Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347621 times)

0 Members and 174 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8280 on: October 07, 2010, 07:05:12 am »

Wait, I don't use Facebook and haven't been on there for years, can someone tell me what is happening, specifically with Paul's last example?

Also, today I am going to try to watch the Yankees game (are the AL games on TBS and NL on Fox this year?  No cable so important) and stumble on an Australian League Game.  It was their Super Bowl.  I was really excited but it was a blowout.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:28:19 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8281 on: October 07, 2010, 08:11:09 am »

You must of saw a replay of the replay, Collingwood and St. Kilda.  That game was played Friday night (Saturday afternoon Aussie time) but what is crazy is that it was a replay from the week before since the first game played to a 68-68 draw.  St. Kilda came back from being down 24-50 at the half, and even led when the clock ran out with the scores level.  Aussie Rules is my official new favorite sport.



That whole facebook thing caused alot of venomous arguments.  This punky dude I know was like, "alright you cunt rags, you're not funny, you're not clever."  Shit got crazy.
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8282 on: October 07, 2010, 08:23:36 am »

Yeah, I did.  I watched the AFL all the time when I had the Fox Soccer Channel.  It is pretty awesome, definitely my favorite type of football, though if I had access to in like I have access to the NFL it would probably be a tie between the two.  The fact I can rarely catch a game adds tremendously to my enjoyment.

I was actually looking up the playoff system cause the announcers were talking about the two teams playing the week before.  I saw the score on accident- and that it was a tie.  I was really excited for the St. Kilda comeback, especially after Collingwood got 68.  Obviously that did not happen.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8283 on: October 07, 2010, 12:44:09 pm »

Wait, I don't use Facebook and haven't been on there for years, can someone tell me what is happening, specifically with Paul's last example?

Carlos posted a link that explains it pretty well: http://www.salon.com/life/breast_cancer/index.html?story=/mwt/broadsheet/2010/10/06/i_like_it
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8284 on: October 07, 2010, 01:20:51 pm »

I wonder if oncologist are swamped this time of year?  Do you think there are women all across the country going "oh yeah" and call for an appointment when they read on Facebook that their sister or best friend "likes it on the kitchen table" or whatever?

Hey, wait, doesn't Crt do this type of work?  What's the story K?

Yeah, they do. Especially on National Mammo Day (3rd Friday of Oct) when a lot of places will do free mammograms. As I've said before, surprisingly few insurance plans cover routine mammograms. My office has found it cheaper to reimburse employees for their mammograms individually than to buy an insurance plan that actually covers them.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8285 on: October 07, 2010, 02:12:17 pm »

Here's a copy of the message I got about the purse meme. I got it 9/28 and as you can see it originally had NOTHING to do with breast cancer awareness -- I think it picked up that association later.

Quote
Ok ladies here is a game, like the bra color game that was a total success on fb and we had men wondering for days what was the colors. Well this game has to do with your handbag; where we put the handbag the moment we get home. For example " I like it on the couch" or "I like it on the kitchen counter" " I like it on the dresser" u get the idea.. Just put your answer as your status & nothing more than that & cut and paste this message forwarding to all your fb female friends to their inbox. The bra game made it to the news and this is just to mess with their minds a little. REMEMBER........do not tell the guys.

I don't carry a purse either, but I do have a small diaper bag that masquerades as a handbag. I seriously considered posting, "I like it on the coat hook," but thought that might raise a few too many eyebrows.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8286 on: October 07, 2010, 02:44:57 pm »

Yeah, they do. Especially on National Mammo Day (3rd Friday of Oct) when a lot of places will do free mammograms.

But that has nothing to do with awareness memes, that has to do with FREE.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8287 on: October 07, 2010, 03:34:08 pm »

"Had men wondering for days?" Really? Was there really anybody on FB who didn't know the stupid bra thing by their morning coffee break?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8288 on: October 07, 2010, 04:08:51 pm »

"Had men wondering for days?" Really? Was there really anybody on FB who didn't know the stupid bra thing by their morning coffee break?

I think it took me til lunch to figure it out, but that's because I didn't really give a shit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8289 on: October 07, 2010, 04:24:12 pm »

dudes can get breast cancer, but most dont carry a purse.  it is a sexist campaign.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8290 on: October 07, 2010, 04:40:46 pm »

Pedro has had a mammogram and carries a man-purse. (He calls it a "laptop bag," which technically it is, but it hasn't held a laptop in four years.) He's definitely two points ahead of me on this meme.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8291 on: October 07, 2010, 04:53:53 pm »

So...

Wait.

This was repurposed as Awareness but it was "in code to confuse men"?

People understand why this is at cross-purposes, right?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8292 on: October 07, 2010, 04:57:37 pm »

Pedro has had a mammogram 

Wait - what?  I can see getting a lumpectomy or needle biopsy because something weird seems to be going on, but unless I'm misunderstanding the process, PP must have more substantial moobs than the pics I've seen of him indicate.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8293 on: October 07, 2010, 05:05:28 pm »

Wait - what?  I can see getting a lumpectomy or needle biopsy because something weird seems to be going on, but unless I'm misunderstanding the process, PP must have more substantial moobs than the pics I've seen of him indicate.

Even for men a standard mammogram is typically the first step in diagnosis. They need to know where to put the needle for the biopsy after all otherwise they'd just be shooting it into you randomly. Even if it's a palpable lump you need to know if anything else is going on in there. It's neither comfortable nor convenient but it's a necessary step.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8294 on: October 07, 2010, 05:07:02 pm »

Yeah, no, it's apparently totally possible to do a mammogram on a moobless man. I mean, he's not exactly Mr. Abs-O-Steel, but he doesn't jiggle or anything. I would definitely not say he has moobs at all. Anyway, mammography is less invasive than a needle biopsy, and probably cheaper. He described it as "not that bad."

He's fine, by the way -- he's got a harmless lump of coagulated fat in an invisible but inconvenient location. He named it "Fred."

Simulpost w/ Cort -- I knew he'd be able to fill in the details.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 551 552 [553] 554 555 ... 878   Go Up