Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343178 times)

0 Members and 192 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
BLAST FAX KUDOS ALL AROUND
« Reply #7680 on: June 19, 2010, 09:26:47 pm »

Well touambers, everyone here has been posting some stellar life stats lately so heres a blast fax kudos to all of you. Take the rest of the day off. Everyone except Linear.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7681 on: June 19, 2010, 11:00:45 pm »

I've had some great experiences buying things off craigslist. I got a $2k couch for $125 because some dude got it in the divorce settlement and just wanted it out of his house. I got my mom an awesome antique typpesetter's tray to hold nick-nacks on the walll. I found my bike, which I've rode at least 1000 mile on, on craigslist. I've gotten countless tickets the day of the show, usually paid under face value, and the people were happy to get rid of them. I found my current apartment which I believe is the best deal in the entire city on craigslist. Plus hours of amusement reading the missed connections and best-of sections. I love that site.
Logged

linear

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 95
  • Ah keep em cees lookin out
    • View Profile
    • This must be included if you specify a URL below.
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7682 on: June 19, 2010, 11:36:13 pm »

what's a life stat? 
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7683 on: June 19, 2010, 11:53:08 pm »

what's a life stat? 

HBPM-heart beats per minute
BMPD-bowel movements per day
CBVCEPD-calories burned versus calories eaten per day

also, your mom
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7684 on: June 20, 2010, 12:55:39 am »

I always check CL for short-term writing gigs, since most of the major job boards aren't set up to handle 1099-type opportunities. You do have to be careful, though -- there's good stuff out there but there are also a lot of scammers and nut jobs.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7685 on: June 20, 2010, 04:46:22 am »

not that this is surprising (or that it takes much), but toy story 3 made me cry so hard that my face started hurting.

the multi-whammy of being a sad movie, and being a sad movie about things from childhood, and toy story being a thing from my childhood... damn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7686 on: June 20, 2010, 07:32:14 am »

None of you know Kid's Movie Sadness until you witness the horrifying glory that is Will Vinton's claymation "The Adventures of Mark Twain".

None of you.

Watch THAT flick and then get back to me.

Holy God.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7687 on: June 20, 2010, 02:49:23 pm »

not that this is surprising (or that it takes much), but toy story 3 made me cry so hard that my face started hurting.

the multi-whammy of being a sad movie, and being a sad movie about things from childhood, and toy story being a thing from my childhood... damn.

I cried, too. At the end of course, but also when Andy's mom walks into his nearly-empty room and gets choked up because she realizes he's really going off to college. This is heartwrenching for the mom of a rising kindergartener who, I swear, was a squalling bundle of baby just a week or so ago. I imagine it only gets worse as they approach the teen years.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7688 on: June 20, 2010, 05:37:47 pm »

I cried, too. At the end of course, but also when Andy's mom walks into his nearly-empty room and gets choked up because she realizes he's really going off to college. This is heartwrenching for the mom of a rising kindergartener who, I swear, was a squalling bundle of baby just a week or so ago. I imagine it only gets worse as they approach the teen years.

my youngest brother just graduated HS last week, so my mom is  a HUGE mess.  her bad anxiety doesnt help things, either.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7689 on: June 20, 2010, 08:43:12 pm »

Thanks for the spoiler alerts, motherfuckers.

Seriously!

Today I'm going to find out that I have low vitamin D levels. I was googling it (of course) and stumbled onto this article. Bogus headline: "Those with low vitamin D twice as likely to die"

Although the article goes on to clarify it by explaining "patients with the lowest blood levels of vitamin D were about two times more likely to die from any cause during the next eight years than those with the highest levels, the study found," the math in the headline doesn't quite work. The Onion gets it right, naturally.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7690 on: June 21, 2010, 02:30:18 am »

Thanks for the spoiler alerts, motherfuckers.

We didn't give away anything that you don't learn in the first five minutes of the movie. Seriously, have you not seen the trailers? Andy goes to college, the whole movie is about what happens to his toys during that transition. This is not like revealing Luke Skywalker's parentage; it's more like saying the Jedi are the good guys.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7691 on: June 21, 2010, 05:34:22 am »

Quote
the Jedi are the good guys.

can you highlight shit this in black or something from now on? COME ON
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7692 on: June 21, 2010, 06:50:19 am »

the Jedi are the good guys.

Man I can't believe you read that film on such a superficial level, JL. Can't you see that we're meant to identify with the Emperor as a modern day anti-villain everyman, whose is crushed and aged before his time by the need to be everything to everyone. His hooded visage a metaphor for the impossibility of every showing the world our inner selves.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7693 on: June 21, 2010, 11:14:24 pm »

Just watched the season finale of Justified. Did anybody else watch this? It was on FX, a western based on an Elmore Leonard story. Pretty good.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7694 on: June 22, 2010, 12:51:56 am »

Why do you feel the urge to say anything without a warning. Guess who avoids bothering to learn shit when the "I'm gonna go see it "  lever is pulled. I don't know how far you're gonna go in unless you warn me or I read at my risk.

Fine. Fuck Me. It's a free country for the moment.

Sorry, Dude. Sincerely, I am. But I have also been trying to avoid spoilers, and I figured that at the very least, if you knew the movie existed at all, you would have to know at least the very basic premise of it. It's sort of been all over the place.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 878   Go Up