Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345134 times)

0 Members and 172 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7590 on: June 08, 2010, 02:18:38 am »

I really can't handle living with someone this good at guitar. Like, I am embarrassed to play guitar in my house because he will hear.

He plays this gorgeous country/folk fingerstyle stuff that is so damn good. Damn it.

I applied for 2 jobs! Only 3998 to go before I get called back by one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7591 on: June 08, 2010, 03:21:54 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7592 on: June 08, 2010, 02:57:07 pm »

Inev has an over-developed sense of shame. I'd be playing around that dude so he would take mad-pities and start with some education.

Today I'm going to sleep four hours, have coffee in the morning (which I never do) and wonder why my brain is spinning around while the room is standing still.

Whooooa, so this is...is...caffeine?

fuck*ng A, no wonder Europe-people snatched up other people and straight worked there asses to death in fields and then used them to fertilize so they could ship this stuff back to the motherland.

This makes me want to boil all of Brazil while playing trumpet with my cock.

Deja? Five minute warning, buddy, run.

My Heart's Exploding!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7593 on: June 08, 2010, 03:57:02 pm »

the same guitar-playing dude recently drank so much caffeine that he started shaking uncontrollably, and thought he was going to die.

specifically, i think he mixed a lot of caffeine with a bunch of 5-hour-energy type things.

I do not want to play guitar around him, also, because I am already worried that I give off a weird "I am like a little kid who wants to grow up to be like you, except I am your age and should not act this way" vibe.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7594 on: June 08, 2010, 04:01:31 pm »

fuck's sake man, just ask him to show you that progression you heard him play, it's tricky and you're not getting it.

donde son sus cojones?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7595 on: June 08, 2010, 04:05:30 pm »

the same guitar-playing dude recently drank so much caffeine that he started shaking uncontrollably, and thought he was going to die.

This is too appropriate to put in the youtube thread: Fresh Pots!
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7596 on: June 08, 2010, 04:28:25 pm »

fuck's sake man, just ask him to show you that progression you heard him play, it's tricky and you're not getting it.

donde son sus cojones?

This is a good idea. Nobody ever learned anything by being afraid to ask.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7597 on: June 09, 2010, 02:14:34 am »

motherfuck

im headed to SLC.  no bumps in the road from harrisburg to detroit and no bumps from detroit to denver.  when its time to board the plane for my last leg, the flight is canceled.  the plane has a cracked windshield.  Delta gives me a ticket for the 6am tomorrow flight, food vouchers, and a free hotel room.  and the hotel has a shuttle.  it sucks because i have a room reserved at my destination for tonight, but they were pretty reasonable about the situation.  im not upset, just stressed out and tired.  my body and brain are 2 hours ahead.  there is a dennys and a flying j nearby.  i could use a few alcoholic beverages, but i dont think thats going to work out.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7598 on: June 09, 2010, 03:39:02 am »

Man, you should be able to get your Colt .45 on out of a Flying J?

Sucks travel dude, sorries.

Hey? You're not like offensive or anything, how come you suffer from Dramatically Diminishing Can syndrome?

no liquid stress forget-er at flying j.  wtf, im in friggin denver...  honestly, i would have settled for some "mikes day-old kool-aid" or whathaveyou.  [[shrug]] i had a big dennys breffast for din-din instead(it wasnt nearly as trashy as the stereotype and the food was above average.  but since its connected to flying j, its an honorary member of the "maybe if youre under the influence of ___ and hungry at the same time" club).

anyway, people that have served me tonight have had an extra good service attitude.  earlier i wanted to wallow in my crybaby-ness for a bit, but not now.  i guess i dont need the booze after all.

also, i dont know what the deal is with cans... maybe Mr. Wonderful is getting me back because i dont treat him like one of the gang?  or other people hacent liked something i posted....... [[shrug]] more than 0 is in the right direction, as far as im concerned.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7599 on: June 09, 2010, 06:13:33 am »

Yer in Denver?  Want to get high?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7600 on: June 09, 2010, 04:00:58 pm »

Yer in Denver?  Want to get high?

too late. 
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7601 on: June 09, 2010, 04:44:18 pm »

on both counts?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7602 on: June 09, 2010, 06:20:25 pm »

I was in Denver for like a week!

Why oh why didn't I check TOUAMB more from my cousin's place...

I could'a been high at CASA BONITA. Even though Casa Bonita was like being high.

Would'a made the thoroughly mediocre Mexican food better, I'm sure.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7603 on: June 09, 2010, 06:31:00 pm »

You don't go to Casa Bonita for the food, Ash.

You go to Casa Bonita for the mindbending combination of child-like wonder and post-modern adult horror.

The food at Casa Bonita is such as the gum in Topps baseball cards in the 1990s, an artifact of an original purpose rendered long vestigular by the changing whims of our society, to be regarded with nostalgia at best in its bland functionality.

Besides, "real" Mexican food as I experienced it in Los Angeles tended to involve animal brains and strange shacks that the health department gave "C"s.

My palate found its sweet spot and I was happy with it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7604 on: June 09, 2010, 06:44:13 pm »

1. I got a job interview? It is only a part-time job, with "sporadic" hours per week, but i get 22$ an hour. NOT THAT I'M GETTING MY HOPES UP.
2. My family are going to London next month, and my parents want me to come. One last family vacation before my bro goes to college. We haven't done a family vacation in years and years (although I guess they have, just... without me.)
3. just realized the local library has tons of cool movies. YES.


When we went to an awesome authentic mexican place in St Louis, my parents reaction was really bizarre. My mom speaks spanish and is from latin america, both of them lived in LA for 12 years... and they were completely on-edge about being in this area of town. Despite having told me stories about how when they first moved to LA they were scared of mexican areas, and then mostly got over it.

I mean, this isn't the best part of St Louis, but... it's an area where lots of my friends live, and where I go all the time. What gives?

Also, my mom said "it's like being in another country!"
Sometimes I am a smug asshole who laughs at my parents. Sorry. They are nice people, I just don't think they've been to bad areas of cities in a long time.

That food is so goddamn good though. Oh man.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 878   Go Up