Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346308 times)

0 Members and 177 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7800 on: July 07, 2010, 12:20:46 pm »

Well you see inev that's the first step on the slippery slope. Seriously, these days I am beginning to think kids were better off when they were more ignored. I just learned that colleges now have orientation sessions... for PARENTS. Like some of them last three days. What the fuck is going to happen when this generation is in charge of the world and can't ask mom and dad to do things for them anymore?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7801 on: July 07, 2010, 02:44:51 pm »

Actually, the parents orientation tells parents what to expect. Theres stuff on financial aid, a review of parent's events at the college, and what to expect from your newly matriculated kid. My mom found it very valuable as do many parents who had not before experienced college, or how to deal with kids living away for the first time. I don't know where you guys are getting this bizarre idea that it has something to with babying kids. Its information for parents.
Further, every generation thinks the next generation is some kind lazy incompetent backwards evolution. Meanwhile, every generation has outperformed their parents and increased the standard of living for the community as a whole. I haven't had to ask my parents for thing one since I turned 19, meanwhile I get daily calls from my mom on how to do things like open a PDF.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 02:50:07 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7802 on: July 07, 2010, 02:58:20 pm »

Presumably colleges need to foster parental buy-in to their  particular institutions with tuition costing so much.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7803 on: July 07, 2010, 03:04:35 pm »

My parents had never been to college either but somehow I turned out OK without them being oriented to anything. I kind of suspect that you would have too, ACap.

I don't know about buy-in, but some colleges apparently charge a good chunk of money for these orientations. I have to sort of grudgingly admire their ability to invent this new revenue stream.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7804 on: July 07, 2010, 06:32:42 pm »

...get a haircut for the first time in ~24 months. Now actually I look like a contributing member of society, and it feels 10 degrees cooler outside to boot.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7805 on: July 07, 2010, 11:31:40 pm »


Fuck it, if you reach 18 and can't ride, shoot straight and speak the truth* the parents deserve a caning for failure.


Canned for the reference.
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7806 on: July 07, 2010, 11:41:02 pm »

1. The heat
2. Constantly cleaning shower and sink drains
3. Waiting all day for it to dry
4. It was starting to look pretty scraggly

It didn't cut it all off, it's about shoulder length now rather than halfway down my back. It grows fast so it'll back soon enough if I miss it terribly.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7807 on: July 08, 2010, 03:50:27 am »

"if a large number of americans were dying every year from anal-sex related causes, I think I would support a ban on anal sex in San Francisco government buildings."

I am so proud that I am living a life where I got to say that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7808 on: July 08, 2010, 01:22:10 pm »

Project Just Say No to Anal Intercourse.

Patrick Stewart is the best.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7809 on: July 08, 2010, 07:02:34 pm »

but, I mean.

the joke is that sex in public places is already illegal.

this guy was trying to tell me that San Fran govt buildings removing soda from their vending machines is the same thing as "legislating morality." He was like, a lot of people get injured by anal sex, does that mean we should ban it? He kept trying to turn it into a discussion about "should the government ban soda" instead of "is it OK if the government bans soda from being sold in their buildings."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7810 on: July 08, 2010, 09:10:37 pm »

Scott Thompson weighs in (sort of)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWEnqC1uPu0#t=2m40s
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7811 on: July 08, 2010, 11:19:54 pm »

He was like, a lot of people get injured by anal sex

Trust me, I'm a proctologist.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7812 on: July 08, 2010, 11:55:12 pm »

Who's Jack Elam?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7813 on: July 09, 2010, 12:28:44 am »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7814 on: July 09, 2010, 02:00:19 am »



"Trust me, I'm a proctologist."



consider me night terror'd
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 878   Go Up