Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349304 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8190 on: September 25, 2010, 02:32:42 am »

only 3 trolls to go (I'm looking at you, Victoria Waterfield.).

Today, I found out one of my good friends is moving back here, because she got an incredibly awesome job. I am so glad for her, and also that I will have another friend who isn't in college.
It also gives me hope that somewhere out there, there is an awesome company looking for someone with my exact skills.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8191 on: September 25, 2010, 08:38:38 am »

Get cold hard cash for 8 (4 were $10 together) guitar pedals.  The other 4 were, uh, more expensive.

What am I going to use this money to buy?  Two guitar pedals.  I still have 4 to sell.  Maybe I can get enough to buy this one other pedal.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8192 on: September 25, 2010, 03:23:27 pm »

Ah, that drug, distortion.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8193 on: September 25, 2010, 04:31:34 pm »

Get cold hard cash for 8 (4 were $10 together) guitar pedals.  The other 4 were, uh, more expensive.

What am I going to use this money to buy?  Two guitar pedals.  I still have 4 to sell.  Maybe I can get enough to buy this one other pedal.

What kind?  How much?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8194 on: September 26, 2010, 01:05:58 am »

Mxr carbon copy delay- got to get $100
Mxr phase 90- if yer interested we could do a real good deal
Crybaby wah- same as phase 90
Either a verbzilla or an ehx holy Grail nano-  verbzilla -$100, holy Grail we could do cheap like the other two.  Don't know which one I want to sell yet though
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8195 on: September 27, 2010, 02:28:00 pm »

I probably don't want to quit my job and work as a bus-boy, right?

I am pretty sure it would suck, but I am drawn just by the "doing a job that isn't my current job" factor.

(this "Diner" restaurant that costs too much to be a diner called me up asking if I could start work Friday. Didn't get the message until late last night. Going to call them later today for details.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8196 on: September 27, 2010, 04:38:42 pm »

Yeah, why not both?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8197 on: September 27, 2010, 07:02:00 pm »

Right, wombles. I really wasn't being flip. I can't imagine that the plan is to stay in this current situation for an extended (more than a year or so) period of time so...bank it for the next Big Thing you want to do so you can, y'know, do it.

a little discomfort(fatigue and stress) now makes for a more easily enjoyable future.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8198 on: September 27, 2010, 07:49:47 pm »

Oh yeah, I didn't think you were being flip, I was seconding the motion. You don't quit a job to be a busboy, but being a busboy is a perfect second job where you fit your shifts in around your other job. While you're still young enough to stand it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8199 on: September 27, 2010, 09:04:39 pm »

Yeah, there is definitely something to be said for being paid by the hour.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8200 on: September 27, 2010, 09:05:18 pm »

I'm on a similar quest to be a scientist.  I might insist on "Mad".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8201 on: September 27, 2010, 10:43:05 pm »

I'm on a similar quest to be a scientist.  I might insist on "Mad".

bad hoss is going to be YOUR mare.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8202 on: September 27, 2010, 11:12:25 pm »

... think about how when this thread gets to 1000 pages we should hire someone to read it all and summarize.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8203 on: September 28, 2010, 12:16:38 am »

hmm. Talked to the lady at the diner today, and she basically said "You should get a real job. This is not a job for a WashU graduate. Why aren't you getting a real job? I'll keep you in mind, if you want, someone else called back before you."
She was really nice, and I think I would be up for occasional shifts as a diversion from this job.

I think my girlfriend would beat me with a bat, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8204 on: September 28, 2010, 12:50:56 am »

She doesn't sound nice, she sounds obnoxious and ignorant. You're not getting a "real job" maybe because there are like five people looking for a job for every opening at the moment? And because you have the sense to know that in your position any job is a real job?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 878   Go Up