Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343855 times)

0 Members and 181 Guests are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7770 on: July 03, 2010, 03:58:18 am »

My wiki research suggests that Hardee's did have Arby's-style menu items at one time. Apparently neither Hardee's or Roy Rogers is owned by the company that once owned them both.


Why did I give a shit about this?

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:02:23 am by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7771 on: July 03, 2010, 04:22:27 am »

dude i think you're thinking of arby's

hardee's is burgers and chicken sammiches and cinnamon buns and has been for ages

This.  Hardee's expanded their menu to include stuff like fried chicken and roast beef for a while, but then they swung back to just "$6 Burgers" for a while.  They have good mushroom swiss burgers, also, they used to have a killer Frisco Breakfast sammich.  Mmmm, greasy sourdough.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7772 on: July 03, 2010, 06:08:10 am »

as a kid, I thought I did not like sourdough.

I missed out on so many good sandwiches until I realized this was wrong. I mean, like, morally wrong.


protip: don't leave a book you're reading on top of the toilet tank.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:32:16 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7773 on: July 03, 2010, 06:31:31 pm »

Today I have the authorization to go buy a grill for my upcoming birthday.  I'm also trying to lose weight.  THESE ARE NOT COMPATIBLE.  BRAIN ASPLODING.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7774 on: July 03, 2010, 07:19:31 pm »

How is this incompatable? Grill giraffe! Chicken on a stick! Most grilling is done without added fat. It's less fattening than a whole lot of things you could cook.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7775 on: July 03, 2010, 08:00:38 pm »

Grilled veggies are natures way of saying I love you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7776 on: July 03, 2010, 08:14:49 pm »

Grilled veggies are natures way of saying I love you.

YES!  Also, what everybody else said.  All you gotta do is either grill healthy stuff  or when you don't, don't eat so damn much of it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7777 on: July 04, 2010, 02:01:48 am »

How is he supposed to do that when it's all so delicious?
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7778 on: July 04, 2010, 11:21:40 am »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7779 on: July 04, 2010, 11:19:52 pm »

Eeek. Not the good kind of fireworks.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7780 on: July 05, 2010, 01:59:38 am »

I guess they were ready for it, they got three helicopters and three planes going in 30 minutes and beat it mostly down. That had a chance to get ugly. Talking to the po-lice, it started on the backside of Irvine Regional Park, which means some azz-hole was playing with fire in the shrub. Good thing we weren't having the Santa Ana's or I'd have been riding my hoss and ponying the other down to Disneyland.

i love it when a plan comes together.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:53:52 am by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7781 on: July 05, 2010, 02:36:39 am »

Of all the weekends to be ready for fires, this would definitely be the one.

Also: I've found that people out east just aren't that cognizant of "fire danger." Or maybe just not to the extent that those of us in the big, dry square states are, anyway.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7782 on: July 05, 2010, 07:03:27 am »

man, the people shooting off fireworks all around me tonight were certainly not aware of any sort of danger.

one guy had a fire suit, and was dancing around while people shot roman candles at him. pretty exciting.

currently: a girl puked all over the outside of my car (made it all the way home, then puked as she was getting out...) and my roommate (who she is dating) is cleaning it off.
He is a nice guy, but maybe he could be attending to her instead of my car.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7783 on: July 05, 2010, 07:04:00 pm »

...thought I was "getting the jump" on applying to this cruddy radio station job my friend is vacating... he just told me over 200 people have applied so far.

eep.

certain people keep giving me the same "advice" over and over, as if the fact that I don't have a job means I didn't hear them the first time.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 08:47:40 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7784 on: July 06, 2010, 07:36:01 am »

This seems kind of like BS, but it looks damn cool.

for some reason one of the most painful things about watching Mad Men, for me, is that they never explain things to their children. In situations where it is really clear that that is all the kid wants. COME ON. She doesn't want a damn toy. Just freaking talk to her.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:41:19 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 878   Go Up