Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349403 times)

0 Members and 164 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8475 on: November 08, 2010, 07:08:50 pm »

Such a shame none of these bands you like ever have tour dates in Prudhoe Bay.

Now you're just being mean.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8476 on: November 08, 2010, 07:20:17 pm »

oh, oh, whoa whoa whoa I forgot this:

my ex-girlfriend is moving to Antarctica this week.

She will be sleeping in a tent and measuring earthquakes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8477 on: November 08, 2010, 07:23:51 pm »

oh, oh, whoa whoa whoa I forgot this:

my ex-girlfriend is moving to Antarctica this week.

She will be sleeping in a tent and measuring earthquakes.

Tell her to take warm socks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8478 on: November 08, 2010, 07:25:02 pm »

Now you're just being mean.

You're going to say that about this too but really I am just desperately avoiding work. Here is a lovely bit of Wikipedia I just found:

Quote
Because alcoholic beverages are not sold in Deadhoss, a humorous slogan for the town is "All that far and still no bar."[citation needed]

I love how Wikipedia so consistently denies that it is impossible to know anything firsthand.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8479 on: November 08, 2010, 07:35:05 pm »

I've never heard that slogan, but it's only been dry here for about 15 years, and it's not really dry now. I've found empty liquor bottles inside ceiling tiles and in the middle of the road. I know of people who have been sent home for bringing up liquor. I also know of people who make cocktails out of NyQuil and 7up (although I'd throw in a splash of Listerine or hair spray, personally).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8480 on: November 09, 2010, 06:07:05 am »

I love how Wikipedia so consistently denies that it is impossible to know anything firsthand.

I think it's more they're not willing to trust YOU about any firsthand knowledge.
After a while on the internet I tend to agree.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8481 on: November 09, 2010, 02:32:01 pm »

I love how Wikipedia so consistently denies that it is impossible to know anything firsthand.

Two years ago there was an edit fight with a guy about Venture Bros. I put in an entry in the mistakes section because they referred to a character by one name on screen and another in the closed captioning. It was deleted because I couldn't provide a citation. So I footnoted it with something "11 minutes into the episode" and that was deleted as "original research."
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8482 on: November 09, 2010, 11:58:06 pm »

...upset someone when I tell them their idea is "a bag full of cake dicks."

But c'mon. It was a terrible idea.

Deliciously terrible.
edit: Slightly NSFW
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8483 on: November 10, 2010, 12:54:06 am »

...upset someone when I tell them their idea is "a bag full of cake dicks."

But c'mon. It was a terrible idea.

that is such an amazing metaphor that i wouldnt even be upset at being thought wrong.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8484 on: November 10, 2010, 02:19:03 am »

wonder why it is SO FLIPPING HARD to find clothing for my daughter that doesn't make her look like a tiny fat streetwalker.

She is TWO, for fuck's sake. Granted, she is wearing the same size as my five-year-old, but really, why can't they make clothing for kindergarteners that doesn't look like it would be best accessorized with stiletto heels and a can of mace?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8485 on: November 10, 2010, 04:06:55 am »

Its certainly not the kids making the buying decisions.  Left to her own devices, my daughter looks like a thrift-store maven, with mismatched socks, t-shirts layered over long sleeves, color-clashed leggings and shoes on the wrong feet.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8486 on: November 10, 2010, 04:42:24 am »

Deliciously terrible.
edit: Slightly NSFW

Hey Doc, try one of these.

Also slightly NSFW
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8487 on: November 10, 2010, 04:56:11 am »

I came close to yelling at a coworker today, even though he thought he was being really funny and everyone else acted like he was hilarious.

I never thought I would be the "I'm doing my fuck*ng JOB while these JACKOFFS are screwing around, what in the HELL is their problem, I'm THROUGH covering THEIR ASSES *keels over dead*" guy.

I am worried, because my email was somehow compromised yesterday, and then it sent out a ton of spam, and then I changed my password, and then I got another notification from Gmail saying that my email has been compromised. What do I do here?

Today, with this huge convention in town, was like a horror movie where everyone in the world forgets how waiting in line works.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:03:14 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8488 on: November 10, 2010, 05:05:07 am »

Today, with this huge convention in town, was like a horror movie where everyone in the world forgets how waiting in line works.

I just really liked this, and wanted to reiterate it. I have been in your shoes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8489 on: November 10, 2010, 12:38:18 pm »


I never thought I would be the "I'm doing my fuck*ng JOB while these JACKOFFS are screwing around, what in the HELL is their problem, I'm THROUGH covering THEIR ASSES *keels over dead*" guy.

Why not? This doesn't surprise me at all.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 878   Go Up