Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345437 times)

0 Members and 192 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8295 on: October 07, 2010, 05:09:59 pm »

So is it a standard chest x-ray, or do they do the plate squish with whatever chest flesh the tech can get ahold of?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8296 on: October 07, 2010, 05:31:33 pm »

Plate squish.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8297 on: October 07, 2010, 05:54:23 pm »

So is it a standard chest x-ray, or do they do the plate squish with whatever chest flesh the tech can get ahold of?

I'm now going through all our forms at work and changing "compression" to "plate squish."
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8298 on: October 07, 2010, 08:33:34 pm »

I'm in favour of descriptive English replacing jargon wherever possible.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8299 on: October 08, 2010, 12:02:27 am »

...not say anything when a woman bought her pre-verbal toddler gum.

thing that will drive me insane now that I've noticed it:

during the summer, green peppers were 50 cents, and orange/red/yellow peppers were $1.00. A package of 4 peppers (one of each color) was $4.00. So I always thought those packages were a rip-off.
Now, I guess peppers aren't in season or something, and cost more. Green peppers are 69 cents, and other colors are $1.50.
But the packages of four still cost four dollars! GOD DAMNIT.
I'm going to buy one of the packages of four next time, and make sure the ones in the packages aren't old or discolored or anything.


I am also increasingly frustrated by customers who say something I can't understand, and just keep repeating it in the exact same words when I continue to not understand. Either at the same low volume, or getting louder and louder as they get pissed off. PUT THE CHIPS AND SODA SEPARATE. PUT THE CHIPS AND SODA SEPARATE. What he wanted was the chips and soda in a separate bag from everything else, not separate from each other like any reasonable human being would want.
(because the soda will destroy the chips.)

Damn, have I transitioned from "guy who talks about his girlfriend all the time" to "guy who talks about his dumb job all the time?"

my girlfriend's pretty cool.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:30:47 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8300 on: October 08, 2010, 03:48:57 am »

To be fair, you were more the guy who talked about not getting any all the time. It makes sense that you'd transition now the getting some is more regular.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8301 on: October 08, 2010, 03:50:14 am »


Damn, have I transitioned from "guy who talks about his girlfriend all the time" to "guy who talks about his dumb job all the time?"


Dude, it's ok.  Don't sweat it.

Just think, you only have 45 years or so of work to go...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8302 on: October 08, 2010, 04:01:49 am »

Ah, an optimist.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8303 on: October 08, 2010, 04:09:48 am »

Yeah, you're actually more interesting now.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8304 on: October 08, 2010, 04:26:35 am »

Dude, it's ok.  Don't sweat it.

Just think, you only have 45 years or so of work to go...

no social security, dogg.  he will have to make his millions or swing a sledge hammer until he drops dead.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8305 on: October 08, 2010, 10:31:01 am »

Damn, have I transitioned from "guy who talks about his girlfriend all the time" to "guy who talks about his dumb job all the time?"

It's like our little boy is becoming a man, right before our very eyes.
Logged
ACHIEVE

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8306 on: October 08, 2010, 09:59:35 pm »

... spell "literacy" for a lady who is filling out a question on a form that asks for her education level.  Before you get judgmental, know that she grew up in a situation.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8307 on: October 08, 2010, 10:04:08 pm »

... spell "literacy" for a lady who is filling out a question on a form that asks for her education level.  Before you get judgmental, know that she grew up in a situation.

asking first is a good sign.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8308 on: October 08, 2010, 10:50:00 pm »

Who knows how to spell words anymore? Spellcheck has ruined generations by now.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8309 on: October 08, 2010, 11:09:03 pm »

Who knows how to spell words anymore? Spellcheck has ruined generations by now.

phonics-only-based learning is not a completely wise idea, as well.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 878   Go Up