Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346686 times)

0 Members and 172 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8265 on: October 05, 2010, 04:27:06 pm »

I wonder how bad that would twist my youngest?

I'd find out but...Spouse, y'know.

it twists me a little
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8266 on: October 05, 2010, 04:38:31 pm »

the missus had never seen the gashlycrumb tinies, but i knew the poster from our all-mens' dorm at school. lucky for me she's into the macabre, i found a static slideshow and introduced her to them. the next week she went to the library and picked up a couple of his books; a week later we owned the poster. it's currently framed and hangs above the john in our half-bath.

lawd i do love my missus.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8267 on: October 05, 2010, 09:29:23 pm »

I've got and love the Willowdale Handcar, amongst some others.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8268 on: October 06, 2010, 06:13:32 pm »

Another day, another slacktivist Facebook meme that doesn't actually accomplish anything of substance.  Sigh.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8269 on: October 06, 2010, 10:26:19 pm »

Happy German American Day, hombres
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8270 on: October 06, 2010, 11:20:11 pm »

Another day, another slacktivist Facebook meme that doesn't actually accomplish anything of substance.  Sigh.

What is it now?  Spreading the rumor that Christine O'Donnell is a witch?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8271 on: October 07, 2010, 12:09:52 am »

I like a lot of what facebook has to offer?

Being able to toss out weird one-liners to friends is cool and knowing if most of the girls I had crushes on in high school and college are still attractive is rad?

But man.

Filling people with the idea that clicking "join" on a group is political action... yeah... yeah.

Democracy prrrrrrrrrrroooooooobbbaaaaaaaaaabbbly ain't helped by that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8272 on: October 07, 2010, 12:49:17 am »

Another day, another slacktivist Facebook meme that doesn't actually accomplish anything of substance.  Sigh.

But it raises 'awareness' right?
I was really disappointed when I found out what it was about, isn't it enough to be lewd for lewdness sake.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8273 on: October 07, 2010, 01:13:21 am »

I am mad that I bought a "Breast Cancer Awareness Month" t-shirt to wear to work immediately before I realized that I hate the idea of having this shirt.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8274 on: October 07, 2010, 02:20:18 am »

What is it now?  Spreading the rumor that Christine O'Donnell is a witch?

Nope.  http://www.salon.com/life/breast_cancer/index.html?story=/mwt/broadsheet/2010/10/06/i_like_it

Speaking of Christine O'Donnell, how come I haven't seen a mash-up of her video and the Monty Python "Holy Grail" witch scene?
(Probably because I haven't looked for it.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8275 on: October 07, 2010, 02:33:43 am »

I thought for a minute about posting a status update that referred in some clever way to the fact that I couldn't participate in this meme because I don't carry a purse. But then I realized, that would be participating.

I don't understand disease "awareness." Does anyone not know that cancer exists? Do we think that awareness will keep it from sneaking up on us?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8276 on: October 07, 2010, 02:34:09 am »

Oh yeah, of course, and I even participated in some of that today.  

I'm kinda curious though, is there anyone in America that is unaware of breast cancer at this point?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8277 on: October 07, 2010, 02:43:32 am »

I'm kinda curious though, is there anyone in America that is unaware of breast cancer at this point?
Thanks to pink cleats in the NFL, no.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8278 on: October 07, 2010, 02:50:31 am »

I mean if you make people aware and then remind them about getting regular check ups, so that's in the front of their minds and they're more likely to do it, that's something.
But I don't put much stock in knowing people care about an issue. Caring about something in an entirely passive way is a waste of life.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8279 on: October 07, 2010, 05:22:18 am »

I wonder if oncologist are swamped this time of year?  Do you think there are women all across the country going "oh yeah" and call for an appointment when they read on Facebook that their sister or best friend "likes it on the kitchen table" or whatever?

Hey, wait, doesn't Crt do this type of work?  What's the story K?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 550 551 [552] 553 554 ... 878   Go Up