Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343864 times)

0 Members and 181 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7980 on: July 30, 2010, 11:55:13 pm »

Sounds like Straub's.  Is it Straub's?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7981 on: July 31, 2010, 12:21:25 am »

hm, not that upscale. Straub's was not hiring.

it is a Schnuck's downtown that is going for an "upscale urban yuppie" type vibe. "Culinaria by Schnucks." Big wine section, lots of made-to-order hot food for people working in downtown offices.

After getting offered the job I got a hot sandwich, and the people there are just so... friendly and helpful. It is like they are happy with their jobs. Normal Schnuck's workers are not this pleasant.

a really nice guy I know wants to live with me! we both want to live in the same area, play guitar, etc. YEAH.

Also we date girls who are...really similar in appearance and temperament? So, you know, 4-ways.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 12:35:26 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7982 on: July 31, 2010, 12:36:17 am »

Whole Foods is an upscale food store?

I am assuming you have never shopped at one, or heard the common joke of calling it "Whole Paycheck"?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7983 on: July 31, 2010, 12:58:23 am »

I am assuming you have never shopped at one, or heard the common joke of calling it "Whole Paycheck"?
I used to go to whole foods all the time. There was one next to dorm in union square. I mean its okay, but I never thought of it as expensive or upscale.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7984 on: July 31, 2010, 02:31:34 am »

My mom bought me the first season when it came out on DVD several years ago because "Kate reminds me so much of you." I watched half of the first episode before I decided to be very, very insulted by that.

naturally.

they were on the local news every so often because they live(d?) in lancaster county.  then at the end of her divorce, the whole circus was everyewhere AND the news and it was annoying as hell.  i was all, "who do i have to kick in the nuts(or ovaries) to make this go away?"
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7985 on: July 31, 2010, 02:37:43 am »

I used to go to whole foods all the time. There was one next to dorm in union square. I mean its okay, but I never thought of it as expensive or upscale.

I suppose they could be different in NYC, so many things are. But if not, you've led a much fancier grocery-shopping life than me. Like at other supermarkets I don't have to make sure that a chocolate bar doesn't cost over five dollars before I buy it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7986 on: July 31, 2010, 03:14:11 am »

also, the world cup thread is locked so i have to post this here.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7987 on: July 31, 2010, 04:05:51 am »

also, the world cup thread is locked so i have to post this here.

Yeah, what the fuck was up with the locking? There was so much still to discuss!

Poor N. Korea. Funnily enough, that punishment's not half as bad as I was expecting. Not to mention, it's far better than what the Iraqi team got under Uday Hussein...
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7988 on: July 31, 2010, 03:02:30 pm »

Today I'm going to my Thespian troupes reunion. There will people from 6 different HS classes there. Single-year reunions are for chumps.

If that wasn't happening then I'd go the the 4-on-4 homeless soccer tournament being played on tennis courts.

Judy, I assume you saw that Manchester United stomped the MLS all stars this week. But hey, DC United beat Portsmouth FC 4-0. That's something.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7989 on: July 31, 2010, 08:49:20 pm »

oh man, if i were willing to spend a little bit too much of my paycheck on a stupidly large apartment, I could live above a really cool record store.

I should clearly not do this, but it is my childhood dream.

Also they would not complain about loud music. Oh man.


I will not do it, but, man, so cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7990 on: July 31, 2010, 09:34:42 pm »

oh man, if i were willing to spend a little bit too much of my paycheck on a stupidly large apartment, I could live above a really cool record store.

Get another roommate.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7991 on: July 31, 2010, 10:02:39 pm »

on the other hand, once I started looking at cheaper apartment in the area, I was like "wait, do i really want to live in this neighborhood?"

I found a place that costs about what I was paying last year, in a great area, close to other friends, etc. Hopefully checking it out soon.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7992 on: August 01, 2010, 12:05:53 am »

Today I put a frosted-looking film over the window in my bathroom so that my back-door neighbors won't be able to see my boobs when I get in and out of the tub any more.

I also hung a shower curtain in the hall bathroom so that my aunt and cousin can take showers if they prefer while they're visiting. There's a shower in the master and the kids always take baths, so until now we didn't really need one. I got a nice one that looks great with the tile on clearance for $8,  I was pretty pleased about that.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7993 on: August 01, 2010, 03:11:45 am »

Why you gotta go and depress neighborly relations like that?

Ash speaks for all of us.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7994 on: August 01, 2010, 03:23:32 am »

They will be thanking me when my mom's sister stays with us next week.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 878   Go Up