Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342640 times)

0 Members and 184 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7755 on: June 30, 2010, 06:43:19 pm »

the CWE is very nice, my good friend just moved there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7756 on: June 30, 2010, 07:30:18 pm »

screw you, visual basic!  fuck you!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7757 on: July 01, 2010, 01:50:54 am »

so now my dad is forwarding jobs he finds online, and they all say something like "must have several years marketing experience" or "must have web development experience/knowledge of HTML, flash, etc".


umm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7758 on: July 01, 2010, 02:21:25 am »

Oh yeah.

Imagine how much worse that is at thirty and you are in my hell, Dan.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7759 on: July 01, 2010, 02:25:44 am »

oh man, totally found a job at Charter Cable that... seems like basically what I did at the radio station.

or at least that is what I'm telling them in the cover letter I'm writing.

I just hope they don't ask whether I have Charter Cable. I don't, because they have fucked everyone I know who has cable over.

I guess if they pay me to work there I can afford to get cable, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7760 on: July 02, 2010, 01:53:24 pm »

kroger = ralph's

hardee's = carl's jr

i think there's already a thread about that

By "Hardee's" I assume you mean "Roy Roger's." I haven't seen a Hardee's in years.

Oh, and according to the Imponderables book Best Foods bought Hellman's way long ago but decided to keep the name because it had brand loyalty. This a lesson that Macy's should have learned re: Hecht's.

tI: When I interviewed with Cox cable like 10 years ago one of the perks was free cable. I pointed out I lived in another county where Cox wasn't available and they said it didn't matter because they cable companies all have reciprocity agreements and all employees get free cable. Now if you want FIOS or DirecTV or something then you shouldn't mention that.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7761 on: July 02, 2010, 02:11:48 pm »

By "Hardee's" I assume you mean "Roy Roger's." I haven't seen a Hardee's in years.


There are Hardee's all over the place here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7762 on: July 02, 2010, 02:50:12 pm »

There are Hardee's all over the place here.

same here.  hardees just uses carls jr logos and stuff.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7763 on: July 02, 2010, 03:01:27 pm »

The only Hardees in my location is at the airport.  There was once one in a Home Depot, but it converted to a Subway some time ago.  I never ate at either of them, though I did eat at Hardees quite often when in Grand Forks ND. There is most definitly no Carl's Jr's in my area of the world.  Other chains not available in my area include Popeyes Chicken, Taco Johns or White Castle.  Recently Wok Box has opened in they city at a couple of locations, though not any where close to me.  The radio commercials have me wondering if I should check them out though - I had assumed they served the usual Chinese food schlock, but the radio ads imply a more international menu...
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7764 on: July 02, 2010, 03:23:10 pm »

Hardee's bought Roy Roger's and turned them into Hardee's but served both Hardee's and Roy's food. The people rebelled so they went the other route and turned all the Hardee's, even the ones that were around before the merger, into Roy's still serving both menus.

So for you people that still have Hardee's: do they serve Roy's fried chicken? Burgers? Do they have the fixin's bar?
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7765 on: July 02, 2010, 07:35:46 pm »

Hardee's bought Roy Roger's and turned them into Hardee's but served both Hardee's and Roy's food. The people rebelled so they went the other route and turned all the Hardee's, even the ones that were around before the merger, into Roy's still serving both menus.

So for you people that still have Hardee's: do they serve Roy's fried chicken? Burgers? Do they have the fixin's bar?
I don't think that most of the country has ever had Roy Rogers. I haven't set foot in a Hardee's or Carl's Junior in at least 10 years, probably more, so I can't speak to the menu other than the advertising. Hardees carved out a "manly" niche for itself with multiple-meated, 1000+ calorie sandwiches.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7766 on: July 02, 2010, 10:15:43 pm »

So for you people that still have Hardee's: do they serve Roy's fried chicken? Burgers? Do they have the fixin's bar?

i wotked at hardees in HS and a little bit after('99-'03) and i have enjoyed thier foods from time to time since then.  they offered fried chicken/biscuits/mash taters/slaw/gravy where i worked, but i dont know about all locations.  maybe all that noise was absorbed from roy rogers?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7767 on: July 02, 2010, 10:46:13 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7768 on: July 03, 2010, 12:45:24 am »

i wotked at hardees in HS and a little bit after('99-'03) and i have enjoyed thier foods from time to time since then.  they offered fried chicken/biscuits/mash taters/slaw/gravy where i worked, but i dont know about all locations.  maybe all that noise was absorbed from roy rogers?

Pre-merger (around here, anyway) Hardee's was strictly roast beef. The chicken and burgers weren't part of their menu until after the Roy's acquisition.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7769 on: July 03, 2010, 03:37:11 am »

dude i think you're thinking of arby's

hardee's is burgers and chicken sammiches and cinnamon buns and has been for ages
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 878   Go Up