Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347628 times)

0 Members and 174 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8400 on: October 28, 2010, 02:21:54 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8401 on: October 28, 2010, 03:34:10 pm »

I remember when you guys had that thing put together, it was kinda a big deal/decision for you.

Doesn't it feel good to still be getting something out of your investment 7 years later?

Actually, yeah. We upgraded the graphics card and replaced the CD drive with a DVD burner, and did a few other small things, and it still runs most high-end games (albeit not at top framerates). So I think it was worthwhile.

Next time we buy a gaming computer, it will be after I've made enough money writing game reviews to pay for it. So, maybe never?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8402 on: October 28, 2010, 06:42:26 pm »

My 2004 Alienware won't run Civ 5. I forget why. I think it requires a dual-core processor.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8403 on: October 28, 2010, 07:05:28 pm »

my 2010 mac won't run Civ5, for obvious reasons, but it MAKES ME SO MAD.

I want that game, and Starcraft II, so much.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8404 on: October 28, 2010, 07:36:34 pm »

I'm wondering if someone just got tired of the solicitors or if it (and this is the dirty thought in my mind) had something to do with this last couple being quite black.

You're sure Orange County doesn't have an ordinance against Soliciting while Black?

I am quite dubious about these outfits that allegedly help the underprivileged by making them go out and try to sell magazine subscriptions door to door. Even if they are legitimate, it just doesn't seem like a very good business model or even a very good non-profit one.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8405 on: October 28, 2010, 07:48:58 pm »

Today, I am going to have an eye doctor appointment.

Is it because I am vain and want new glasses, even though my old ones are pretty much fine?

...yes.

www.zennioptical.com is just too tempting. I can have the glasses I've always wanted for like 20$!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8406 on: October 28, 2010, 08:00:00 pm »

Oh, wow. I actually do need new glasses, some of those are pretty awesome.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8407 on: October 28, 2010, 08:02:30 pm »

MY HEART'S EXPLODING THESE GLASSES.

...$9.95
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8408 on: October 28, 2010, 08:14:11 pm »

Oh yeah, I guess I should have promoted them here.  I've bought two pair from them.  I've never been able to figure out why glasses can cost upwards of $200.  Now I know, they shouldn't.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8409 on: October 28, 2010, 08:25:44 pm »

Sweetie's going in soon to get her first pair of spectacles. She's less than enthusiastic about the prospect.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8410 on: October 28, 2010, 08:33:50 pm »

does the fact that my face/head hair is brown with hints of red mean I should not get brown glasses?

I don't know how colors work.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8411 on: October 28, 2010, 08:35:11 pm »

does the fact that my face/head hair is brown with hints of red mean I should not get brown glasses?

I don't know how colors work.

You should focus on learning grocery shopping first. Fashion comes after you can feed yourself.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8412 on: October 28, 2010, 08:50:23 pm »

I love my glasses from that site more than the 200 dollar pair I bought from the eye doctor. I believe how they do it, though, is the usual way - they send them off to China to be made by people who are paid a lot less than Americans. I have mixed feelings about this. I would be happy to buy glasses that are halfway between those prices that are made in this country, but no one seems to offer that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8413 on: October 28, 2010, 09:36:04 pm »

my theory is that at least a lot of the price difference is because these are knock-off designs, not "designer" frames.

I mean, at first I thought "Chinese Slave Labor" and then I thought, you know, my Calvin Klein glasses are probably made by Chinese slave labor, let's not fool ourselves.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8414 on: October 28, 2010, 10:04:49 pm »

i like how they offer simple metal frames.  the BH look doesnt work for me, so i just get reg'lar ones.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 878   Go Up