If you're a vegulon and live in Oregon, this is entirely plausible.
Oh shit! I
AM!
But I wasn't then, and I lived in Memphis, TN.
But your comment is eerie. It's like you're looking into my soul!
Today: I went to a bicycle race, and I worked real hard and did really well...maybe? However: I don't think I'll see how I did in the standings, because my race number was covered completely in mud.
The race officials had a pressurized water sprayer at the finish line and were trying to hose people's numbers off.
I crossed the line in a sprint and was all lactic and dumb and vaguely remember being hit with water and confused by it. (Seriously, I understand why, but it seems like a dick move to hose people down in November. Of course, I went from the finish line to a nearby giant puddle and washed 20% of the mud off my body and added 10% back.)
Also, during the unicycle heat, I beat my nemesis. It came down to us neck and neck at the finish line. I was riding my unicycle because I have something called integrity. He was running with his in his hands! Why fuck*ng bother? At the line I leapt forward off the front of the unicycle to try to throw my body across the line first. The announcer called it for the other guy. I laughed, and shook the man's hand because I'm a
fuck*ng gentleman. I then went around behind the scoring truck and jumped up and down, because I was so close, and he really put a c*ck in my sub-woofer with that kind of behavior.
Later while I was waiting for my bicycle heat to begin, I stopped by the scoring truck and it appears the officials looked at the finish camera and gave it to me. Victory is sweet, but winning a CONTESTED victory, so much more.
Your takeaway from this: 9th place in a unicycle race, is really fuck*ng important to me.