Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343316 times)

0 Members and 185 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8130 on: September 15, 2010, 02:17:04 pm »

Realize that I don't know what SPX is.

Small Press Expo. It's what San Diego Comiccon was 30 years ago. One room with a mix of small comic book publishers, self-published stuff, and a bunch of webcomic artists. Then some sessions in other rooms. Topatoco had a big table. I met the people behind Goats, Wigu/Overcompensating, Dr. McNinja, Cat Rackam, Nedroid, Wondermark, Octopus Pie, MS Paint Adventures (Problem Sleuth/Homestuck), and more that I'm forgetting.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8131 on: September 15, 2010, 05:55:53 pm »

I definitely thought about going, but I was annoyed that they had moved the location from the last time I went (which was a place where I knew how to park etc), and also, I remembered that I don't see any point in meeting people who write things that I don't have a previous relationship with. And that anything they would be selling, I could get on the internet, and that I REALLY DON'T need any more t-shirts.

But I had planned to reconsider on Sunday depending what else was going on and although nothing else was going on, I forgot to decide not to go.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8132 on: September 15, 2010, 09:34:23 pm »

I remembered for you, wombat, but knew you didn't want to go and sent you mind beams so that you'd forget and avoid the mental anguish.

I'm just glad that I now know what I helped you remember to forget.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8133 on: September 15, 2010, 11:11:44 pm »

Thank you! That was very thoughtful of you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8134 on: September 15, 2010, 11:38:37 pm »

I definitely thought about going, but I was annoyed that they had moved the location from the last time I went (which was a place where I knew how to park etc), and also, I remembered that I don't see any point in meeting people who write things that I don't have a previous relationship with. And that anything they would be selling, I could get on the internet, and that I REALLY DON'T need any more t-shirts.

But I had planned to reconsider on Sunday depending what else was going on and although nothing else was going on, I forgot to decide not to go.



Parking was free at the metro garage 1 block down. But I figure I saved money. I bought a few Topatoco books I was planning to buy anyway and on the site they usually charge extra for signed copies. So between that and no shipping I more than made back the $10 admission fee. If they'd had some of the t-shirts I've been wanting it would've been even better.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8135 on: September 16, 2010, 12:16:31 am »

Dang, I hadn't thought of the metro garage. I am doomed to always not or not quite attend this event because of parking, I think. The one year I went, as I recall, I hung out with Jeff Rowland and some internet people for half an hour and then had to leave because I had not brought enough quarters for parking. I think I bought a bumper sticker is all, and I don't think I saw any of the rest of the event.

I was also thinking that I could probably buy enough stuff to break even on the entrance fee/shipping fee tradeoff. If I had bought t-shirts. And I really, really don't need any more t-shirts. So I guess it's just as well.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8136 on: September 16, 2010, 05:50:34 am »

It's a definite sign of adulthood when your reason for not doing something is 'parking'.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:40:13 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8137 on: September 16, 2010, 06:09:03 am »

Parking is becoming a problem in Houston.  I avoid that problem sometimes by having an artcar.  It really opens up doors.  Or parking spaces as the case may be.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8138 on: September 16, 2010, 06:20:47 am »

In Houston? You have a... problem?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8139 on: September 16, 2010, 12:14:04 pm »

It's a definite sign of adulthood when your reason for not doing something is 'parking'.

That's an interesting take on it. I guess if you are so jaded about going places that you are thwarted by parking, that could be a sign that you are old.

In my case though I think it is largely a sign of being a recovering New Yorker. I didn't learn to drive till I was very old and I still don't know how to parallel park. Usually if going somewhere requires driving, that's enough to make me decide not to go, I don't even always get as far as considering the parking.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8140 on: September 16, 2010, 01:19:34 pm »

To be fair I never drive to uni or work because of heinous parking, so I am at least slightly old, luckily public transport is awesome around here.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8141 on: September 16, 2010, 04:16:25 pm »

Poorly edit together a video of my stupid hobby and foist it off on other people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rNpc70rebg

Next: Slides of my vacation.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8142 on: September 16, 2010, 05:20:11 pm »

You should take up something safer, like blindfolded offroad pogo-sticking.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8143 on: September 16, 2010, 05:26:02 pm »

In Houston? You have a... problem?

Nah, I solved it.  Can do attitude and all that.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8144 on: September 17, 2010, 03:08:35 am »

Parking is becoming a problem in Houston.  I avoid that problem sometimes by having an artcar.  It really opens up doors.  Or parking spaces as the case may be.

"I don't care, honey, the car is spewing fireballs, and we are not going to get in its way."

Today I'm going to listen to Chameleon over and over until I finish typing in a spreadsheet.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 878   Go Up