Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345342 times)

0 Members and 180 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7620 on: June 10, 2010, 04:08:51 am »

Were you... hitting on your doctor?

(A hot lady who can prescribe anything = not the worst thing in the world.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7621 on: June 10, 2010, 04:14:37 am »

Oh hell no, I mean she is a lady and somewhat attractive, but it was all "I haven't received my blood work results back and I just wanted to make sure they weren't lost it's been a couple weeks" you see. It was totally legit. I was (am) just fucked up. I could use a fuck*ng burger right now.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7622 on: June 10, 2010, 06:39:02 am »

Spouse said this to me while I was plowing through some copywriting the other day, and the first thing I thought was, "Hookers? Yeah, hookers."

do hookers enjoy sex?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:00:54 am by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7623 on: June 10, 2010, 12:56:33 pm »

...consider the following:

"A professional is someone who does what she loves, even when she's not in the mood."

Spouse said this to me while I was plowing through some copywriting the other day, and the first thing I thought was, "Hookers? Yeah, hookers."

This reminds me of this shirt I wear when I am in a certain mood about work.


http://www.sharingmachine.com/
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7624 on: June 10, 2010, 01:39:13 pm »

This makes me want to boil all of Brazil while playing trumpet with my cock.

Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7625 on: June 10, 2010, 01:50:40 pm »

do hookers enjoy sex?

Presumably they do, at least when they're off the clock.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7626 on: June 10, 2010, 06:26:42 pm »

Of the sex trade workers I have know, I would say generalizing about them in regard to sex or anything else is to paint in black and white a group of people who live in shades of grey.  Certainly I have known a sex trade worker who really liked certain types of sex, but like working at a restaurant, not everyone orders your favoirte, you know?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7627 on: June 10, 2010, 06:35:25 pm »

See, I just assume that hookers, like 95% of the rest of the population, generally view sex as a pleasant experience, especially when they're engaged in it on their own time.

Is the word "hookers" offensive?  I don't even know. It's just so much more pleasing to the hear than "prostitute," I think.

Regardless, I basically whore out my writing to the highest bidder, so the metaphor is apt. Does what one loves, indeed -- after a long day of churning out product descriptions and marketing copy, I relax by...posting on message boards.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7628 on: June 10, 2010, 06:46:35 pm »

Funny, I've always assumed that prostitution... even that exceedingly rare prostitution that was nominally or in-rationalization by "choice"... sucked all the joy out of sex almost immediately, even whatever amateur sex might be had on the side.

Of course, I'm of that particular bleeding heart ilk that can't rap his head around the idea of sex-work as an act of true free will, without either economic desperation or as an expression of a deep psychological scar.

Can't do it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7629 on: June 10, 2010, 06:51:40 pm »

spent late-night time with two girls, one of whom is cute as a button. have always thought so, but suddenly she was doing a weird mixed-signals thing where she talked about my girlfriend, while giving me googly-eyes and leaning too close. weird situation. going to chalk it up to too much to drink + having recently been dumped.
at the end of the night she and her friend kept saying "thank you for hanging out with us." what the what? they also insisted on paying our cover to get into a concert because I drove. "it's like we're on a date!" I pointed out that actually, I have a girlfriend, so they were both on a date with my roommate. "Man, I HATE being fourth wheel."

tomorrow, I catch an 8 am bus to Chicago to visit the girlfriend. yayy. debating whether to find a way to show up at her internship to talk about my gun collection to the middle-aged who keeps sexually harassing her. she doesn't have work while I'm there, so maybe I'll just find his house and lob something through the window.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7630 on: June 10, 2010, 07:21:06 pm »

obviously it can't be a blanket statement, but the ladies of the night on that HBO show about the ranch in nevada all seem to enjoy the fuck out of their jobs. sorry for the pun.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7631 on: June 10, 2010, 07:38:08 pm »

Well.

Generally people on teevee shows will pretend whatever it takes to get more money/get on more teevee shows.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linear

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 95
  • Ah keep em cees lookin out
    • View Profile
    • This must be included if you specify a URL below.
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7632 on: June 10, 2010, 07:41:17 pm »

I wonder if you could have special photo printing process with invisible ink such that after exposure to special light "FUCK USA" appears on your passport photo so when you get your passport you scan it under the light and now you have an impressive passport.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7633 on: June 10, 2010, 08:20:32 pm »

Quote
I'll second Smells comment with the addition that some percentage of sex workers I've spoken with have a "find some fun in the means to an end" outlook and enjoy the good while enduring the bad.

Just like many of us not in the trade.

damn, is sex when you're married that bad?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7634 on: June 10, 2010, 09:29:14 pm »

So basically most of us have talked to sex trade workers. On a related note: You really learn a lot about your friends when there is a private stripper in the room. Things you can't unlearn.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 878   Go Up