Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346069 times)

0 Members and 166 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8250 on: September 30, 2010, 11:28:19 pm »

Oh, for sure.

You can't have Bacchanalia without crushing a few grapes and letting 'em stew.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8251 on: September 30, 2010, 11:57:40 pm »

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:00:41 am by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8252 on: October 01, 2010, 01:03:08 pm »

But they were SO HIGH. They were SO fuck*ng HIGH. How can you hate a team that good that was so fuck*ng high?

Because they were cocky assholes.  Also, Phillies fan here.

My favorite memory of 1986 was the Mets coming to Philly in early September with a magic number of 2, meaning if they won ONE of those games they'd have clinched the division and celebrated on the turf at the Vet.

Phils swept 'em.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8253 on: October 01, 2010, 10:54:37 pm »

But they were SO HIGH. They were SO fuck*ng HIGH. How can you hate a team that good that was so fuck*ng high?

Astros fan here.  I don't know if I hate them, but I have to begrudgingly respect them.  That '86 Astros team was the best Houston has ever seen.  What an incredible memory that was.  I didn't even see game 6, was working on a jobsite, but we would go check the score in the truck every 10-15 minutes or so.  Wow, that was one hell of a game.

Damn, when do the playoffs start?

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8254 on: October 01, 2010, 11:49:13 pm »

Less than a week I believe.
Logged
ACHIEVE

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8255 on: October 02, 2010, 07:32:17 pm »

... watch an amazing movie called the fall.  it has beautiful cinematography and the little girl is breathtakingly cute.  the movie was so intense that it pulled out a sniffle and several tears.  i cant even remember the last time i cried at all, much less over something imaginary.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8256 on: October 02, 2010, 07:47:23 pm »

Notice that over the past few weeks when I've looked at Who's Online, a guest is nearly always looking at this NSFW thread. I had to google to find out who Chloe des Lysses is (warning: ENSFW image search) and the thread is the first result. Looks like Judy already pointed out how popular this thread was in the context of our board, but it's kind of crazy that we're the go to place on the internets for a relatively obscure, artsy porn star.

Edit: It's interesting to look at Who's Online anyway to see what random, probably nearly forgotten threads you can come up with. Are the guests just regulars who haven't bothered to log in before searching for a gem, or some kid doing a search on toad licking?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 07:54:32 pm by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8257 on: October 02, 2010, 08:42:49 pm »

I often see guests perusing the KoL thread.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8258 on: October 03, 2010, 01:15:47 am »

Damn, when do the playoffs start?

Essentially tomorrow, since the NL West and the wild card are still up for grabs.  There may be one or even two one-game playoffs to decide those, depending on how things work out between the Padres, Giants and the Atlanta Freakin' Braves on Sunday.

I believe the playoffs start in earnest on Tuesday.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8259 on: October 03, 2010, 01:40:22 am »

Three teams, two cups!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8260 on: October 03, 2010, 05:38:26 am »

Three teams, two cups!

Boo to that! (Why find out?)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8261 on: October 03, 2010, 06:29:34 am »

Three teams, two cups!

Slow down, dude, I can only give you one can per hour.  I now owe you two more.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8262 on: October 05, 2010, 04:10:26 am »

find out that this woman running for Senate in Missouri is not actually a "bull farmer," she is currently Secretary of State. That was meant to mean she will wrangle things into shape. Oops.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8263 on: October 05, 2010, 01:07:25 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8264 on: October 05, 2010, 01:47:28 pm »

Poor Kate.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 878   Go Up