Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342226 times)

0 Members and 147 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7740 on: June 29, 2010, 07:25:26 pm »

it is my best friend's last day in town, and I just... don't even know what to do. We can't drink because he has Mono.

I am realizing, this month has been really fun, and this next month is the month where everyone is gone. booo.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7741 on: June 29, 2010, 10:18:04 pm »

If you can't drink when you're sick, what has the world come to?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7742 on: June 29, 2010, 10:53:12 pm »

mono = if he drinks even a little bit he starts feeling like he's going to puke.

apparently it fucks with your liver, or something?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7743 on: June 29, 2010, 11:04:03 pm »

Dude's got mono, man.  Just tell him to fuck off, you'll send him a text message.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7744 on: June 29, 2010, 11:17:31 pm »

Mono was the worst thing ever. I needed at least 3 pots of coffee just to make it to lunch.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7745 on: June 29, 2010, 11:27:17 pm »

Dude's got mono, man.  Just tell him to fuck off, you'll send him a text message.

Got a point here, dude. This is the answer to:

it is my best friend's last day in town, and I just... don't even know what to do. We can't drink because he has Mono.

Probably don't need to tell him to fuck off, but it could be good for laughs. At least just don't make out with him or anything, or like share a drink.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

linear

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 95
  • Ah keep em cees lookin out
    • View Profile
    • This must be included if you specify a URL below.
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7746 on: June 30, 2010, 02:21:07 am »

it is my best friend's last day in town, and I just... don't even know what to do. We can't drink because he has Mono.

ah, see, you should have date raped him last month then.  Carpe diem! 


Not sure if serious...

I yam serious.  Apple is a great alternative to some of the sucky stuff out there, but then, Apple has it's sucky side too.  If there were more companies making stuff that didn't suck, you could sort of pick and choose the best of them.  If one pissed you off, you could switch to another.  But if Apple pisses you off... then what?  You just keep buying Apple stuff, or, you really have to go out on your own, or do without.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7747 on: June 30, 2010, 06:22:46 am »

...dance my ass off, and watch my girl get her groove on with another lady on the dance floor. That was really hot, and that lady gave my girl her number, so maybe maximum cuddles will result? Conversations will definitely happen once we both sober up.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7748 on: June 30, 2010, 07:15:06 am »

Quote from: Mr Trout
...dance my ass off, and watch my girl get her groove on with another lady on the dance floor. That was really hot, and that lady gave my girl her number, so maybe maximum cuddles will result? Conversations will definitely happen once we both sober up.

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7749 on: June 30, 2010, 12:43:16 pm »

Hey Wombat, have you seen this one?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7750 on: June 30, 2010, 01:09:05 pm »

...dance my ass off, and watch my girl get her groove on with another lady on the dance floor. That was really hot, and that lady gave my girl her number, so maybe maximum cuddles will result? Conversations will definitely happen once we both sober up.



Dude, it's almost like you won a million bucks!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7751 on: June 30, 2010, 01:30:16 pm »

Today I'm gonna move to St. Louis after work.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7752 on: June 30, 2010, 01:37:38 pm »

Hey Wombat, have you seen this one?

No. Thanks.

I would have been paid, hmm, $160 for two days work when I was at the Baltimore zoo. I wonder how much more she got paid for writing about it, and why I didn't think of that. 

Of course, now I am part of the problem, continuing to work as a volunteer: "It's helpful for your boss to know, as many of the zookeepers told the researchers, you would do the job for free."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7753 on: June 30, 2010, 06:04:50 pm »

Quote
Today I'm gonna move to St. Louis after work.

For real? We should hang out. I will tell you about cool stuff in town. Also, up my Touambers-Met number.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7754 on: June 30, 2010, 06:19:29 pm »

Yes, for real. My wife is from there. I have spent a lot of time there so I know it reasonably well. We drove down a truck full of stuff two weekends ago. Now it's just a matter of loading up our pets and a few things into our cars and taking off.

We will be living at my mother in law's townhouse in the Central West End for the time being.

We should definitely hang out at some point.

Our GM bought lunch as an end-of-the-month thing and my coworkers brought some vegan cake and cookies! I will probably leave early.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 878   Go Up