Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346709 times)

0 Members and 172 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7575 on: June 06, 2010, 05:33:38 am »

Here, we get a few months off between late may and late august.  Then, we have two semesters, one from August to early december and one from late january to late may, with about a week off for thanksgiving (mid late november) and a week off for spring break (sometime in march).  Are you talking about the thanksgiving/spring break holidays(easter/ spring break for you)?  Do you have like a month off between semesters?  When is that?

No drug addiction.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7576 on: June 06, 2010, 05:45:23 am »

Yeah, specifically our christmas break is generally from late november to beginning of march, then there's a week or two break at easter, a longer break between semesters around june and another week break around august. That's the general thing anyway, it varies a little in some courses (for instance last year my break was from mid november to mid jan) and school kids tend not to have as long breaks as universities (go figure).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7577 on: June 06, 2010, 05:49:43 am »

Yeah, the school kids things works that way here too.  It always bugged me.  Also, in elementary school (like 5 years old to 13) you go later than High School, that bugged me a lot in high school.  This is coming from a guy who only stays at his job cause the earliest I ever have to be there is 10, though I have to work both weekend days which is getting really fuck*ng grating.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7578 on: June 06, 2010, 06:37:05 am »

my first class started at 8am through elementary, then 7:20am for middle school, then 6:45am for high school. each school day was about 8 hours including lunch; my assumption is to condition us suburbanite milquetoastians to getting up early for work, with the side benefit of letting the high school kids get to work before 5pm when dinner shift started (allowing for, or in lieu of, certain different extracurriculars: if you played a sport, you couldn't have a job).

in college i tended to work about 50 hours a week, 15 of which were directly for the school to pay room & board; the rest gave me spending money.

these days i work 11am-8pm. i'm not terrifically happy about that.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7579 on: June 06, 2010, 08:35:26 am »

some weird company I have never heard of found my resume on monster.com and wants me to apply. what? do I want to live in madison wisconsin? probably not. What?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7580 on: June 06, 2010, 11:59:30 am »

I agree that so many parts of the country are very pedestrian unfriendly. I love walking, and especially riding my bike, but when the roads are designed with no sidewalk and zero shoulder what am I supposed to do? I'm sorry automobile that you have to slow down a bit and drive around me but I'm zero emissions, bitch.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7581 on: June 06, 2010, 12:35:09 pm »

Also, I had a blast tripping last weekend. After the nutty peak friends and I went down to the creek and waded in the cold-as-fuck springfed water during that 3-4am witching hour, then just laid in the dewey grass and had our minds blown by the geometric patterns in the stars.

Also I queued up Trout Mask Replica on the PA and FREAKED everyone out for a good 90 min. or so. Those dudes were totally used to the jam-band school of psychedelia and were totally unprepared for the run out in the desert and watch yourself eating the back of your own head style.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7582 on: June 06, 2010, 01:18:46 pm »


Also I queued up Trout Mask Replica on the PA and FREAKED everyone out for a good 90 min. or so. Those dudes were totally used to the jam-band school of psychedelia and were totally unprepared for the run out in the desert and watch yourself eating the back of your own head style.

I'm pretty sure that Trout Mask Replica is the pinnacle of Western Civilization.  It's all been downhill from there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7583 on: June 06, 2010, 03:49:13 pm »

go to Sumerfest for free because I have an artcar.  Flaming Car, meet Flaming Lips.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7584 on: June 06, 2010, 10:55:20 pm »

some weird company I have never heard of found my resume on monster.com and wants me to apply. what? do I want to live in madison wisconsin? probably not. What?

My childhood best friend lives in Madtown, and she adores it. Give it some thought; I can put you in touch with her if you want more info on the town or company.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7585 on: June 06, 2010, 11:43:55 pm »

I was in Milwaukee in April and thought it was great.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7586 on: June 07, 2010, 12:31:14 am »

when reading that email more-sober, I realize that they obviously have not read my resume. "Talented Programmers Wanted." Nope! Not even a non-talented programmer!

last night, I was taking my trash out, and a guy walked up to deposit his trash right when I was picking a few bottles out of the dumpster to put in the recycling bin. he thought I was a homeless person, and offered me his bottles to return for the deposit. I mean, I guess not many people take out their trash at 3 AM.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7587 on: June 07, 2010, 12:21:42 pm »

this is one case where having a roomba is not cool.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7588 on: June 07, 2010, 07:00:55 pm »

What historical event was being reenacted, exactly?
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7589 on: June 07, 2010, 07:54:10 pm »

The BP oil spill?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 878   Go Up