Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343440 times)

0 Members and 190 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7650 on: June 15, 2010, 02:16:04 am »

Enjoy one of the many new kick-ass beers coming out of Utah. This will be looked on one day as the Golden Age of beer in the Beehive State. I'm drinking this incredible Imperial Stout from a brewery that up to this point was only really known for low-point beer, most of them only passable. Are there any other serious beer lovers on this board?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7651 on: June 15, 2010, 05:58:37 am »

dogggggggg i love me some good beers, but i'm finicky about the flavor profile range. not too hoppy or sweet, rarely wheat, any color.

some of my favorites:
belhaven st. andrew's ale (best beer i've ever had)
alaskan amber
leon negra (by the other mexican beer company, cervezeria quetzlcoatl)

seriously there should be a thread about beers


today i'm gonna ... want to shake the hand of the inventor of silicon spray lubricant. no more squeaky hinges in my whole house. cue pervert jokes in 3... 2...
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7652 on: June 15, 2010, 02:03:29 pm »

I am somewhat of a real ale connoisseur. Britain's got an amazing amount of local breweries, pubs have a mini-brewery in the back occasionally. I can get quality locally-brewed, good quality beers in Sheffield for £1.40, as well as their being pubs around with beers being 'Beer Champion of Britain' etc.

Do some homebrewing as well.

Local brewery Kelham Island has some top top beers. Pale Rider, Easy Rider, Night Rider, Texture Like Sun, Revolution From My Bed, Riders On The Storm, Cool For Cats, American Land, Reelin' In The Years, Parklife, Maggie May, Up The Junction... all beautiful
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7653 on: June 15, 2010, 05:06:04 pm »

who's employed in a part-time position with "flexible"/sporadic projects? Me. I Am.

Worried it will be more sporadic than I think, but making 175$ in a day every once in a while sounds pretty damn good right now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7654 on: June 16, 2010, 05:58:16 pm »

it's a market research firm that produces jargon, as far as I can tell.

our TRAINED ETHNOGRAPHIC CONSULTANTS use ETHNOGRAPHIC METHODS and CLOSE OBSERVATION paired with INNOVATIVE NEW TECHNOLOGY to... blah blah blah. Before my interview I tried to research the company, and I could find very little that actually told me what they do. luckily during the interview the guy gave me a pretty in-depth walk-through of what a day is like.

basically I go to stores (Wal-Mart, Target, Schnucks, Best Buy) and observe people shopping for certain products, and then approach them and offer a gift card if they'll answer some questions about a product.

I don't know how much I expect this to actually end up paying, because he said I'll be notified when there's a project in my area, and projects typically last 1 day, 9-5. But 22$ an hour is pretty awesome. I am doing training next week. I am trying to remind myself that this is not a job that will pay enough to live on, but, it is easy to get over-excited.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7655 on: June 16, 2010, 06:00:04 pm »

So they hired you because you have studied anthropology?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7656 on: June 16, 2010, 06:14:57 pm »

yes! I will be sure to tell everyone who has ever been asked "what are you going to do with THAT?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7657 on: June 16, 2010, 06:18:39 pm »

That is fantastic, I absolutely love it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7658 on: June 17, 2010, 12:12:52 am »

this is disturbing.

fail.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:12:38 am by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7659 on: June 17, 2010, 06:02:34 am »

disturbingly HILARIOUS
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

schnitzelbank

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7660 on: June 17, 2010, 05:49:28 pm »

...make something nice, because my very first Flash animation is evil:
(Warning: links are very annoying. Adorable with the sound off, a weapon with the sound on.)
http://www.theschnitzelbank.net/vuvuzela
The second one is worse (vuvuzelas are awful, you say? I will show you *awful*) because the idea came from Mr. Schnitzelbank:
http://www.theschnitzelbank.net/makeitstop
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7661 on: June 17, 2010, 08:32:26 pm »

The second one is worse (vuvuzelas are awful, you say? I will show you *awful*) because the idea came from Mr. Schnitzelbank:
http://www.theschnitzelbank.net/makeitstop
Quote from: iggy iscosohedron
I am going to start a bagpipe, accordion and vuvuzela band, front it with a Tuvan Throat Singer, and call it OH GOD MAKE IT STOP
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7662 on: June 18, 2010, 12:00:25 am »

ALSO: fuck you world. you got a pissed off asherdan on your hands today. hope you're ready for knock down drag out fun 'cause i'm coming to getcha.

angryangryangry

Ash, maybe you need this book:
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/hate-you-forever-how-to-channel-your-rage-into-effective-supervillainy/6377106
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:42:22 am by wombat »
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

schnitzelbank

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7663 on: June 18, 2010, 12:15:42 am »

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7664 on: June 18, 2010, 09:58:59 pm »

so I've been applying to half a dozen jobs a day (filing, temp work, etc) and got an email about an interview. However, they're telling me I have to do a credit report thing online as part of the "screening process." Is this normal? I am super not-into giving my credit card number to the internet when I don't know what is going on.

I do not trust a website that looks like this with my credit card number.

is this normal?

I also can't find their office on google maps. hmmm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 878   Go Up