Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342441 times)

0 Members and 181 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7695 on: June 22, 2010, 12:52:13 am »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7696 on: June 22, 2010, 01:59:00 am »

Here I thought that Ash was worried about real-life-grown-up-teen spoilers.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7697 on: June 22, 2010, 03:26:55 am »

Yeah, me too.  I thought it was hilarious, then realized he was just being weird about movie watching.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7698 on: June 22, 2010, 11:35:43 am »

Today I'm going to stay up waaaaaay too late finding excuses to not go to sleep.  My overconfidence from getting more than I expected done today is sure to bite me in the ##### tomorrow, especially since I can't weasel out of going in to the office any more.

Also: There is a disturbed skunk outside, and it stinks.

Tomorrow: I remove the laptop from the bedroom.  I'm beginning to think it's dangerous no matter where it is.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7699 on: June 22, 2010, 12:09:22 pm »

i just got over sinus issues but now my tooth is becoming infected/abscessed. 
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7700 on: June 22, 2010, 05:32:36 pm »

Fine, really.

But I did not know the movie was one big Jessie's Song in tone, so now I got that impression to go in with.


OK, that it is not. There is an element of that, but it bounces all over the place. We were talking specifically about the parts that made us weepy, so yeah, of course that came up. But that's maybe 5 minutes worth of screen time, there's plenty more to have expectations (or not) about, so enjoy.

See it soon, tho, 'cause now that it's out it's going to get hell of hard to avoid.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7701 on: June 22, 2010, 06:18:22 pm »

i don't even watch trailers.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7702 on: June 22, 2010, 06:41:06 pm »

i don't even watch trailers.

The industry prefers that you call them "Manufactured Housing".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7703 on: June 22, 2010, 08:12:18 pm »

i just got over sinus issues but now my tooth is becoming infected/abscessed. 

Huh.  Are these things related?  I wonder this because I had a sinus infection, then the sinus pain gradually migrated to a tooth while I was on antibiotics, and next thing you know I'm getting root canal.  It was the weirdest thing:  one week I'm gunking out of my nose, the next week tooth death.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7704 on: June 22, 2010, 10:12:13 pm »

For those of you who think I'm being weird...maybe, a little. But when something like this, that you know you're gonna see along with your kids comes along, is it all that silly to just shut off the chatter and media about it and try to walk in and just let the experience, sans expectations, just wash over you?

How can you not have expectations?  We're talking about Toy Story 3, right?  All of the characters are well established in your mind already.  The look of it is also well established.  The story will be an adventure of some sort.  One of the main characters will get in trouble somehow, have a psychological crisis and lose faith in themselves.  This fact will be accentuated by a sad song.  The other characters will rally to his aid.  The character in crisis will recover in time to save the day.  Wacky hijinks and adventures ensue capped by a happy ending.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7705 on: June 22, 2010, 10:34:54 pm »

FFS Paul spoilers please mate
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7706 on: June 23, 2010, 12:01:12 am »

spoiler: there will be a horrible randy newman song

edit: sorry for the redundancy
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7707 on: June 23, 2010, 12:20:28 am »

Huh.  Are these things related?  I wonder this because I had a sinus infection, then the sinus pain gradually migrated to a tooth while I was on antibiotics, and next thing you know I'm getting root canal.  It was the weirdest thing:  one week I'm gunking out of my nose, the next week tooth death.

i dont doubt it.  the problem is, id have to sell a kidney in order to pay for dental treatment.  my only option is getting punched in the face in hopes that it would knock the tooth out.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7708 on: June 23, 2010, 12:47:27 am »

my only option is getting punched in the face in hopes that it would knock the tooth out.

Also known as the Asherdan health plan.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7709 on: June 23, 2010, 12:51:15 am »

canned, canned, a thousand times canned.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 878   Go Up