 04, 2010, 09:50:29 pm »

pharmacies.
Maybe they call them "chemists"?

I'm pretty sure when I was in Vancouver on vacation I went to a pharmacy (or similar) for some headache medicine.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7554 on: June 04, 2010, 10:45:23 pm »

I seriously do not know what level of job I should be applying for. When I see something that looks "entry level" it always says you need a high school diploma. What the heck kind of job can I do? I am bookmarking a long list of pages from STL classified ads, craigslist, etc. and will send out resumes tomorrow. For some reason I find all of these sites really disorienting (except craigslist). I spent a very long time on monster.com just trying to figure out how to do basic things.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7555 on: June 04, 2010, 11:11:16 pm »

Maybe they call them "chemists"?

I'm pretty sure when I was in Vancouver on vacation I went to a pharmacy (or similar) for some headache medicine.

Yes, but was it drive-through?
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7556 on: June 04, 2010, 11:25:47 pm »

I have seen, but never used, drive-through pharmacies. For some reason the idea kind of creeps me out. Nothing in particular I can really put my finger on, though. I also hate using drive-through tellers.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7557 on: June 04, 2010, 11:37:06 pm »

Yes, but was it drive-through?
When the Revolution comes, it'll be patrons of drive-thru pharmacies first against the wall.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7558 on: June 04, 2010, 11:38:27 pm »

Pfft. Any excuse not to leave the car and interact with people serving you like they're not a machine



Bite






Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7559 on: June 05, 2010, 03:54:30 am »

I don't like drive-up tellers, but dang are they a lifesaver when I've got both kids in the car and I have Got. To. Get. This. [Prescription/Check desposited].
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 878   Go Up