Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347550 times)

0 Members and 175 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7560 on: June 05, 2010, 11:31:21 am »

What's wrong with drive up _______?  I think they are awesome.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7561 on: June 05, 2010, 12:19:25 pm »

I have a knee jerk dislike for the idea but maybe that's just because we don't have them here.
It can't just be the way it reduces social interaction because I don't mind internet banking and similar.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7562 on: June 05, 2010, 01:21:16 pm »

What's wrong with drive up _______?  I think they are awesome.

Pfft. Any excuse not to leave the car and interact with people serving you like they're not a machine
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7563 on: June 05, 2010, 05:34:31 pm »

What's wrong with drive up _______?  I think they are awesome.

Pfft. Any excuse not to leave the car and interact with people serving you like they're not a machine

If I could interact with someone that had a real stake in the transaction it might be worth it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7564 on: June 05, 2010, 10:13:58 pm »

Here's what is hateful about the mentality behind that sort of thing. I am currently in a hotel in the middle of nowhere, basically between two highways, there is no way to get anywhere from here without getting in the car. We only have one car between the two of us so it's impossible for us to do two different things. If he goes out without me, I can't get food, or walk the dogs anywhere except around the parking lot. Why would anyone construct such a nightmare? It's because Americans think that you go EVERYWHERE without getting out of the car.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7565 on: June 05, 2010, 10:17:24 pm »

Oh man.

Hotels in the middle of nowhere.

High fives!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7566 on: June 05, 2010, 10:36:42 pm »

...let my five-year-old talk me in to getting him his first two-wheeled bike in exchange for not screaming throughout his haircut.

Autism is as autism does, but I think I might have gotten played a little bit here. (Not that I'm not secretly thrilled to have an excuse to buy him a bike. "You told him he could have a present after his haircut, honey, and this is what he chose.")

Papa Bear is, of course, pretending to disapprove of the expenditure, but we'll see how fast that dissipates the first time they go for a Papa/Boychild bike ride together.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7567 on: June 06, 2010, 01:35:24 am »

Hope you don't have to get him one after every haircut, that could add up quickly.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7568 on: June 06, 2010, 02:20:27 am »

Here's what is hateful about the mentality behind that sort of thing. I am currently in a hotel in the middle of nowhere, basically between two highways, there is no way to get anywhere from here without getting in the car. We only have one car between the two of us so it's impossible for us to do two different things. If he goes out without me, I can't get food, or walk the dogs anywhere except around the parking lot. Why would anyone construct such a nightmare? It's because Americans think that you go EVERYWHERE without getting out of the car.

Why would you stay at a hotel situated between two highways if you wanted to walk to your destinations?  I'm sure there was another option for you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7569 on: June 06, 2010, 02:31:06 am »

The problem is that I forgot an important principle which is never to let the Tech Staff pick the hotel.

But really - it doesn't make sense to you that walking should always be an option? I don't understand why any building is built in a place where the only choice is to drive. I mean, everyone has feet, they never run out of gas or break down - it is the default method of locomotion. Why would you not want that as at least one of your choices in all cases?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7570 on: June 06, 2010, 02:32:07 am »

omba, with that kind of attitude, you do not belong in flyover country. plan and simple.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7571 on: June 06, 2010, 02:45:32 am »

But I am in Massachusetts!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7572 on: June 06, 2010, 04:41:35 am »

...bake instead of study.
And then study.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7573 on: June 06, 2010, 04:58:02 am »

Wait, so in Australia, yer summer break would be in like December right?  What excuse do they use to divide the semesters?  Easter?

That Kinks song about sunny christmas day is stuck in my head at least once a month.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7574 on: June 06, 2010, 05:13:58 am »

Yeah, mid semester break around easter in the first half of the year, and around august in second, for no particular reason.

Christmas is typically one of the hottest days of the year, it gets stinking some years.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 878   Go Up