Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346059 times)

0 Members and 162 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7605 on: June 09, 2010, 06:54:47 pm »

animal brains and strange shacks that the health department gave "C"s.

the only true authentic experience, that
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7606 on: June 09, 2010, 07:19:44 pm »

Inev's life is rad.  I want to go to London and eat with a lady who speaks fluent Spanish but is afraid of St. Louis Mexicans... All of these things sound rad.  And I would also mock your parents.  Parents are like that.  All stressing caution in situations where caution isn't even necessary -- because the love you.  It's sort of adorable in it's embarassingness.

In case you didn't know, there is basically no authentic Mexican food in my area.  The only thing close is things I make in my home, based on recipes I read, or on hearsay about food stuffs I have never tasted, but then I have no idea if they are actually authentic, due to lack of having had actual authentic Mexican.  All I know is the food I make tastes much better than say... Taco Bell, but that isn't really related to authenticity, more to do with quality and not being made by a non-Mexican who'd rather not be making it.  I once spent the entire day making true Mole Poblano from scratch.  It actually took me well over a week to source out the spices from lots of indirect sources.  There is basically only one place in the city that stocks actual chipotle peppers, and they asked me what they were for when I bought them (it was a African/Middle Eastern spice market).  The dish was okay, and I made enough sauce to freeze for several additional meals, but it was way too much work.  I am all for slow food, but it was hell tedious.  Since then I've had some travels in the US where I've seen preprepared mole sauce in stores, but my recipe warned that they are nowhere near as good, and then to put too much emphasis on the chocolate.  All I can say is I am never grinding my own pepitas again.  That is a lesson that applies to all life, not just pumpkin seeds.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7607 on: June 09, 2010, 07:23:41 pm »

My apologies, man, I honestly forgot that you wrote about it.

My mind is fried from the road and fried from the ordeal that put us upon it.

I'm slightly astonished that I remembered my passwords for anything other than my journal, my e-mail and my facebook, to be honest with you.

Mea maxima culpa.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7608 on: June 09, 2010, 07:33:49 pm »

ok, so, apparently this confusing email my mom sent me was supposed to say "we probably can't go this summer, because your sister doesn't have a passport." The amount of time it will take to get her one means it might be hard to fit in with such a busy schedule for the whole family. Darn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7609 on: June 09, 2010, 08:03:40 pm »

heh, i'm actually just filling out my passport renewal form. we've got a lot of trips coming up because the missus has found an in at the ritz-carlton. next weekend we're going to one of their resorts(?) like an hour outside town; september we're going to palm beach; she's lining up trips to new orleans and a couple other ritzes. comped!!! because she's blogging and they like good press.

our passports need to be renewed for the trip to mexico we're taking over christmas, the tickets for which we bought prior to this whole ritz thing started to happen.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7610 on: June 09, 2010, 08:12:30 pm »

We couldn't even drive through Canada on our way back east as my passport is expired.

Which is... ridiculous.

Niagara Falls Canada is a lot more American than a lot of places I've been in America.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7611 on: June 09, 2010, 08:36:48 pm »

I have never had a passport. I went to Niagara Falls once as a kid, the Canadian side and everything, but back then you didn't need a passport to go to Canada, I guess.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7612 on: June 09, 2010, 08:54:35 pm »

Yeah, back when you and I were kids, it was not a thing at all.

We went for a long weekend vacation to NiFalls, CA sometimes twice a year when I was a kid. I think all you needed was a birth certificate.

I think a year or three after 9/11 it changed over to needing a full passport for Canada and Mexico.

I have an expired passport from my one trip to Spain and Italy in high school and that's it.

If I head to Slovenia next time my grandparents go over (as I'm on the East Coast for a bit now) I'll have to get a new one.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7613 on: June 09, 2010, 10:13:08 pm »

WHAT? damn, i love passport stamps. the hardest thing about renewing my passport is losing the stamps i've already got. france, italy, mexico, costa rica, chile, argentina... i was kind of looking forward to starting over, and now ... there go my hopes, dashed against the wall.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7614 on: June 10, 2010, 12:40:38 am »

I don't know if I was ready to see my childhood best friend's pu$$y on a fashion website.

man. some people are just so skinny that they look like aliens.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7615 on: June 10, 2010, 12:50:39 am »

But... man... the curiousity factor!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7616 on: June 10, 2010, 01:06:16 am »

Does this mean you won't be coming to visit me Inev?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7617 on: June 10, 2010, 01:10:46 am »

yeah, I mean, the curiosity factor is why I sought it out. I won't deny that.

Maybe it would have been hotter if it were like, "she is my lifelong pal who I've always fantasized about seeing naked."
Instead it is a girl I've only seen half a dozen times since I was 4. Wearing weird see-through clothes because the photoshoot had some kind of goth theme or something.

I don't know Judy. I don't know.

this article made me think of you, though. http://www.slate.com/id/2256165/?from=rss
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7618 on: June 10, 2010, 03:09:23 am »

This is a first. Drunk dialed my physician tonight. Of course the office was closed, hopefully my message wasn't too slurred. Then my pharmacy. Luckily I only had to press buttons.

This is when you know you're a fuckup. You can't drunk dial your ex (not enough xanax in the world for that) but won't blink at dialing your Dr. Or maybe, this is when you win.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7619 on: June 10, 2010, 03:31:04 am »

...consider the following:

"A professional is someone who does what she loves, even when she's not in the mood."

Spouse said this to me while I was plowing through some copywriting the other day, and the first thing I thought was, "Hookers? Yeah, hookers."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 878   Go Up